Anime Central Forums: Singing meetup/flashmob? Details inside! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Singing meetup/flashmob? Details inside!

#1 User is offline   Igloo 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61907

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Me and a friend of mine were talking about arranging a singing flashmob somewhere outside at ACEN. It could be any time on Saturday, or Friday evening. Whenever is best for everyone else.

The plan was, we would all meet up and sing a popular anime song (in English, of course). I'll bring the CD, and possibly a small portable CD player. Unless someone else has a CD player that they want to bring, you're welcome to.

As for the song, it could be anything. We were thinking the Pokemon theme song would be good since almost everyone knows it.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Does this sound interesting? Would you want to do that song? Or a different one? What time would be best to do it? I'll be here to discuss it with anyone who is interested.

Edit: It would be the full version of the Pokemon theme, since the TV-size version is pretty short and would be over fast.

This post has been edited by Igloo: 15 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

#2 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

The Gathering Zone may wind up being this thread's ultimate destination.

The path:
Anime Central Forums > On-Topic Forums > The Meeting Room > Gathering Zone

This post has been edited by rondo: 10 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

#3 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

That sounds about right to me :) moving!
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2015: Doctor Leonard McCoy, Agent Jemma Simmons, either Gambit or Shadowcat
ACen 2015: GoGo Tomago, Doctor Leonard McCoy, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#4 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

And where you you plan to have this?
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#5 User is offline   Igloo 

• Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 10 April 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

And where you you plan to have this?

We planned on having it somewhere outside. However, I've only been to ACEN once and it was two years ago, so I don't remember parts of it well. I was going to see if anyone else knew a good place outside to have this event.

Also, is it possible for me to change the title of my post? This thread was originally going to be a question about where to post info for the event, but since I requested it to be moved, is there a way I can change the title to something relating to the event? If I can't, could you please change it to "Singing meetup/flashmob? Details inside!"?

This post has been edited by Igloo: 10 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

#6 User is offline   cidwind42 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61749

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostIgloo, on 10 April 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Me and a friend of mine were talking about arranging a singing flashmob somewhere outside at ACEN. It could be any time on Saturday, or Friday evening. Whenever is best for everyone else.

The plan was, we would all meet up and sing a popular anime song (in English, of course). I'll bring the CD, and possibly a small portable CD player. Unless someone else has a CD player that they want to bring, you're welcome to.

As for the song, it could be anything. My friend and I were talking about possibly doing either "Binks' Sake" from One Piece or "2b A Master" from Pokemon. Or heck, we could even do the main Pokemon theme, although I'm sure a lot of people have done that. But if you really want to, we could.

Bink's Sake is technically only in Japanese, but there are various English versions that people have made on Youtube. So we could just sing the English version with the instrumental version of the song. Although, if you guys don't want to do that song, we can do the Pokemon one, or something entirely different. Binks' Sake is just a simple, fun pirate song that's easy to sing. However, everyone knows Pokemon. So either one could work.

You can look up "Binks' Sake" on Youtube to hear the Japanese version, as well as various English fandubs. If we decide to sing this, I'll post the English lyrics on here that we would use. Also, because of how simple the song is, and how little background music there is, it can even be sung without any music playing (if we had to do it that way, but I'm just letting you know.)

Anyway, what do you guys think? Does this sound interesting? Would you want to do either song? Or a different one? What time would be best to do it? I'll be here to discuss it with anyone who is interested.

hmm..both of those sound good, but lets stick to things most people in which most people know the lyrics...
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

#7 User is offline   Igloo 

• Pip

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

View Postcidwind42, on 14 April 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

hmm..both of those sound good, but lets stick to things most people in which most people know the lyrics...

I'm sure pretty much everyone knows the lyrics to the main Pokemon theme. How about that?

#8 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

I am totally game for this. I love music, especially singing! (yay for 11 years in a choir, 1.5 years voice, 4 years piano and 6 months violin XD) And actually, if you want to look for people, just look for really long lines people have been waiting in forever. I remember standing in line for Anime Hell one year and I got everyone singing "This is the Song that Never Ends" and I also recall someone starting "Bohemian Rhapsody" Many laughs were had.

#9 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59597

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

That would be great. XD I remember once there was someone with boom box playing Never Gonna Give You Up. It was great, people were following and singing. I second the idea of a long line though, I know first hand how boring it can be to just wait and a little song would liven things up. Just make sure you aren't breaking any codes with large groups in the hallways. Maybe the part of the line that's outside.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Yukiko [Persona 4]
TBA

>>> My Tumblr

#10 User is offline   Igloo 

• Pip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Glad to know some people are interested! Do either of you have a recommendation for a line to start this in? I'm really not sure at all. I have only been to Acen once, and it was two years ago. I didn't do a whole lot either, so I really don't know my way around. It will be my friend's first time going, too. So we have no idea where a good place would be. Any ideas?

#11 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59597

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

People get bored waiting for the rave, and the line goes way, wayyy outside. I'm not sure if you have to ask permission from staff for this, ACen has become so complicated with all the new rules now. You have to stay on the sidewalk all the time. As often as you can at least.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Yukiko [Persona 4]
TBA

>>> My Tumblr

#12 User is offline   Igloo 

• Pip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostRed Juliet, on 15 April 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

People get bored waiting for the rave, and the line goes way, wayyy outside. I'm not sure if you have to ask permission from staff for this, ACen has become so complicated with all the new rules now. You have to stay on the sidewalk all the time. As often as you can at least.

Do you know any other lines besides the rave? We're going to be waiting in that line and we probably won't want to carry a portable CD player. I mean, we could set up a song for the rave line, too. That would be great. Although, it would be a silent one with no music. So yeah, we can do both. But for the one with a portable CD player, we'd rather do something else. And preferably in the day time, although either way is alright.

#13 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Pretty much anything going on in Main Programming will have a long line XD. Anime Hell is usually a good one although for some reason this year I didn't see it in Programming? o_O
For the past 6 years I didn't do much panel wise. Usually AH, Whose Line is it Anime and a few smaller things lol. I usually kept to wandering about, getting pictures and merch XD

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users