• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Allll by myself...

#1 User is offline   sravi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61915

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hi! I'm relatively new to Chicago and I really want to go to ACCEN, but I'd feel awkward showing up alone. I was wondering if anyone needed a laid back convention buddy? I'm 25, a girl, and the only conventions I've been to are Comic Con, a Supernatural con, Fan Expo Toronto and a random scifi con in Vancouver. I've been a fan of all things anime ever since I discovered Naruto and Death Note and I have huge love for yaoi (I spend way too much on BL manga). Anyway, if there are any other girl/s around who wouldn't mind me tagging along with them, it would make my day :) I'll be driving up there too, if anyone needs a ride from the city :highfive:

#2 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

View Postsravi, on 14 April 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Hi! I'm relatively new to Chicago and I really want to go to ACCEN, but I'd feel awkward showing up alone. I was wondering if anyone needed a laid back convention buddy? I'm 25, a girl, and the only conventions I've been to are Comic Con, a Supernatural con, Fan Expo Toronto and a random scifi con in Vancouver. I've been a fan of all things anime ever since I discovered Naruto and Death Note and I have huge love for yaoi (I spend way too much on BL manga). Anyway, if there are any other girl/s around who wouldn't mind me tagging along with them, it would make my day :) I'll be driving up there too, if anyone needs a ride from the city :highfive:

You should hit both the forum meet n greet and the late nite meet n greet. You should be able to find someone at any of those.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#3 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

I'm going alone too, and have all 3 years I've been going. I have friends who will be there now, but I knew nobody except who I know from the forums. You'll make friends fairly easily, I wouldn't worry =)
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#4 User is offline   MatsuriHino 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61859

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Welcome to the forums and message sent.

#5 User is offline   Phantasmagoria 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17773

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Hey you're more than welcome to hang out with me and my female friend! :) I love meeting new peoples.
ACEN 2012
Facebook: http://www.facebook....alexandriaburns

FRIDAY: Chii (Chobits) SATURDAY: Yuna (Final Fantasy X) SATURDAY NIGHT: TripleSix (Soap Bubble)

#6 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

welcome to the forums, everyone at acen is nice.

#7 User is offline   Lica~chan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61944

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hey, welcome :) You're more than welcome to hang with me :)I'm going with my roommate but she and I differ a little bit in our con love and so we'll probably spend most of the con by ourselves. We're not from the chicago area but like I said, you can totally hang with me. I'll be my first time going to Acen as well, so let's be newbs together :P lol
~May the Shadows watch you while you sleep~

#8 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

You'll meet plenty of people, especially if you actively go to meet-ups, photo-shoots, cosplay, attend room parties, or hang out in the game rooms.Same as any other convention.You'll have fun. :)

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#9 User is offline   StarFaerie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62049

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi sravi! I'm also new to Chicago and a girl too. I was going to go alone and hoping to make
friends, but if you want to hang out for awhile, that would be awesome! I'll send you a message.

#10 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61704

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

Welcome to the forums <3

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users