Anime Central Forums: Magic and Yugioh Pre-releases - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Magic and Yugioh Pre-releases Will the newest packs be there?

#1 User is offline   VoicesOfChaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8996

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Both the Magic and Yugioh pr-releases are on the same weekend of ACen this year and I really didn't want to miss ether. I know 2 years ago at C2E2 I played in a Magic pre-release. I was wondering if there would be sealed tournaments with the newest packs for each game? Along with the pre-release promo?
Cosplays
Hidan (Naruto), Jio Freed (666 Satan), Geno (Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars), Kurtis (Disgaea), Chrona (Soul Eater), Gokudera (Katekyo Hitman Reborn), Roy (Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi), Dark Signer Jack Atlas (Yugioh 5D's), Billy Coen (Resident Evil Zero), Kiriha Aonuma (Digimon Xross Wars 7 Death Generals), Ryoga "Shark" Kamishiro (Yugioh Zexal).

Cosplay.com Gallery
Facebook
YouTube

#2 User is offline   stocky2010 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61901

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

I would also like to know if there will be new packs for magic since I would love to be able to explore the new set with so many other people.

#3 User is offline   Eneishi 

• TTG Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 61339

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

There will be.

#4 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

I'm skipping ACen for most of Saturday and all of Sunday for the pre-release sealed tourneys at two stores my boyfriend and I go to. We are super stoked for the pre-release and will gladly skip ACen for 'em. lol Avacyn Restored comes out two days after my birthday so my boyfriend is getting me a box as a birthday present. :D
ACen '12 Cosplays
Fluttershy [MLP: FiM] [90%], Rarity [MLP: FiM] [95%]
'12 Cons: C2E2, ACen, Midwestria [Staff], JemCon, YoumaCon [Video Programming Staff]
Acen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#5 User is offline   Eneishi 

• TTG Staff
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

There will be a sanctioned pre release at TTG during Acen.

#6 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostEneishi, on 10 April 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

There will be a sanctioned pre release at TTG during Acen.

That's cool n' all, but we enjoy going to the store we go to for FNM and pre-release tourneys. Depending on the time, we may go just for convenience, but we will probably not be attending the ACen one. Do you know what time it will be at because that will be the deciding factor.
ACen '12 Cosplays
'12 Cons: C2E2, ACen, Midwestria [Staff], JemCon, YoumaCon [Video Programming Staff]

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#7 User is offline   Eneishi 

• TTG Staff
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

It will be Saturday.

#8 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostEneishi, on 10 April 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

It will be Saturday.

-facepalm- That's not what I was asking. I didn't ask what day. I asked what time. What time of day is it going to be at?
ACen '12 Cosplays

#9 User is offline   Eneishi 

• TTG Staff
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Then maybe you should specify.

Even if you did, that's all I can say.

#10 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostEneishi, on 10 April 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Then maybe you should specify.

Even if you did, that's all I can say.

I assumed TIME would be specific enough. Since time would be referring to time of day. Not the actual day. :rolleyes:

So we won't know 'til the day of the convention? Why is it some mystery? Game stores already have the TIME OF DAY that they are doing the tourneys. Why is ACen keeping it such a big secret? This alone is more than enough of a reason to not do this at ACen. I'll gladly take my business elsewhere. :) Good luck with your tourney.

ACen '12 Cosplays

#11 User is offline   Eneishi 

• TTG Staff
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

lol it's not a secret you silly girl.

Info was kind of hard to get for a while.

You're paranoid.

#12 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hi guys, no need for fight picking. I'm not sure the times of the pre-releases have been set as of yet. The Gaming Crew is finishing up their schedules, and we hope to have them for release shortly. The schedule is not a secret, its just not done with editing right now.
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#13 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostPurplegodess, on 10 April 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hi guys, no need for fight picking. I'm not sure the times of the pre-releases have been set as of yet. The Gaming Crew is finishing up their schedules, and we hope to have them for release shortly. The schedule is not a secret, its just not done with editing right now.

At least someone isn't being rude and calling me names for wanting to know some important information. I don't understand how I'm being silly or paranoid. Thank you for being kind. Hopefully it's sooner than the day of the convention.
ACen '12 Cosplays

#14 User is offline   DioxideIL 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 27908

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

lol, I love Eneishi. I will be there. I am pumped to begin playing the game in a pre-release scenario. It doesn't get much better.
Decided not to bring a signature book due to lack of interest.

---Chibi Chaser---

#15 User is offline   lordblumiere 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61831

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

So....how do we prereg for this sort of event if it is happening? Every time i check the warhorn site it still says "under construction" any ETA on when that will be up?

#16 User is offline   VoicesOfChaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8996

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

So Magic pre-release sounds confirmed. But I didn't hear much conformation for Yugioh?

Also my friend told me a while back that the con will have a pre-release tournament but no promo card. He didn't sound too sure though. Will the sanctioned Magic tournament indeed have Moonsilver Spear? Also if Galactic Overloard is at ACen will have the Noble Knight Artorigus?
Cosplays
Hidan (Naruto), Jio Freed (666 Satan), Geno (Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars), Kurtis (Disgaea), Chrona (Soul Eater), Gokudera (Katekyo Hitman Reborn), Roy (Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi), Dark Signer Jack Atlas (Yugioh 5D's), Billy Coen (Resident Evil Zero), Kiriha Aonuma (Digimon Xross Wars 7 Death Generals), Ryoga "Shark" Kamishiro (Yugioh Zexal).

Cosplay.com Gallery
Facebook
YouTube

#17 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

edit: As a staff member, you should care about all visitors/customers. You should never, under any situation, tell them that no one cares about them.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#18 User is offline   DioxideIL 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

With all due respect, I don't think it was intended to say that no one cares about them. In my view, it was more of a no one cares if you come to this tournament or go to the other. Eneishi has been incredibly helpful and kind to me, and I think this was just a misinterpretation of his intended statement.

---Chibi Chaser---

#19 User is offline   Angel of Death 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5455

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

The way I read it was that no one cares if that person comes to the con at all.

This has been the problem that most people have been complaining about acen for years. If someone has a legitimate complaint or question, instead of listening and attempting to help resolve an issue or answer a question they brush it off with. "no one cares" or "you're paranoid" or a multitude of other responses I have heard or read over the years. Even though the statements may have been sarcastic or otherwise, this is text. No emotion is conveyed through text except how the person reads it. Nor should sarcasm ever be used when answering questions to your potential patrons. It is one of the easiest ways to loose customers/attendees.

And to go off what Voices of Chaos has asked about promo cards and/or other prizes. If they are not available, and to a greater effect, if it is not known until the event that they may or may not have them, I will not attend. I have a tight schedule, at the con and outside the con. And as great as playing at the con is, if I don't have the same opportunities at the con that all the other magic players get outside the con it becomes an easy choice of where to go.

Oh and before it sounds like I'm another who complains about everything person, I'm not. I thank all the staff of the convention that do hard work and put in a lot of effort for everyone's behalf. Thank you for your efforts in organizing everything.
'09 Cosplays
Justin - Soul Eater (planning)
Walter - Hellsing - 100% (retiring?)
Death the Kid - Soul Eater - 100% (2 versions see my cosplay profile)
Keiichi Morisato - Ah! My Goddess - 100%

My Cosplay Profile

#20 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9773

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostVoicesOfChaos, on 15 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

So Magic pre-release sounds confirmed. But I didn't hear much conformation for Yugioh?

Also my friend told me a while back that the con will have a pre-release tournament but no promo card. He didn't sound too sure though. Will the sanctioned Magic tournament indeed have Moonsilver Spear? Also if Galactic Overloard is at ACen will have the Noble Knight Artorigus?

I want to know this info as well, ACen is in a little less than 2 weeks and we have very little info right now. A Sneak Peek at ACen would be a first, Ive been going the last 6 years and they never had one, they didnt have one when LOTD came out which was the same weekend some years back, so I doubt it.
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

#21 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Just want to say I'm on Lina/Angel of Death's side. She did't ask a rude question and certainly didn't spam. She simply asked what time the event would be happening at, and instead of a simple "We don't have that information yet", which I'm sure she would have accepted and would have ended the conversation nicely, she got a rude remark in return.

Seriously, manners these days. People have none.

And on a more fun note, glad to see this happening! It should be pretty interesting to see, but try and make sure you've got enough space/cards or try to limit the amount of people allowed to attend. I'm sure this will get a lot of hype.
ACen 2014 Tentative Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#22 User is offline   Sai077 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57152

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Do we have any note on an actual set time yet (besides "Saturday")? >_> It's two weeks away and some of us like to plan our weekend.

This post has been edited by Sai077: 17 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

#23 User is offline   DioxideIL 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

I think I might avoid the MTG area after all of the drama that's been going on. I want to spend my weekend having a great time, and I don't think that can happen with people arguing.

---Chibi Chaser---

#24 User is offline   Angel of Death 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostSajomir, on 17 April 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

They'd give us more info on the schedule if they had it. I'd love to know the Guest Panel details so I knew what's going on at the same time as the MTG stuff, but it's just not there yet. Spamming with rude questions and facepalms won't help.

My problem is that if they don't know if they are getting the helvault or promo cards yet it is very likely not going to happen. Wizards of the coast has to be notified of events to be able to give prize support. And seeing as this is now less then 2 weeks away Wizards may not have been notified in time. I am also sure wizards has only a certain amount of helvaults to give so places that asked for them over a month ago would have prefrence. I have been to a lot of comic/card shops over the past month trying to build a legacy deck and all of them have advertising up for the prerelease with the helvault. So if things for acen were done to get the helvault, they should know by now. And if they are getting one, why not advertise it to increase partisipation. The helvault opens when certain requirements are meet. So the more participating, the more likely the vault fully opens.
'09 Cosplays

My Cosplay Profile

#25 User is offline   xness151x 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17309

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Whatever happens, I'm still down for late night magic/drunk magic.

#26 User is offline   Angel of Death 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

Agreed, whatever the case may be with the events, I am still looking forward to playing with everyone.
'09 Cosplays

My Cosplay Profile

#27 User is offline   xness151x 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17309

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostAngel of Death, on 18 April 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Agreed, whatever the case may be with the events, I am still looking forward to playing with everyone.

Hit me up if you ever want to play!

#28 User is offline   Sai077 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57152

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Still no specific time? It's a week a way for goodness sake. This is almost embarrassing.

#29 User is offline   Eneishi 

• TTG Staff
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Just visit the TTG area during the con.

#30 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Since we have to wait 'til the con to find out any kind of information, which is really sad, then I'm out.
ACen '12 Cosplays

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users