Anime Central Forums: What is the concert policy this year? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What is the concert policy this year?

#1 User is offline   ninamori 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4046

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

I would like to get an answer from the right source and not someone just saying "well, I think this...". If this thread fails, could someone out there please tell me who to ask. With less than a week remaining and no clear word on the concert policy, I'm afraid this year will be just as chaotic as years past...

*If I only want to see LM.C and not Eyeshine, do I have to see them anyway(not that I mind, I just need to know what time to get there)? Some people are saying Eyeshine is not an opening act and there will be an intermission between the two concerts with readmission. Does this mean there will be two lines? One for concert A and one for concert B? Or does this mean we all line up, see concert A, all exit and get in line again to see concert B? @___@ I only ask because this has happened in the past and it really REALLY sucked... Are you just treating Eyeshine as an opening act since they're playing right before LM.C so we don't have to leave? I would like a clear and positive answer on this one.

*Are bags allowed inside this time? Even if I just bring a purse small enough for my keys and wallet? Sometimes it seems like they are and sometimes it seems like they aren't... For example: at Aural Vampire on Friday I was told no bags(I had a small little purse). At Aural Vampire on Saturday I was allowed to bring in a huge backpack, tote bag and shopping bags from the dealers room... Can I please get a positive answer on this one and will you post it for everyone to see and for all to know T^T

*Cameras ok? yes/no? I'd hate to wait in line just to be turned away at the door.

*And one last thing - Since the Main Programming Event Lines thread has been overtaken by unrelated comments, do the rules on the first post in that thread still apply? And they will be enforced this year right?

#2 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Let's get you an official answer, then.

According to my schedule, which is the one that IRT is using to coordinate line control and such, there will be two separate lines for the two concerts; they are being treated as two different concerts for all intents and purposes.

Bags of reasonable size are allowed in concerts but cameras are not (our context with the bands include the standard no photo/no video clauses). Cameras are also not allowed in the FUNimation premieres, because they are exclusive premieres. Cameras are allowed in the dances but bags are not. There should be signs to this effect this year and our teams should be briefed on the policies.

The procedure from the first post in that thread is essentially unchanged for this year, yes. (Last year we had some trouble with signs and part of the way through the weekend the hotel asked us to do the lines a different way, which created a lot of confusion. This year we have a dedicated line control team and have been given as much assurance by the hotel as we can get that they won't jump in and ask us to change it again.)  I hope this helps.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#3 User is offline   ninamori 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4046

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thank you so very much, you're fantastic. This is exactly what I was looking for :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users