• This topic is locked

Parking?

#1 User is offline   Jenya 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60655

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

I don't necessarily want to rent a hotel room, so is there anywhere I can leave my car not far from Acen that it for sure won't get towed? Maybe the hotels let people park?
ACen 2014 cosplays:
Friday: School Girl Asuka (NGE)
Saturday: Splash Free Rin (Free!)

#2 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

http://www.acen.org/...ee-parking-lot/

http://www.acen.org/...tt-parking-fee/
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#3 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

the farther you go the more likely you'll have free parking, other wise there are 3 major parking structures for a price.. and its like i think 5 for the CTA parking lot which his like... a 3 mintue walk
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#4 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Your best bet is the official convention center parking lot, it's across River Road from the convention center, tucked away behind the Embassy and Double Tree. $13 a day, no in-and-out privileges, and there's the bridge over River Road to make it easy to get into the convention center.

I believe you can park in the Hyatt's lot, but you will pay more than if you were staying as a guest, and I can tell you from experience that you will have a very difficult time finding parking. The Hyatt lot is usually completely filled by 10-11 am on Friday, and doesn't empty until Sunday afternoon.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#5 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

yah, that sounds about right.
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#6 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

KnitChick & Kenken are right. The lot between the Doubletree and the Embassy Suites is the Rosemont lot you can park in for a fee (I want to say like $16 or $18 per full/24hr day, but that might have just been the hotel rate for access to it).
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#7 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

View Postchainedbyroses, on 23 April 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

KnitChick & Kenken are right. The lot between the Doubletree and the Embassy Suites is the Rosemont lot you can park in for a fee (I want to say like $16 or $18 per full/24hr day, but that might have just been the hotel rate for access to it).

The price for the convention center lot is $13 per day, as I stated in my post.

The price you're thinking of is for the hotel part of the lot, for those staying overnight.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#8 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostKnitChick, on 24 April 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

The price for the convention center lot is $13 per day, as I stated in my post.

The price you're thinking of is for the hotel part of the lot, for those staying overnight.

....Isn't the convention center's lot connected to the DESCC/skywalk & either next to (or adjoined to?) the Hyatt garage? o.O Apologies if I'm confusing things here; I was meaning the one across the street from the Hyatt and con center in my post, but I might be mixing up the lots I was thinking of that have the con center's name on it -- thanks for clarifying! :)
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#9 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

View Postchainedbyroses, on 24 April 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

....Isn't the convention center's lot connected to the DESCC/skywalk & either next to (or adjoined to?) the Hyatt garage? o.O Apologies if I'm confusing things here; I was meaning the one across the street from the Hyatt and con center in my post, but I might be mixing up the lots I was thinking of that have the con center's name on it -- thanks for clarifying! :)

The Hyatt garage is completely separate. Let me see if I can't toss in a couple of visual aids to help here.

I took an aerial shot of the area, marked the convention center lot that I'm talking about so you can see where it is in relation to the convention center, Hyatt, and the Hyatt's parking.

Posted Image

And a shot showing the entrance to that lot - there's actually two entrances, the majority of traffic will head straight into the part of the structure designated for the convention center parking, but Embassy guests head to the right and enter a separate way (since they're going to be parking overnight).

Posted Image

I hope that helps clear things up. It's a bit confusing to explain but when you're there, most of the time the Rosemont police will be directing convention center traffic into the con center lot I'm describing. So if you're not staying overnight and just coming for the convention, just follow their directions for where to park.

#10 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostKnitChick, on 24 April 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

The Hyatt garage is completely separate. Let me see if I can't toss in a couple of visual aids to help here.

I took an aerial shot of the area, marked the convention center lot that I'm talking about so you can see where it is in relation to the convention center, Hyatt, and the Hyatt's parking.

Attachment aerialview2a.jpg

And a shot showing the entrance to that lot - there's actually two entrances, the majority of traffic will head straight into the part of the structure designated for the convention center parking, but Embassy guests head to the right and enter a separate way (since they're going to be parking overnight).

Attachment concenterparking-1.jpg

I hope that helps clear things up. It's a bit confusing to explain but when you're there, most of the time the Rosemont police will be directing convention center traffic into the con center lot I'm describing. So if you're not staying overnight and just coming for the convention, just follow their directions for where to park.

I can't view the images - when I click those links/files, I get a board error message saying I am not authorized to view attachments. :/

But as for the Embassy lot having two entrances, I honestly didn't even know that (shameful, I know). Perhaps over the years I just didn't pay attention as we were pulling in to park, or maybe it just didn't register in my head past my eyes, I dunno.... It does make sense, though.

#11 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Postchainedbyroses, on 24 April 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

I can't view the images - when I click those links/files, I get a board error message saying I am not authorized to view attachments. :/

Weird. I edited my post to link to those same images on my photobucket ^ so see if that works :)

#12 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostKnitChick, on 25 April 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Weird. I edited my post to link to those same images on my photobucket ^ so see if that works :)

Pictures are working now yeah. The ones in the quote are still borked, but meh, I've spent the last week trying to make technology cooperate (lol like that'll happen) so no big deal lol.

And yeah I see the difference in the entrances. Looks like the drivers I drive with have always just been pulling into the hotel parts, & the main entrance was what they'd thought was just the lot exit (& why are parking was both on our bill and the drive-out lot tickets, for that matter). I'm gonna makes sure I scribble/annotate that onto the maps everyone in our group's using so there's no madness this time around then!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users