• This topic is locked

Any free parking lot?

#1 User is offline   bondkira 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3218

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hey guys. Sorry if I am posting this question to the wrong location, but here I go...

I am checking in on Thursday, but I need to leave the hotel as soon as I check in.
Is there any nearby parking lot that I can only park for maybe 1 hr and leave ASAP without being charged at all?
I know there is a parking lot/garage for Hyatt, but they charge you once you go through the gate...
If anyone can tell me where would be a good temporarily parking lot, I appreciate a lot!!

#2 User is online   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Someone just posted about this today here. There is no free parking.

Oh I skipped the part where you said just for 1 hour. Your best and cheapest bet is to either get someone to drive your car around and pick you up later, or use the CTA lot.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#3 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

or if your checking in. You can leave it in the temp parking there and explain to anyone who argues "i need to wait a moment to check in. then i'm leaving, THEN coming back to stay." i had to do that at the hilton last year...not paying 20 bucks twice in a day.
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#4 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

You can park where the truckers leave their trailers.
http://maps.google.c...d4499c15acc513d
I remember parking here years ago so I don't know 100% if it's still free.
It's kinda far though (at the end of Balmoral Ave.)
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#5 User is offline   bondkira 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3218

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

Thanks guys for your information!
I gotta do some plannings here...

Thanks again!!

#6 User is offline   aprilxeternal 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59472

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

If you don't mind walking there's motel 6, they have free parking, about a mile from the hyatt. And of course the cta is closer.

#7 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

View Postaprilxeternal, on 22 April 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

If you don't mind walking there's motel 6, they have free parking, about a mile from the hyatt. And of course the cta is closer.

Just a heads up, I'm not sure how well motel 6 would take if for free parking for those not staying with them.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#8 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

View Postkenkendazo, on 22 April 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

Just a heads up, I'm not sure how well motel 6 would take if for free parking for those not staying with them.

When we stayed in one in Michigan, they took our car license plate numbers so it wouldn't be ticketed as a non-guest using their lot. Dunno if the one out here does the same, though.

The least painful in Rosemont --quite right there is no free there-- would be the CTA lot, but note they don't allow overnights or over 12 hrs of parking (risk of ticket and being towed). If you want free for a short time, you could chance your luck with McDonald's or Giordano's about a half mile up the road, but that's entirely your own risk (odds 99:1 that they won't appreciate non-customers taking up in their lot). In Rosemont you basically just have to bite the bullet in one lot or the other, really.
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#9 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

View Postchainedbyroses, on 23 April 2012 - 05:01 AM, said:

The least painful in Rosemont --quite right there is no free there-- would be the CTA lot, but note they don't allow overnights or over 12 hrs of parking (risk of ticket and being towed).

I would suggest checking the CTA's site first. They give rates for 24 hours, and as long as you keep the meter fed there should be no problems. Looks like you can even feed those meters over your phone now.
http://www.transitch.../parking/#daily

The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#10 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostSmokey, on 23 April 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

I would suggest checking the CTA's site first. They give rates for 24 hours, and as long as you keep the meter fed there should be no problems. Looks like you can even feed those meters over your phone now.
http://www.transitch.../parking/#daily

Ah, that was just off what the sign in the lot said when I last parked there, like later 2011 I think. They have staff/the meter maid checking the lot so many hours, and had it noted that cars left for over 12 hours are considered abandoned and will be towed (prevent people from paying larger numbers of days so they can avoid O'Hare parking fees - city knows how ppl think lol). Now, should you go move your car every 12 hours or so, then yeah, that would be okay, technically, since each time you move it/your ticket expires, you'd be getting a new spot, ticket and "lease" on parking.
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users