Anime Central Forums: Need Two (2) Roomies for Hyatt Regency - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Need Two (2) Roomies for Hyatt Regency Friday Night - Sunday Morning

#1 User is offline   genkipseudo 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61856

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

After having my previous arrangement fall through, I decided to take matters into my own hands and secure a room of my own. Fortunately I was able to from one of the members on this forum. (Thanks, Silentsword!)

I currently have a room available from 3:00 PM Friday (probably checking in early after I get my badge in the morning) until 12:00 PM Sunday afternoon. So far it is only my friend and I going (first ACEN for both of us) and we would like to grant the opportunity for two others to join us.

1) Me
2) Taken
3) Taken
4) You?

The cost for the room for the duration of the weekend would be $100 United States Dollars per person, so $50 a night; not too shabby for the premier hotel at the convention, considering that it's basically filled up and connected via skywalk (no walking in the cold, yay). That would just be for the hotel, that does not include anything else. You will get to sleep on the bed for at least one night, but be prepared to sleep on the floor the alternate night; don't worry I'll hook you up with the pillows.

As I stated in my previous thread, I'd like people I can get along with (preferrably guys). Not a requirement; it just makes everything much easier. I don't plan to go to sleep until the early hours of the morning (think 3 am), so you should be okay with that. Also, there's going to be drinks and most likely other people that will come and hang out in the room, so you should be okay with meeting random strangers, after all, that's what we're here to do, right?

Good luck to all potential room mates, and hope you enjoy the con!

This post has been edited by genkipseudo: 24 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

#2 User is offline   djjetti 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62013

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

View Postgenkipseudo, on 19 April 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

After having my previous arrangement fall through, I decided to take matters into my own hands and secure a room of my own. Fortunately I was able to from one of the members on this forum. (Thanks, Silentsword!)

I currently have a room available from 3:00 PM Friday until 12:00 PM Sunday afternoon. So far it is only my friend and I going (first ACEN for both of us) and we would like to grant the opportunity for two others to join us.

1) Me
2) Friend of me
3) You?
4) You?

The cost for the room for the duration of the weekend would be $110 United States Dollars per person, so $55 a night; not too shabby for the premier hotel at the convention, considering that it's basically filled up and connected via skywalk (no walking in the cold, yay). That would just be for the hotel, that does not include anything else; I'm not going to feed you, I'm not your cooking mama, wouldn't know what you would want to eat anyways. You will get to sleep on the bed for at least one night, but be prepared to sleep on the floor the alternate night; don't worry I'll hook you up with the pillows.

As I stated in my previous thread, I'd like people I can get along with (preferrably guys). Not a requirement; it just makes everything much easier. I don't plan to go to sleep until the early hours of the morning (think 3 am), so you should be okay with that. Also, there's going to be drinks and most likely other people that will come and hang out in the room, so you should be okay with meeting random strangers, after all, that's all we are, right?

Applicants may post in this thread as I will be watching it. The more detailed it is, I will probably consider you over others. Just try to convince me that I should choose you over others ;)

Good luck to all potential room mates, and hope you enjoy the con!

Hey their! i am in need of a room. I am 20 years old (male). I'm very clean, hygienic, and I'm easy to get along with :). i wouldn't be bringing too may things so i won't take up too much space.
i have no problem with the sleeping schedule, so thats all good. Im a really chill, and down to earth dude, but i know how to have fun ;). if theres anything else you would like to know please let me know!
i hope to hear from you! thank you

#3 User is offline   CloudBunny 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61948

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hello! I'm currently helping a friend of mine find a room for one night which would be Saturday if that is totally fine. Here will be his qualifications and if you need any other information you are more than happy to reply and/or send me a PM here (it'll be the fastest as I constantly check every hour on my phone)

His name is Julian, this will be his second year cosplaying (Japan from Hetalia), he's 19yrs old and from Chicago. The reason we want him to get a room is the whole save the trip from the city and commuting every night to save money. It'll be his first time staying in a hotel so close to ACen so hopefully he'll be able to find one. He'll definitely won't take a huge amount of space, if anything, he just needs a bed or someplace to sleep for one night and a shower; he'll only bring one bag which is a small one, and there's nothing in there except a spare change of clothes and food to supply for himself.

He's a really cool person, he's really nice and gets along with everyone he meets. A huge gamer too. So talking to him will be a delicious chat, he loves to have fun and be a little bit goofy to liven up the conversation. And yes, he's clean, (to the point he files his own nails and he looks so purdy~ *_*) In honesty, he loves to meet new people and what better place than ACen right?

Anywho, some more facts about him; college student, gamer, delicious pooh bear- I mean, he's very friendly (though I'm sure I have already mentioned that.)And he also a a big fan of anime/manga, who isn't when they go here?
For payment: he's the type to give you the cash as you give him the room key, so no problems there.
And the only reason it's for Saturday night is because he has class in the morning from 9am to 12, so it might be easier to come by around the after noon. So if it's totally okay with you, he can even come by Friday after 12 (as I'm sure people are checking in later as well) and give you the money by then. But yus, discussion on meetings can happen later if you need more details and if you accept him.

In a nut shell: he just needs a place to sleep and shower for one night which is mainly Saturday, and Sunday morning he'll get up and grab his things, return the key to you and get out of your hair (and maybe stalk you for an email/phone number/facebook if you wanna be friends.)

If you do need him to stay for all the nights you're staying please go ahead and mention and there can be a discussion as well.

Thanks~ hopefully you'll consider him!

Edit: Forgot to mention, he's totally fine with you bringing others in to the room, but he will not do it himself (after all, it's your room and your policies) , and no, he won't be drinking, but he's totally fine with hanging out with the strangers who come by.

This post has been edited by CloudBunny: 19 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

#4 User is offline   genkipseudo 

• Pip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

djjetti: sent you a PM

Cloudbunny: I would take him in, but I need someone who can stay both nights because then I'd be out $50 =\

Edit: Lowered the price from $110 to $100, canceled the Executive Wing room; didn't like reviews I read about it. Yay for slightly cheaper things.

This post has been edited by genkipseudo: 20 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

#5 User is offline   CloudBunny 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61948

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

I asked him, and he doesn't mind staying both nights; (Friday and Saturday?) Saturday morning he said he will be leaving early to get to class if that's okay (he'll quietly leave in the morning while everyone is asleep) and then coming back for the con in the afternoon.

This post has been edited by CloudBunny: 20 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

#6 User is offline   genkipseudo 

• Pip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Bump. I believe I have one person staying so far. We shall see.

#7 User is offline   Akabari 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59986

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Dunno if you're still looking for someone BUT!
I'm a 22 year old guy who really doesn't give a crap about most things, hahah. If my stuff isn't stolen, then I don't care. I don't sleep much at ACEN at all, so don't worry. And ACEN SHOULD be a party, right? So meeting strangers is what I'm all about, especially considering I'm coming alone. I have class till 2:30 Friday, and it takes me...an hour or so? To get to Rosemont, so the 3PM thing works pretty perfect. So! I'm a pretty cool guy who should be considered.

#8 User is offline   genkipseudo 

• Pip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

My friend decided that it would be too expensive to go - so I still have one additional spot remaining in this room.

If you're interested, post in this thread to keep it bumped. Thanks :)

This post has been edited by genkipseudo: 24 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

#9 User is offline   genkipseudo 

• Pip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

bump.

#10 User is offline   surnamecoolfire 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62042

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hello This is my request for a room at acen so I will introduce mystlf and let you know a little bit about myself. My first name is Steven and I currently live in the mountain state of West Virginia. I was born and breed in the same great state. I am a male 24 years old. I got into anime after my Japanese friend and mentor suggested when she was teaching me Japanese. To be honest at the time I had no particular interest in it. After I started watching some I began liking it more and more. Now I thankful for her suggestion however since then my friend moved and she has moved on. I am proud of her though although I do miss her sometimes. This convention will be my first in while. I do not plan to party or drink nor do I mind if you do. Frankly what you do is your own business. I also do not mind others as long as if I request privacy allow me to be alone. I just need to a place to lay my head down and a hot shower. That is all I really need. I will not keep you up nor will I bother you. I do ask for privacy when I sleep. The only time I will be in the room is to maybe rest. I am not sure of what is going on at the convention however I might stay out all night and sleep during the day when your away or I may sleep when you sleep. I am not messy I wont be bringing anything with me only a duffle bag or backpack with a couple changes of clotheS. The dufffle bag depends upon if I can find the darn thing. At little bit more about myself is that I am a solo person but I do like to socialize sometimes. I play magic even everyone beats me. I have started a business along with help ran a business. I like to help others and to be one who volunteers. I am currently a bioptic driver seeking to get my liscence. My vision is less then perfect so I have to have a special pair of glasses to drive. If you would like to know any other details I have no problem in answering them.
sign here.

#11 User is offline   genkipseudo 

• Pip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Welp, looks like we're going to end up with 3 people staying in this room. No biggie.

Nevertheless, I will still be checking this thread throughout the con to see if anyone needs a place to stay last minute, so don't hesitate to contact me if you're still looking - you never know if you don't try.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users