• You cannot reply to this topic

Staying in character? Just curious what you guys think

#1 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Do any of you plan on staying in character for your cosplays? Do you like it when people do or only to a point? Any funny/crazy/weird stories of people being in character?
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#2 User is offline   Fimbulvinter 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58831

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

I think its totally fine for someone to be in character...only to a certain point.

I've met some cosplayers who have taken the personality too far :/

For example, I was at a small convention in St. Charles and this Prussia cosplayer goes and lifts up this random girl's dress. She looked so flustered, the poor thing :(
!*~ACen 2015 Cosplays~*!

Kirishima Ayato- Tokyo Ghoul
Luvoratorrrrry! Kagamine Rin- Vocaloid
Nishinoya Yuu- Haikyuu!!
Foxfire Ahri- League of Legends

#3 User is offline   everlasting-daydreamer 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61883

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

I usually start in character then break and introduce myself. It seems to have been working well so far.

#4 User is offline   Darkspawn 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61343

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostFimbulvinter, on 08 April 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

I think its totally fine for someone to be in character...only to a certain point.

I've met some cosplayers who have taken the personality too far :/

For example, I was at a small convention in St. Charles and this Prussia cosplayer goes and lifts up this random girl's dress. She looked so flustered, the poor thing :(

That's sexual harassment, and quite frankly had I been that girl the cops would have gotten a call. Absolutely ridiculous. What's scary is a lot of these people aren't using the character as an excuse to do this type of thing - they actually think it's OKAY.

I think a lot of people take this sort of roleplaying too far. Like that Pikachu girl people have mentioned here before - the one in a kigurumi who spent, like, the whole convention screeching "Pikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. PikaCHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU." EVERY. TIME. I. SAW. HER.

Sometimes roleplaying can create really awkward situations. I once tried to ask a guy where a room was located, and he refused to break character and wouldn't just give me a simple answer, even though I think he knew. Just don't take it too far or annoy those around you.
"Men's hearts hold shadows darker than any tainted creature."

#5 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Usually for my Hiei costume I stay in character until someone asks me a question. As for my Deku Link costume nobody can hear me speak anyway, basically, so I just stay quiet and mime, haha.

But if somebody tries to lift my skirt or touches me in a way that makes me uncomfortable and then tries to claim it's their character they're getting reported. Period.

I have a huge fear for my Deku head as it is. At Kollision con I had some guy come up and just THWAP me on the head and it HURT. You should NOT be touching my cosplay unless I give you permission (which when it comes to the Deku head won't be given), and you certainly shouldn't be HITTING it.

This post has been edited by Grimmons: 08 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei

#6 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostFimbulvinter, on 08 April 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

That happened at acen too a few years back and I even posted about it before. I wonder if it's the same girl :/ My friend had her skirt lifted up and the Prussia made a snide remark to her. It literally ruined her whole convention weekend.
Did this happen recently, Fimbulvinter? If it did, it's ridiculous that she's still doing this.

Back on topic.... Stay in character but only to a certain point. Be practical about it. If someone is asking for directions, don't answer them in character because they may not know who you are and get annoyed. If someone is asking for your picture and they seem to know your character, you can talk to them IC.

Just use common sense :>
ACen 2015 cosplay;
[Thursday]Paras Chiyo - Gekkan Shoujo
[Friday] Diane - Nanatsu no Taizai
[Saturday] idk possibly Agnes Oblige
[Sunday/Night Time] idk
------------------------------------
I make gams
I love Donald Duck. I am Donald Duck.

#7 User is offline   OtakuAngelD 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59232

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

It depends on the character, I'd think. When I'm in my Steampunk Persona, then yes. However, other anime characters, there is a limit. Let's say I'm cosplaying Farfarello from WeiB Kreuz. Farfie is a psychopath/sociopathic KILLER who feels no pain. If I was to stay in character with him...it would be very very distructive to myself and other con goers. Besides, I'm NOT the character I cosplay.
2015 Cosplay
Mondo Oowada - DanganRonpa
Tsukishima Kei - Haikyuu
Atobe Keigo - Prince of Tennis
Mankanshoku Mako - Kill la Kill if it gets done on time

#8 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostOtakuAngelD, on 08 April 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

It depends on the character, I'd think. When I'm in my Steampunk Persona, then yes. However, other anime characters, there is a limit. Let's say I'm cosplaying Farfarello from WeiB Kreuz. Farfie is a psychopath/sociopathic KILLER who feels no pain. If I was to stay in character with him...it would be very very distructive to myself and other con goers. Besides, I'm NOT the character I cosplay.

...Are you me? Weiss Kreuz is my favorite anime.
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei

#9 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostDarkspawn, on 08 April 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

That's sexual harassment, and quite frankly had I been that girl the cops would have gotten a call. Absolutely ridiculous. What's scary is a lot of these people aren't using the character as an excuse to do this type of thing - they actually think it's OKAY.

I think a lot of people take this sort of roleplaying too far. Like that Pikachu girl people have mentioned here before - the one in a kigurumi who spent, like, the whole convention screeching "Pikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. PikaCHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU." EVERY. TIME. I. SAW. HER.

Sometimes roleplaying can create really awkward situations. I once tried to ask a guy where a room was located, and he refused to break character and wouldn't just give me a simple answer, even though I think he knew. Just don't take it too far or annoy those around you.

Oh yeah..... i saw her last year . O__O
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#10 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

I try to do it here and there but typically, I end up having conversations with people and just stop thinking about it. When posing for photos, I am in character also if I happen to be on-stage for a cosplay contest. Like in this one, I'm the newsboy Ciel and I tried to act like Ciel but that also gave me limited poses.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#11 User is offline   Iris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3989

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

It can be really fun to see people acting in character. I've always enjoyed the lurking Hamburglar and the Snake that hangs out in the convention center lobby/has his own box.

But it most definately can go too far. Your character play should not cross over the lines of common curteousy and decency.

I for one have never really done too much 'in character' play while at Acen (just basically posing), and that probably won't change this year as Lara Croft and Rainbow Dash. HOWEVER... if I do go as Tsukiumi (Sekirei) next year I might give it a try for once. I just love her speech pattern. XD

#12 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

This year, since I'm going as Maya Kitajima, I'd love to be able to stay in character as much as possible. Mainly because Maya is an actress and it'd be fun to perform a little excerpt here and there from one of her performances if someone wants to hear it. Of course, if someone wanted to ask me a question or generally wanted to chat, I'd be polite, listen, and answer to the best of my ability.

I agree with Iris and how taking a character too far can cross that line of being courteous and being rude.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#13 User is offline   Mullenkamp 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 495

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Limits, that's the key.

If your character is obnoxious in character, don't be in character unless asked to be in character, and only to the person who asked.
If your character is rude in character, don't be in character unless asked to be in character, and only to the person who asked.
If your character is loud in character, don't be in character unless you're outside.
Etc. etc. Walk like your character, carry yourself like your character, talk in the style of your character if you want... but don't use it as an excuse to act offensively.

Now, posing in character for photos? Absolutely. All the time. But if your character would pose in a questionable way (or if you just think they would - fanservice, for instance), make sure you have permission from any other involved cosplayers and that the photographer wants that kind of picture before you start groping people or shoving your tongue down their throat. Odds are, there are SOME other in-character poses you can do that wouldn't annoy or offend people, unless you're cosplaying from a hentai show/game.

And if someone is talking to you as a cosplayer, rather than a character (asking "How did you make your automail?" as opposed to calling you short), respond as a cosplayer, not a character.

I will admit that as long as no one crosses lines, interacting in character can be hilarious. Once a friend and I were Naruto and Sasuke at Otakon, and suddenly this Miroku cosplayer ran up and was like "Naruto! Sasuke! Will you do me the honor of bearing my children?" No touching, no grabbing, just an in-character question. "Naruto" looked stunned for a second, then smiled really big and was like "Well... sure! :D" So Miroku turned to me, asking if Sasuke would also bear his children. "Sasuke" crossed his arms, rolled his eyes, and sighed loudly in annoyance. We all laughed, and took a pic together. XD

#14 User is offline   Red Juliet 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59597

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Haha, that happened to me and my friend last ACen. I was Grell and she was Ciel but I don't think Miroku knew that the characters were both guys. I responded as Grell would,
for a handsome guy like you~" but my Ciel was like "...We're both guys." It was actually a lot of fun. Acting in character depends on the situation. I wouldn't touch a Sebastian or William without asking them first. People can get easily offended or freaked out so always ask before doing something extreme and just use common sense. If someone is getting annoyed, don't push it and as it's been said, be helpful if someone asks you a question.
ACen 2013:
Castiel [Supernatural]
Abaddon [Supernatural]
Amy Pond [Doctor Who]

>>> My Tumblr

#15 User is offline   Ash Anesthetic 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61882

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

I agree to the limits thing. If you're going to end up making someone feel extremely uncomfortable or upset, don't do it. I know my friend had been verbally bashed by a cosplayer because that's something that their character normally does. My friend was so upset. This is a form of being unacceptable.

For me personally, I never really do abnoxious characters for a cosplay anyway. So that's not an issue. So when people ask for a picture, I always smile, giggle, and say in my Hani voice some form of yes, and that almost always makes people squeal. They tell me that I'm the perfect Hani cosplayer [not trying to sound conceited at all ^-^;; just what I've been told] because not only do I look like him, but they adore my voice and how I act. And if they continue to talk to me as Hani, then I'll reply back to them in my Hani voice and mannerisms. It's just more fun that way! I mean, one of the things about cosplay is that people get to see their favorite characters walking around. You want to see the actual character, not just what they look like, right? I've been told that I've made people's days from doing this, and that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, as well as proud to be a cosplayer in general. <33

And I do the same as all my other characters. I haven't cosplayed as Chii out in public yet, but when I am her, I plan on using her voice and innocence. I'd much rather become the character and interract that way instead of just looking cool.

Anyways! That doesn't mean that I'm never myself, either. If I'm with friends, I'll talk to them normally [usually]. If people ask me what my voice is in real life, I'll show them and we can continue the conversation as such. Like when I met a group of kpop fans like myself a couple weeks ago at Detour, you better believe I wasn't fangirling about people like SHINee in my Hani voice. x3 But that would be kinda funny.
Proud NYAH productions member.
Our Youtube
2013 List:
Hani [OHSHC], Fionna [AT], Chii [Chobits]

Goal: ACHEIVED AS OF ACen 2012! GOT A PIGGYBACK RIDE FROM TRAVIS WILLINGHAM AS HANI! <33 AND CAN ALSO ADD THE HUG AND KISS FROM VIC ON THE LIST!

#16 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

I think one thing about being in character that can backfire is if someone isn't expecting you to be different from the character you're cosplaying. I usually think of it like how the disney actors do it. Play the role for a while, and then try to be me, when I'm not in character I usually try to take off parts of the cosplay to pretty much say to anyone, "I'm taking a break." At least I hope they get I'm taking a break.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#17 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

I'd actually given this some thought recently, especially since this year my cosplays will be a little more theatrical.

Now anyone who watches Bleach knows Byakuya Kuchiki can be sullen and uppity, but I also know doing this all day would be downright rude (like if a desperate Ichigo asked where the bathroom was and I let them wet their hakama right on the spot). Likewise, just because I'm going to be Alan Gabriel doesn't mean I'll cackle maniacally and chase down every R. Dorothy/Roger Smith I see. Some things require common sense, and/or need to be saved for the photoshoots.

(As for Yumi, I at least NEED to pretend like I know how the play the guitar. In fact, she's probably the most normal out of my three cosplays. :lol:)

On the other hand, sometimes I think it's even more fun to act OUT of character (again, within reasonable and legal limits). Back to Byakuya, my best friend is accompanying me as Rukia, and though she's committed herself to calling me 'Nii-sama', I may be an overtly loving 'big brother', or share a laugh with an Ichigo (heck, laugh, PERIOD). And I can't grin for hours at a time like Alan Gabriel can; my cheeks would hurt. >_>

You also asked for stories, so I shall share one of mine: last year, dressed as Link from Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, I ran into a Byrne cosplayer. Now she could have attacked me or something like that, but instead she yelped out of joy and gave me a big hug. XD
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#18 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

It's always fun to see people stay in character to an extent.Especially when striking poses and such.
However, it can get annoying depending on the character. A lot of anime characters have personalities that don't transfer well to reality.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#19 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostKii, on 10 April 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

It's always fun to see people stay in character to an extent.Especially when striking poses and such.
However, it can get annoying depending on the character. A lot of anime characters have personalities that don't transfer well to reality.

THIS
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#20 User is offline   Phantasmagoria 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17773

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

When Im around friends at a con, I act as myself around them. As soon as a person wants a picture, or if I happen to be by myself for an hour or two, I stay in character pretty well.
ACEN 2012
Facebook: http://www.facebook....alexandriaburns

FRIDAY: Chii (Chobits) SATURDAY: Yuna (Final Fantasy X) SATURDAY NIGHT: TripleSix (Soap Bubble)

#21 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I was having a conversation with someone last year and they were in character the entire time. It bothered me to the point I actually felt embarrassed to be around them so I walked away. I didn't show this though.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#22 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Here's an odd question, if say a booth, like Funimation or Sentai, or other dubing company or non dubbing company had a person there dressed in character and acting in character all the time, would people be annoyed with this person?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#23 User is offline   Mullenkamp 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

...Depends on the character. In-character Naruto, for example, is inherently annoying to me. In-character Spike Spiegel or something, not so much.

Come to think of it, a lot depends on whether the character in question is a kid or an adult. What can I say, I prefer maturity.

#24 User is online   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

I generally don't stay in character. Then again, I'm usually gijinka and there isn't technically an "in character" for them xD (And I refuse to be like that annoying Pika girl mentioned earlier -_- She came into a FullMetal Alchemist photoshoot one year, screaming Pika Pika, etc. And whenever anyone asked her anything, "pika" like she didn't know English...) But even when I'm an actual character, I'm rarely in character. I get in character for pictures, and I try to stay in character throughout photoshoots, even though my character obviously isn't in every picture/scene. But being in character is just a hassle the majority of the time. I don't walk around a con thinking "What would my character do/say in this situation?" But if you're going to try and stay in character, more power to you. I don't care whether people stay in character or not, unless they do it to the point where it's just plain rude or obnoxious.

Dark Spellmaster - Interesting question. I think if I knew they were promoted their booth, they wouldn't bother me at all. In fact, I'd probably think, "Wow, they're getting paid to cosplay. Wish that was me!" xD
ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 30%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 60%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 20%

Moved to 2016: Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#25 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Some people like it, but I find it obnoxious. Case and point, weird pikachu girl.

Usually I will refuse to talk to you unless you're willing to talk to me out of character
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#26 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

I tend to just enjoy myself and not act like the character too much. (if i did as sasuke id seem like a jerk lol)

this year if i did act like it i would end up being REALLY REALLY REALLY!!! quiet lol. my character is a silent protagonist after all lol. ill just enjoy myself but if anyone wants me to strike up a pose or yell Persona like my character (been practicing lol) then by all means just ask :)

and yes being IC is ok to an extent, when you know people need assistance or info then cmon be reasonable. and its no excuse to be a perv. whether your female or male.

#27 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

I was never good at being "in character" as far as answering questions and holding a conversation are concerned, though I do attempt to pose properly for photos (note: attempt ^_^;; ). There has been the rare occasion where someone has come up to me and clearly wants me to act in character (a Winry asked to see my watch when I was Ed, and usually at least one person mentions how they're surprised I made it to the con if I'm dressed as Ryoga, for example), so I will try to do so under those circumstances, but I was never good at improv, so I'm sure it comes out sounding pretty lame most of the time, lol.

I usually find it amusing if someone is in character, but as pretty much everyone else has said, only to a point. I find it fun if I know the character (yes, even if the character is a jerk) and it doesn't go on for too long or at least not while asking a serious question or the like, but someone who never breaks character can get annoying pretty fast.

#28 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Here's how I see it: I like to get in character. If I can impersonate the character I'll do it, if not I won't. I'll say lines, perform actions (to an extent), , etc. I do know when to stop when it gets annoying. And then of course you need to take a break even if you're in costume or people ask you to do something.

Bottom line: It's good if you got it down, but it's not necessary. Don't overdo it though. Also if someone complains that "you didn't do this" or "you did this wrong", well forget them (I'm using the Cee Lo Green radio edit version but you get it I'm sure.)

This post has been edited by STVO: 13 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#29 User is offline   Mullenkamp 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostGwydion, on 13 April 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

There has been the rare occasion where someone has come up to me and clearly wants me to act in character (a Winry asked to see my watch when I was Ed, and usually at least one person mentions how they're surprised I made it to the con if I'm dressed as Ryoga, for example),

Hahah, I said something along those lines to a Ryoga at Youmacon last year, and I'm not sure if he was being in character or genuinely had no idea what I was talking about. XD

#30 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

I tend to agree with you all. There is a limit on how far people should go & me being shy, keeps me to being in character mostly while posing for photos. A real downer last year, was that while I'm no drop dead gorgeous person, my cosplay involved wearing things that almost looked like under ware on the out side of my costume. Some one dressed as Master Roshi ran up & took a picture of my lower region & ran away. While that me be funny knowing the character. He did not ask first or even apologize. I would have laughed if he had pretended, though I'd still have been mad. Plus he really did take a picture, than ran like a coward. That ruined most of my day & made me not want to cosplay the rest of the con. :(
Currently writing a book.

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users