Anime Central Forums: What do you plan on buying at ACEN this year? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What do you plan on buying at ACEN this year? Or what do you usually tend to buy at conventions? I'm curious

#31 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Primary objective is buying another under bust corset with a front busk. After that, we shall see. *__* ALL OF THE THINGS.

#32 User is offline   Steam_Loli216 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59481

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

I have an addiction to plushies. I have Link, Totoro, Catbus, Black Mokona... and that's it :(
If I were at Acen this year, I would be plushie queen :)
User is stationed in Southern California

It's a girl! Skylar Marie, born February 8th, 2013 :) Proud mama and wife and sailor

~~Dream Cosplays: -- Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa) -- Dr. Jezebel Disraeli (Godchild) -- Seth Nightroad and Lady Asran (Trinity Blood) -- Lettuce (Tokyo Mew Mew) -- Misha (Pita Ten) -- Starfire (Teen Titans)~~

#33 User is offline   Star-cloud 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61808

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Inuyasha stuff :heart:

kanon figures

My friend is looking for Clannad or Sailor Moon stuff

I am also looking for manga that catches mye eye and I hope to get dramacon vol. 3! (cant find it anywhere online >_>) and anime hats are always awesome(kirara hat because I lost mine when I moved :(
Inuyasha: [Inuyasha pulls Kagome into a hug] I was afraid. I thought I was going to lose you. I was terrified.

#34 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Figures that pass my critical eye muster. Not many do. I find I really best to see the actual figure "in hand" to judge. So many look pretty good in ads etc (where they are often prototypes), but are uninspiring when you actually see the final product.

Got nabbed by the two Anarchy Panty & Stocking figures at Kollision, as well as the small 3-piece sets of P&S w/Chuck, and Scanty & Kneesocks w/Fastener. The Anarchy figures did have a few rough spots on them though.

Like to find a GOOD Sailor Saturn and a GOOD Sailor Pluto figure. And I'm always hot for Sailor Mars. There are others on my list but I'm running out of room. Thinking of buying another, larger, house... (get them priorities right!)
:highfive:
This space intentionally left blank.

#35 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Other than a tophat, if I find something nice I might just buy it. I've never bought anything from the dealer's room. Last year I did come across something I really wanted but I was broke. I regret it.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#36 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

Some t-shirts and something for my mother.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#37 User is offline   rrtycoon2 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57262

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Ah, let's see...always been a bit of a cheapskate to be honest, so I never plan on purchasing things, although I do bring money just in case (I was really tempted to bid on some of that perler art last year, but realized I had no place to put it...disappointing, really). That said, if I were to see something GitS related that really caught my eye, or possibly some "build it yourself" model that I felt could occupy my down time adequately, I'd possibly buy it.

Of course, you never really know what you want to buy until you see it in front of you, mentally shout "dear god, I MUST HAVE THIS", and promptly dump the contents of your wallet on the dealer's table.
"Just because I'm older than you, heavier than you, and have less hair on my head than you doesn't mean I'm some cranky old guy who thinks he knows more about life than you (even if I actually do)"
"I'm like an elephant: big, bald, and easily scared away by things that come near me"

#38 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

View Postrrtycoon2, on 25 April 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Ah, let's see...always been a bit of a cheapskate to be honest, so I never plan on purchasing things, although I do bring money just in case (I was really tempted to bid on some of that perler art last year, but realized I had no place to put it...disappointing, really). That said, if I were to see something GitS related that really caught my eye, or possibly some "build it yourself" model that I felt could occupy my down time adequately, I'd possibly buy it.

Of course, you never really know what you want to buy until you see it in front of you, mentally shout "dear god, I MUST HAVE THIS", and promptly dump the contents of your wallet on the dealer's table.

Same. I know vendors raise the price so high that I never buy anything from them at all when I know I can get it online for less. The only time I will buy something is if its rare and I cant find it online. Me being a gunpla builder, Ill be looking for some rare kits.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#39 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Just bought a tri-force scarf, Applejack scarf, creeper scarf (lots of scarves!), and baterangs. More to come.....
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#40 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Definitely got myself this sweet t-shirt B)
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#41 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Bought a wall scroll of Soul Eater, I couldn't find a berserk wall scroll for the life of me. Vendors are you listening, Berserk is about to get mainstream again with the new movies!! I bought an acen tshirt and polo shirt.

#42 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Honestly didn't see much I wanted this year. Got my copy of gunbuster that I was looking for, but I wasn't willing to spend $35 a disk for gunbuster 2. Nobody had Ceres. I got a wall scroll for my mom and then some prints and a cell. Other than that... most of my money was spent on food.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#43 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

https://www.facebook...&type=3

Applejack, Triforce, and Creeper scarves
EMT pocket knife
5 Batterangs
Megaman knit skully
Original Gundam Wing animation cell w/ original sketches
Sandrock custom (Endless Waltz)
Crossbone Gundam
Derpy Hooves plushy

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 29 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#44 User is offline   Mecha Rainbow 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62002

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

I wasn't sure where else to look but here it goes....>.>...anyone here see a print for like 20 bucks with "what does it mean" on it with like the nyan cat, rainbow dash, and rainicorn on it?..by the time i found it i was out of money and i know a friend who'd love it...x_x i know there was a ton of art work out but i was wondering if someone knew if the artist who did it maybe had a website or something?.....
"Daru is like the universe...constantly expanding"

http://www.facebook.com/M3chaRainbow

#45 User is offline   Monica Rial #1 Fan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61911

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Well, i didn't get what I initially intended, but I bought a crapload of wall scrolls, and a Witchblade figure that I got Jamie Marchi to sign, sweet. ^_^

#46 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

I didn't get to buy squat except for some Kenshin. Kinda bleh on the overall selection from the dealer side.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users