Anime Central Forums: Thursday Convention Center Lines - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Thursday Convention Center Lines What to do when lining up to get your badge.

#1 User is offline   Mika 

• IRT DH
  • Pip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 19522

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hello All!
I know a lot of you folks will be coming out on Thursday to pick up your ACen Badges.
I want to let you know how the Thursday Lines will be working at the Convention Center for badge pickup.

There will be 2 lines at the beginning of lining up.
Line 1: Will Call Badges
At the main doors to the convention center, there will be a line going toward the North (along the sidewalk towards the Hyatt, highway, etc.) If you are picking up a badge from Will Call, you will line up here until 3:30 pm.

Line 2: At Con Badge Purchase
At the main doors to the convention center, there will be a line going toward the South (along the sidewalk towards the Double Tree Hotel) If you have not bought a badge yet and are going to be purchasing a badge at the convention, this is the line you will be in.
You will also be in this line if you are picking up a Will Call badge after 4 pm.

This will only be happening on Thursday. All days following this the line will form to the South.
If you already have a badge and just need to pick up a Program Book and Lanyard, there will be staffers available throughout the lines passing these out.
Once inside the hall there will be signs directing you to which line you should be in.

Thank you in advance for all your help to make the Badges Lines run smoothly! :)
Mika
IRT Mid Shift Supervisor '08
IRT ADH '09
IRT DH '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15

#2 User is offline   Rurounotaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9477

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

I'm confused. Will there be only 1 line for both at-con reg and will-call pickup starting at 4pm? Registration is due to open at 4pm, so what's the point of having 2 lines (1 going North for will-con, 1 going South for at-con) before 4pm if the reg door doesn't open until 4pm. It wouldn't be fair for those who prereged to wait in the same line as those who didn't prereged. Maybe I'm missing something. Please clarify on how the lines are going to be. Thank you.

This post has been edited by Rurounotaku: 23 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

#3 User is offline   Heathery 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60106

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PostMika, on 13 April 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

If you already have a badge and just need to pick up a Program Book and Lanyard, there will be staffers available throughout the lines passing these out.
Once inside the hall there will be signs directing you to which line you should be in.

Thank you in advance for all your help to make the Badges Lines run smoothly! :)

MUSIC to my ears! So glad I pre-registered. Does that mean we can walk right into the con as soon as we have our badge on a lanyard? I'm so excited not to have to wait in line Thursday, it was an exercise in extreme patience and endurance last year. Good luck everyone registering at con!

#4 User is offline   magicalgamer 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59317

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

at con ...You will also be in this line if you are picking up a Will Call badge after 4 pm.

...make the Badges Lines run smoothly! :)

How can this make a line run smoothly. Having at-con purchased people in the same line as will-call people.

Someone who has made a purchase and is picking up their badge should not be penalized by waiting in the same line as those who need to pay. Say there are hypothetically 1000 people ahead of me in line that need to purchase a badge and I am the first in that line who has a will-call pick-up. Why am I waiting for those 1000 to go into the registration hall before a will-call pick up gets to go in.

By having this policy, what you are going to have is the will-call pick up stations empty and begging for people to show up all because the will-call people are stuck in a line with the peeps that need to pay. It is only worse for the will-call person that arrives Friday morning to get their badge.

#5 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

View Postmagicalgamer, on 24 April 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

By having this policy, what you are going to have is the will-call pick up stations empty and begging for people to show up all because the will-call people are stuck in a line with the peeps that need to pay. It is only worse for the will-call person that arrives Friday morning to get their badge.

Except once they merge to one line there likely won't be separate Will Call and At Con stations One line type, one station type. So it should move pretty smoothly still.
All systems... GO!

#6 User is offline   glenburg89 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17536

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hey guys, quick question:
How early do people usually start lining up before Thursday registration opens?
Thanks.
Anime Central Attendee (2008-Current)

"ACen is a three day filler arc where your inner child shines and allows you to pursue your true self ."

#7 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

You know, we see people camping out there all day... even though reg doesn't open until 4.... :blink:

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#8 User is offline   glenburg89 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17536

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Lol, I gotcha.
Thanks for the heads up!
Anime Central Attendee (2008-Current)

"ACen is a three day filler arc where your inner child shines and allows you to pursue your true self ."

#9 User is offline   sithmuffin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19203

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

I have a kind of dumb question but it goes with thursday and lines...
I bought my friend a badge. Now, what do we need to pick up the badge? The e-mail? Does she need her ID? Do I need to bring the card I used to buy her the badge?
ACen 2014 cosplays:
Espeon (updated)
Harley Quinn (hopefully updated)

#10 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

She needs her ID

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#11 User is offline   Renzu 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60176

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Let me get this straight... There will be a special will-call line that will merge into the main line of doom at 3:30 at a presumably preferred position...? Badges will not be distributed until 4? Therefore is it a good idea for will-call pickup to arrive at 3:00? At what time does badge distribution end? Is it a good idea to arrive later instead?

This post has been edited by Renzu: 25 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

#12 User is offline   jtastic 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 62108

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostRenzu, on 25 April 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Let me get this straight... There will be a special will-call line that will merge into the main line of doom at 3:30 at a presumably preferred position. Badges will not be distributed until 4. Therefore is it a good idea for will-call pickup to arrive at 3:00? At what time does badge distribution end? Is it a good idea to arrive later instead?

I was thinking of doing that. I didn't pre-register and my friends did so I was thinking I may show up half an hour later when the lines die down a bit.
This will end up on the news...

#13 User is offline   Rurounotaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9477

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostRenzu, on 25 April 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Let me get this straight... There will be a special will-call line that will merge into the main line of doom at 3:30 at a presumably preferred position...? Badges will not be distributed until 4? Therefore is it a good idea for will-call pickup to arrive at 3:00? At what time does badge distribution end? Is it a good idea to arrive later instead?

I've asked this question too here at post 2. Magicalgamer asked the same too. There wasnt a clear answer on why the 2 lines are merged into 1 before reg opens at 4. Then what's the point of having 2 lines!?

Reg dept is not answering questions on here now that they're gearing for this weekend. Maybe someone on IRT would know. Hope everything works out relatively well when I get there. I plan to get in line and get my will call badge a few hours after 4. The line should decrease much by then.

#14 User is offline   paladin_vince 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 54527

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hello All!
I know a lot of you folks will be coming out on Thursday to pick up your ACen Badges.
I want to let you know how the Thursday Lines will be working at the Convention Center for badge pickup.

There will be 2 lines at the beginning of lining up.
Line 1: Will Call Badges
At the main doors to the convention center, there will be a line going toward the North (along the sidewalk towards the Hyatt, highway, etc.) If you are picking up a badge from Will Call, you will line up here until 3:30 pm.

Line 2: At Con Badge Purchase
At the main doors to the convention center, there will be a line going toward the South (along the sidewalk towards the Double Tree Hotel) If you have not bought a badge yet and are going to be purchasing a badge at the convention, this is the line you will be in.
You will also be in this line if you are picking up a Will Call badge after 4 pm.

This will only be happening on Thursday. All days following this the line will form to the South.

So what time do the lines open then on Friday?

#15 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Registration opens at 8 am Friday, not sure how early they will start lining up. Wear warm stuff though, since I believe they will be starting the lines outside, at least initially.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users