• This topic is locked

Staffing Perks

#1 User is offline   sisterdiscord 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1559

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

This list is subject to change, and many perks have limited availability. This post is not a guarantee of rooming, badges, parking, or anything else, there are processes that staff have to follow to be 'on the list' for these things.

• The joy of seeing attendees with bright happy faces, and knowing YOU contributed!
  • Great experience that looks awesome on a resume.
  • Exciting, interesting, diverse new people to get to know and meet.
  • All staff receive their ACen badge for free.
  • All staff receive access to staff suite for meals Friday through Sunday during the show.
  • ACen provides Thurs-Sun housing in one of the satellite hotels for some staff members. Not all staff are housed, but each department has an allotment of room space. Staff are housed 4 to a room, and preference is based on a number of factors including commuting distance, years on the team, and need.
  • Staff are eligible for free (carpooling staffers) or discounted (individual drivers) parking passes. There‚Äôs a limited number of these, and they are first come first served.
  • Staff are eligible to apply for a small number of complimentary memberships for friends/family. For first year staff, we allow up to 2 complimentary badges for your friends/family. (1 friend, 1 family or 2 family) This number changes as you stay with us longer!
  • Invites to year-round events. We have a staff Christmas party, a summer Matsuri, and other events around the year to get us together and keep us working as a team!

This is my signature. It is only one line.

#2 User is offline   sisterdiscord 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1559

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

I've been asked privately by a couple of you, so I wanted to add this:

Yes, we will act as a skills and personal reference if you're applying for a job. ACen cannot be an 'employer' reference because we don't have any paid employees. From Jan to May of 2012, ACen's management team acted as resume references for at least two dozen staff members, and provided letters of reference for college applicants, grad schools, scholarships and fellowships, study abroad/JET, and several other programs.

I'm proud to say we have former staff working here, in Japan, and in Taiwan in positions that they got in part because of the experiences they gained on our team.
This is my signature. It is only one line.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users