From the initial postings in my DDR thread I was under the impression we would be getting some level of assistance, at least with some accommodations & being able have everything viewed and powered up (and possibly having another PS2 to use). Having not heard back, I have gathered so far roughly 6~8 working PS2, have several more to test, and possibly a couple people I can call in favors with to borrow theirs for the day; I also have several dance pads, and where I lack pads I have handheld controllers. Fortunately enough the PS2s came with the red/yellow/white plugs and power cables, and I have at least one spare plug in event of Murphy's Law. I do not, however, have a dozen projectors, cables and RGB -> VGA converters to run them. For that matter, nor do I have a dozen tables, milk crates, or whatever to prop up a potential/hypothetical dozen-odd televisions which I may or may not be able to procure in one day's time (I mean, I could *try* to, but guarantees...not good odds), or even necessarily enough outlets in the room to power all of these electronics. Bit of a mild dillemma, that. :/
So, what I need to know, today, in simplest terms:
- How many projectors are allotted per room (and if we need more, can we get them)?
- Do I need to supply all the TVs/means of seeing, and tables/some sort of supports for them, aside from the 1 projector/microphone/table at front guaranteed?
- If I do not need to supply all our own viewing/screen mechanisms, will we have multiple projectors or at least some sort of assistance ( * )?
- If the above is also true, will that mean I should anticipate a dozen projectors and go buy tons of VGA adapters for the PS2s? Or will the Red/White/Yellow plugs suffice (our old home projector has the RWY holes, so IDK if others do too)?
- How many electrical outlets are in Narita A-B?
- Are the rooms all on one circuit (*think this is the right word; I'm sleep-deprived & exhausted, sorry if it's error), meaning tons of power supplies/surge protector extenders would overload it & trip the fuse/blow the room or floor's power, or are there multiple circuits in there, thus letting us split the power for our devices safely?
- Is the PS2 + dance pad offer still valid? ( * )
- Just how many systems / setups can these rooms safely hold (doubt the fire marshal gave a #, so maybe a low guesstimate)? The hotel's occupancy info doesn't account for pseudo arcades, so I can't be certain of a rough estimate outside maybe a banquet setup (though that's kinda like apples vs oranges). I don't want to have too much and piss off the fire marshal, but I also don't want so few spots that we're a sad pathetic sight and unable to accommodate our attendees...
- Is Panel still possibly providing prizes ( * ), or will I have to run out & get prizes today? (.......in a pinch, i have glowsticks?)
Without any information/answers about these critical things, we would essentially be forced to cancel our runs. By no means would we *want* to do that (DDR is awesome), but we can't blindly spend a couple/several hundred dollars just hoping the items bought are actually needed, and we've waited a long time hoping to find out just that. I realize staff is busy, but even a short simple answer to each of the above would suffice and be appreciated. Thank you, & apologies in advanced for my crappy morning typing skills.