• This topic is locked

Props on the CTA? Question about Props on the CTA

#1 User is offline   Aznsp3c 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 18804

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

I am going as Shizuo this year, and my friend is going as Celty. Can I bring my sign (think a stop sign) prop and Celty's helmet on the CTA? I need an answer asap please and thank you >_<;;
Hi there :3

#2 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostAznsp3c, on 17 April 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

I am going as Shizuo this year, and my friend is going as Celty. Can I bring my sign (think a stop sign) prop and Celty's helmet on the CTA? I need an answer asap please and thank you >_<;;

That's something you should ask the CTA about. http://www.transitchicago.com/
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#3 User is offline   emii 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60389

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

Personally I don't think it's a problem. If people can bring bikes, carts, guitar cases etc I don't see the issue.
For the helmet, as long as your friend isn't wearing it, and the stop sign, you should probably just make a cover for it so people don't think you're directing them lol.
The worst that can happen is they'll ask you what it is, and if you tell them its a prop I don't think they'll care.
(Half the time there aren't even people by the kiosks on the train, and the train directors rarely get out of their seat.)
But as always, if you have a big prop try to wait for a less crowded train/bus and be weary of it so you don't hit people...

#4 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Props and weird accessories are allowed on public transportation in the city of Chicago/CTA. Over the years of traveling lines back and forth every day for school, I've seen how many impromptu art gatherings, flash mobs (the art kind, not the brutal-attacker kind), protests, costumes, and people just with odd things on them for no apparent reasons. CTA staff (if even seen; they are a fairly rare sight) may ask what you're dressed up / carrying props for, but are generally interested to hear about a generalized costume gathering/convention going on, and will usually wish you a good and safe weekend. This city sees weird stuff every day; there are worse things out there than people in hats and costumes.~

The only things not allowed on Chicago public transit are panhandling, weapons (duh) and things that are illegal already anyways (drugs, guns, dead bodies, etc). TBH, if you behave and act like mature civilized people, nobody will give a pigeon poop what props you've got (again, as long as no weapons/guns, but that's just common sense). If your costume calls for a prop non-real weapon (example, Legend of Zelda's Link's Master Sword, or FF7 Vincent Valentine's gun, etc), be smart and keep it put away, in a case/covered, or TL;DR maturely and responsibly handled and not being waved around like an idiot who wants to be tackled by security. It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyways: as a genreal rule for behaving on public transportation, just be mature, polite, respectful, and well-mannered, and you're fine.

If you have very particular concerns, Smokey is right -- contact the CTA directly.
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#5 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Not meaning to double post/"bump" -- this is just important info to add: direct link to what the CTA itself has listed as not allowed, and advised against.

To quote from the page, if the link doesn't work on your browser/device:

Policies
Prohibited activities
Per CTA Ordinance #006-75 identifies activities that are not allowed on property owned, operated or maintained by the CTA:

• Littering
  • Smoking
  • Gambling
  • Peddling
  • Soliciting
  • Spitting
  • Graffiti
  • Trespassing
  • Possessing a weapon (except pepper spray)
  • Using or consuming drugs or alcohol
  • Playing radios or using other devices that make sound others may hear
  • Tampering with equipment
  • Indecent exposure or sexual conduct
  • Drunken, disorderly or disruptive conduct
  • Obstructing stairs, corridors, platforms, stations or otherwise hindering access to public areas

Additionally, please do not:

• Obstruct or hinder access to any public area
  • Eat or drink any food or beverage on board buses or trains (it is OK in stations, but be sure to dispose of trash properly)
  • Cross between train cars under any circumstances, unless directed to do so during an emergency
  • Post bills or distribute materials in the paid area of transit stations or on CTA vehicles
  • Perform music or other entertainment unless you have a valid permit and identification under the governing CTA ordinance and you do so within a designated performance area
  • Offer, accept or otherwise exchange farecards (such as giving someone else a card with a remaining, active transfer)
  • Violating any of these prohibitions may be subject to arrest or immediate removal from CTA property, fines, community service, court supervision and/or an order for restitution.

More information
For full details regarding prohibited activities, see the complete ordinance.

Note: Additional rules not listed in this ordinance may be established by CTA or the Chicago Transit Board and enforced by CTA employees and local police. Please follow instructions given by CTA or law enforcement personnel. Non-compliance may also result in removal from CTA property or arrest.

Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users