• This topic is locked

Hyatt Parking fee still need confirmation on pricing

#1 User is offline   Oyuki 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58998

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

On ACen.org > Anime Central > Hotel Information, it states that parking will be $17 a day with exit privileges. I realize that this was posted in February and I'm not sure if it needs to be updated because I found this on the Hyatt Regency O'Hare's website via Guest Services.

Parking
Hyatt Regency O'Hare offers several parking options for our guests:

Valet Parking Cost:
Daily: $30.00
Overnight guests of the hotel: $32.00

Self-Parking Cost:
0–10 Hours: $20.00
10-24 Hours: $27.00
Overnight guests of the hotel: $22.00

*First 30 minutes are complimentary with validation

Restaurant dining parking: First two hours - complimentary. Validation provided by restaurant, prior to departure.

2011: C.C.
2012: Moka Akashiya / (Bunny)Sebastian Michaelis
2013: ??? / White Rabbit Sebastian / Nurse Akali / Cosmo?

ermahgerd ferceberk

#2 User is offline   goofy4u273 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6657

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

was looking into that, b/c the parking garage is (was) 16 i think last year...

if its just a dollar difference ill stay at the hyatt..

me
(\_/)
(^.^) This is Bunny. Add Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination.

#3 User is offline   vipstancecom 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61858

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

For those of you that want to save money, there are alternatives. I know Aloft down the street has parking for much less and I heard there are places to park for $5 but it's a bit of a walk. I would even call (I believe it was doubletree or maybe Marriot) directly across the street to see how much they are charging.

#4 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

If I recall, the hyatt's side of the parking area cost 20+ unless acen has a parking rate too.

This post has been edited by rondo: 09 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

#5 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Smartest thing to do no matter what is budget for the highest amount you find and bring cash. Hyatt for one wants cash when you drive in right up front (at least they did last time). If it's less, well you got some extra cash (to spend in Exhibit Hall/Artist Alley of course...)
:thumbup:

The sign at the Hyatt entrance does indeed say $22/day for overnight guests. Remember looking this last Saturday. Don't remember the other prices but the ones quoted above sound right.

And there is always the possibility the cheaper spots will fill up fast so you may get stuck parking in a higher priced lot. Plan for it.
This space intentionally left blank.

#6 User is offline   CurseOfTheLeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29781

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

I believe that $22/night is for non-con guests. Last year they asked if we were there for ACen, and then if we were attendees or staff. It definitely didn't cost $22/night. I'm thinking it was either $16 or $17, which still isn't any kind of bargain. I can't really justify parking anywhere else, however. I stay at the Hyatt and usually have to make a few trips to get all my cosplay to my room.
Still, I'm also curious to know what the "confirmed" parking rate for this year is, if one exists.
I will be was an absolutely enchanting totally ordinary Persona 4 protagonist gas station attendant.

#7 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Last year, it was $20+ for us. Then again, prices may vary depending if you want in/out privs. We did.

#8 User is offline   CurseOfTheLeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29781

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

View Postrondo, on 09 April 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Last year, it was $20+ for us. Then again, prices may vary depending if you want in/out privs. We did.

Ah, good call. We didn't need any in/out privileges.
I will be was an absolutely enchanting totally ordinary Persona 4 protagonist gas station attendant.

#9 User is offline   Oyuki 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

I hear calling a cab is recommended anyway when getting food that's further than comfortable walking distance. I also heard there was some kind of a round trip deal that can be purchased.

ermahgerd ferceberk

#10 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I plan on using the CTA lot. It's $5 for 12-14 hours and the walk isn't terrible. I'd much rather pay $20 for 4 days (I'm also driving back and forth from my house so I won't be there for more than 14 hours) than roughly $80 for the whole weekend.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#11 User is offline   goofy4u273 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostLina, on 09 April 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

I plan on using the CTA lot. It's $5 for 12-14 hours and the walk isn't terrible. I'd much rather pay $20 for 4 days (I'm also driving back and forth from my house so I won't be there for more than 14 hours) than roughly $80 for the whole weekend.

can i park my car at your place :)...

guess we will just have to wate and see what the price is, or

if someone from staff can look into this for us...

me
(\_/)

#12 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostLina, on 09 April 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

But don't you have to go back to it every 12-14 hours to pay on it? If that's the case it's totally not worth the hassle for me.

I'm lazy and it's a vacation; I'll pay $20 or whatever at the Hyatt for the sheer convenience.
All systems... GO!

#13 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 10 April 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

But don't you have to go back to it every 12-14 hours to pay on it? If that's the case it's totally not worth the hassle for me.

I'm lazy and it's a vacation; I'll pay $20 or whatever at the Hyatt for the sheer convenience.

No you don't have to go back every 12-14 hours. They give you options. I just always pay the $5 because I never leave my car for over 14 hours for whatever I do when I use the blue line. It's $12 for 24 hours so you just go back every 24 hours. I'd much rather walk back every 24 hours and pay less than pay more and just pay up front or after the con is over. You can have a friend do it for you if you are that lazy.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#14 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

im pretty sure it's 17, unless they changed it. I saw 17 on the site a bit ago.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#15 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 10 April 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

im pretty sure it's 17, unless they changed it. I saw 17 on the site a bit ago.

They paid you to say that.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#16 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Last year was like $14~15 at the Double Tree because there were no parking spots left at the Hyatt. I can't remember exactly the price, I just know it was cheaper than the Hyatt, actually. And it was done through a machine so I didn't even have a chance to tell them, one way or another, if I was part of ACEN. I also just checked the Double Tree's parking, and they're saying it's up to $20 for self parking. This is getting slightly ridiculous o_o; I remember going to ACEN in 2007 and I think parking (@ the Double Tree)was only like $9? I know for sure it was $12 in '09 or '10.

#17 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Sadly parking is expensive in Rosemont. It's been that way for years.

I messaged our hotel guru and asked him to check what the rate will be so hopefully we will have an official answer on this for y'all soon!!
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2015: Doctor Leonard McCoy, Agent Jemma Simmons, either Gambit or Shadowcat
ACen 2015: GoGo Tomago, Doctor Leonard McCoy, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#18 User is offline   goofy4u273 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostKnitChick, on 10 April 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

I messaged our hotel guru and asked him to check what the rate will be so hopefully we will have an official answer on this for y'all soon!!

thanx

me
(\_/)

#19 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostKnitChick, on 10 April 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Thank you for getting in contact with people to check! Sometimes it's a lot easier for those in charge to get straight answers rather than us trying to call the places ourselves. Staff of hotel sometimes just don't understand the questions XD.

....I'm just hoping we actually GET parking at the Hyatt this year. xD You think leaving at 8AM Friday morning from south side of Milwaukee (So we'll probably get there about 10) will be a good time for us to actually have parking there? XD Otherwise we might just have to park at the Double Tree again.... :| Not excited about the thought of having to haul our cosplay stuff from the DT to the Hyatt again haha.

#20 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostSeikoMiwarui, on 10 April 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Thank you for getting in contact with people to check! Sometimes it's a lot easier for those in charge to get straight answers rather than us trying to call the places ourselves. Staff of hotel sometimes just don't understand the questions XD.

....I'm just hoping we actually GET parking at the Hyatt this year. xD You think leaving at 8AM Friday morning from south side of Milwaukee (So we'll probably get there about 10) will be a good time for us to actually have parking there? XD Otherwise we might just have to park at the Double Tree again.... :| Not excited about the thought of having to haul our cosplay stuff from the DT to the Hyatt again haha.

I'd say it's iffy. The Hyatt garage normally fills by Friday noonish from what I've seen. That's why I'm showing up Thursday.
All systems... GO!

#21 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 10 April 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

I'd say it's iffy. The Hyatt garage normally fills by Friday noonish from what I've seen. That's why I'm showing up Thursday.

Unfortunately we can't afford the hotel for Thursday night too, so people from our group that live in Green Bay are driving down to Milwaukee Thursday where we'll be sleeping at someone's house, and then leave from there. XD I get to lead because I have the GPS and I've been going to ACEN for the 6th time this year......not excited about the last part to actually GET to the Hyatt. Exit to a different hwy, go straight, exit back onto the hwy you were just on previously - so you can go north, then exit to eventually get to the convention center.

But I digress >_>; -likes to ramble on and on-

#22 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

I just hope the parking is a few bucks less than what the site is quoting. I know 15~18 is still a lot per day for parking, but it's better than the $22 that's being quoted. x_x. I remember that generally there is a con parking rate if you're staying at the Hyatt (not sure about the other hotels because I've only stayed at the Hilton once and I can't remember off the top of my head what parking was there), but it typically isn't the full rate they charge. I haven't really thought about using the CTA parking lot, but that's because there's a full van of us going and we like to have in/out privileges for food runs late at night. Keeping tuned for an official announcement from the con staff :D
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#23 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostSeikoMiwarui, on 10 April 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Unfortunately we can't afford the hotel for Thursday night too, so people from our group that live in Green Bay are driving down to Milwaukee Thursday where we'll be sleeping at someone's house, and then leave from there. XD I get to lead because I have the GPS and I've been going to ACEN for the 6th time this year......not excited about the last part to actually GET to the Hyatt. Exit to a different hwy, go straight, exit back onto the hwy you were just on previously - so you can go north, then exit to eventually get to the convention center.

But I digress >_>; -likes to ramble on and on-

I know this thread is about parking, but I'll comment on driving. I have tested my Garmin GPS on my trips to the Hyatt (coming in from the North) and it will take you on that curlycue route, but it gets you there. 94/294, off at O'Hare exit, then second exit to Mannheim Rd, over bridge, back on to road you just exited (but going the other way), exit River Rd South, you're there. Watch out for those "Exit Only" lanes.
:wacko:
This space intentionally left blank.

#24 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

View Postobakasan, on 10 April 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

I know this thread is about parking, but I'll comment on driving. I have tested my Garmin GPS on my trips to the Hyatt (coming in from the North) and it will take you on that curlycue route, but it gets you there. 94/294, off at O'Hare exit, then second exit to Mannheim Rd, over bridge, back on to road you just exited (but going the other way), exit River Rd South, you're there. Watch out for those "Exit Only" lanes.
:wacko:

Oh, I've used my GPS already once before! XD The first 4 years I went, I wasn't the driver (my friend was the first year, then the other three was my brother) but last year was the year I drove my bf and his sister down with me. That was definitely fun! What was even more fun was because we had the back so stuffed of items, I couldn't see so I had to have them rapidly tell me when I could change lanes. Luckily this year wont be as packed. I hope...

#25 User is offline   goofy4u273 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostSeikoMiwarui, on 10 April 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

What was even more fun was because we had the back so stuffed of items, I couldn't see so I had to have them rapidly tell me when I could change lanes. Luckily this year wont be as packed. I hope...

OT: i call that a fun year...

me
(\_/)

#26 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

I remember that first year going to Rosemont. Had some initial issues finding the place but now, I can probably get there blindfolded.

#27 User is offline   Defyplums 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61052

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 10 April 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

This is good to know. My partner and I are showing up Thursday in the afternoon. Willing to pay the parking at the Hyatt so my little roller skate can rest for a few days until we head back up to Northern Michigan :)
"If epic failures were Olympic events, I'd be on the Wheaties box."

#28 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

Well I don't have the money to stay an extra night so that's why we're leaving Friday lol.

Also, I don't know if that Hotel guru guy called, but I just called the Hyatt because I didn't want to wait >_>; (...The lady was kinda 'meh' customer service wise as well ~__~). Unless I asked about this wrong, the answer I got was it's $22 a night so if you stay 2 nights (like Friday and Saturday) it'll be $44 total for the weekend.
I think the reason the ACEN website had $17 was because that is what the parking was last year and they just forgot to change it to reflect new prices. I think the same thing happened last year where they had the previous year prices up but, of course it being Chicago area, prices are going up. Every year ~__~

#29 User is offline   Oyuki 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

Yeah, Peggy from parking answered the phone when I called and she said the same thing.
She also tried to sell me some early check-in. Nice try, Peggy.

ermahgerd ferceberk

#30 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Parking was 16 last year. Lol

Also lol at Peggy story
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users