• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Not another prop question

#1 User is offline   21rules 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59355

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this question as it may be more of an ADA topic. I'm disabled with a bad back and need to sit down frequently, in my past experiences at con eats can be hard to come by and I was thinking about bringing one of those camping chairs that folds up and stores in a carry bag. My question is whether this is allowed or if I need to provide a doctors note to ADA or IRT if a note is needed could someone please let me know what the note needs to say and if a note is needed please let me know as soon as possible as I already have a doctors appointment Monday afternoon. Thank you and any info/help will be greatly appreciated.
Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on again?

#2 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

View Post21rules, on 22 April 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this question as it may be more of an ADA topic. I'm disabled with a bad back and need to sit down frequently, in my past experiences at con eats can be hard to come by and I was thinking about bringing one of those camping chairs that folds up and stores in a carry bag. My question is whether this is allowed or if I need to provide a doctors note to ADA or IRT if a note is needed could someone please let me know what the note needs to say and if a note is needed please let me know as soon as possible as I already have a doctors appointment Monday afternoon. Thank you and any info/help will be greatly appreciated.

As far as ADA is concerned, we have no problems if you bring your own chair. It might, however, prove to be a bit too cumbersome for use in crowded areas. I'll defer this to IRT for a final determination. If standing is a problem for you, PM or email me and I'll send you the phone number for our wheelchair rental supplier.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#3 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

IRT doesn't have an issue with it as long as wherever you set up doesn't cause a crowd control issue.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users