Anime Central Forums: The new plaza near the Convention hall - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The new plaza near the Convention hall I forgot the name of it lol.

#1 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

I remember many people bringing up that there is this new plaza near the hall and hotel. just on the other side of the parking building. It would have a grill and bar, a bowling alley and all that fun stuff. I dont remember what its being called but i was wondering if it has been built and if the places are open :)
I intend to eat mcdonalds bring ramen for occasional snack and maybe make a trek to the dennys for lunch one of the days but the mexican grill place caught my eye for say dinner lol. so just wondering ^^

#2 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

The Park @ Rosemont :)
ar lath ma vhenan

#3 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

judging from the website i take it just that pub is open? :(

#4 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostNaoya Toudou, on 25 April 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

judging from the website i take it just that pub is open? :(

Yes, just five roses is open. The bowling alley opens may 2. The rest of the places are still being built.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#5 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostIsamu, on 25 April 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Yes, just five roses is open. The bowling alley opens may 2. The rest of the places are still being built.

That is extremely disappointing! Thinking about doing 5 Roses for dinner on Thursday though...
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#6 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

I drove through there a couple weeks ago on my way home (I pass through Rosemont twice daily), and yeah just the 5 Roses is open. Looked nice from the outside at least :)

Just think of all the awesome stuff that will be there in time for NEXT Acen though!! It looks like in addition to the Park there might be another section of businesses behind the Rosemont Theatre, I see construction over there too.
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2015: Doctor Leonard McCoy, Agent Jemma Simmons, either Gambit or Shadowcat
ACen 2015: GoGo Tomago, Doctor Leonard McCoy, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#7 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostKnitChick, on 25 April 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Just think of all the awesome stuff that will be there in time for NEXT Acen though!! It looks like in addition to the Park there might be another section of businesses behind the Rosemont Theatre, I see construction over there too.

That's planned as an outlet mall.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#8 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

I drove past there twice last week picking someone up from O'Hare, and it looked like the buildings/frames were up. Does anyone know if it's just construction on the exteriors left & that's the outside work it looked like they were up to? I know one looked done and another almost done, bar what appeared to be brickwork and/or beautification, and two looked like they were moving glass (or something similarly shiny from a distance).... Would be nice if the things were open in time to enjoy between con madness(es). Neon bowling would be kinda awesome.
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users