Anime Central Forums: Chibi Charms Keychains! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Chibi Charms Keychains! How's the display look?

#1 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Posted Image

I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have this done! Went with a pegboard (had to add cardboard to the back as it was a tad thin) to display them all. I have 90 different charms with over 100 actual chibis/animal chibis available. They are sorted by series in horizontal rows -- none of them except the animals go onto multiple rows so it's nice and easy to find one. Plus, I like the fact that it looks "full" so you have to take a minute to browse -- you might find something you weren't even looking for!

If you see one you're interested in, please let me know! I only have 1 or 2 copies of some of them so I want to make sure I have one you might like! Also, some of my chibis haven't been made into keychains, but if you see one you like on my list I'm happy to make it for you :)

You can see a full listing of all my chibis here at my DeviantArt account.

Have a wonderful Easter everyone!

This post has been edited by IcyPanther: 08 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

I will (hopefully) be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#2 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Eh....they are cute. I wonder if it may help for organization if you add a number or some code, (row vs column, A-A, B-A, etc) if you didn't want to display your full stock at once.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#3 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

View Postkenkendazo, on 08 April 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Eh....they are cute. I wonder if it may help for organization if you add a number or some code, (row vs column, A-A, B-A, etc) if you didn't want to display your full stock at once.

That's actually just one of each design -- I'll have all the rest sorted in buckets behind the table. My original goal was to get a jewelry tree to hang them, but could never find one i liked. They're all sorted by their series in a row (and none, except the animals, go onto a second row) so hopefully everyone can find the one they want :D I may go back and do it by alphabetical order, but that's just me and my minor case of OCD =p

#4 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

I would be very careful with that. There has been a lot of thefts, so I would put that in a glass/plastic case maybe because people could easily snag one if you aren't watching all of the time. People like to touch things and point at items so it could look like they would be interested in buying one, but if there is a crowd of people, they are likely to snatch it. I'm just saying that you should be careful with an open peg board. :)

I do think you should have at least some sort of organization. Maybe by series, alphabetical?

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#5 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostVoxx, on 08 April 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

I would be very careful with that. There has been a lot of thefts, so I would put that in a glass/plastic case maybe because people could easily snag one if you aren't watching all of the time. People like to touch things and point at items so it could look like they would be interested in buying one, but if there is a crowd of people, they are likely to snatch it. I'm just saying that you should be careful with an open peg board. :)

I do think you should have at least some sort of organization. Maybe by series, alphabetical?

Oh, I hadn't thought of stealing... I tend to always just think of the best in people. Naive, perhaps, but oh well. I'll probably keep it pretty close then to me. I have found though, from trying to move them myself, they don't just pop off since i have two rings around the peg. So if someone did try and steal, I could probably tackle them across the table :D

And they are sorted by series :) (horizontal rows).

#6 User is offline   DioxideIL 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 27908

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

Ugh, I found my second early stop on Friday morning. I do look forward to visiting (and buying from) your table.
Decided not to bring a signature book due to lack of interest.

---Chibi Chaser---

#7 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostDioxideIL, on 08 April 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Ugh, I found my second early stop on Friday morning. I do look forward to visiting (and buying from) your table.

:D I look forward to meeting you! Lots of chibi things to sell! (although I am running so, so behind on the bags and totes. I know what I'll be working on the next few days!

#8 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostIcyPanther, on 08 April 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Oh, I hadn't thought of stealing... I tend to always just think of the best in people. Naive, perhaps, but oh well. I'll probably keep it pretty close then to me. I have found though, from trying to move them myself, they don't just pop off since i have two rings around the peg. So if someone did try and steal, I could probably tackle them across the table :D

And they are sorted by series :) (horizontal rows).

I've just helped out at booths in the past and having an extensive history of work in retail I've seen the craziest things and people stealing pretty much anything they can. Just be attentive :) You get all kinds of people together at cons, so being aware is just a part of selling items to the public. I'd be pretty ticked and hurt if I looked away and saw one of my items gone. Even if they aren't that expensive, it never feels good to get something taken from you. :( Sorry to be so glum! I just like to give out handy advice.

Btw, your keychains... Adorable. I'll have to stop by and buy an octopus, penguin, or narwhal. I don't know which! They are all so cute.

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#9 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostVoxx, on 08 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I've just helped out at booths in the past and having an extensive history of work in retail I've seen the craziest things and people stealing pretty much anything they can. Just be attentive :) You get all kinds of people together at cons, so being aware is just a part of selling items to the public. I'd be pretty ticked and hurt if I looked away and saw one of my items gone. Even if they aren't that expensive, it never feels good to get something taken from you. :( Sorry to be so glum! I just like to give out handy advice.

Btw, your keychains... Adorable. I'll have to stop by and buy an octopus, penguin, or narwhal. I don't know which! They are all so cute.

I know how that is. I'm still in retail (someone, please hire me! xD) at a JCP and we've gotten so lax on apprehending anyone -- my store actually got rid of our security! I remember I used to eat the cookies in the bins at like Jewel and Dominicks because I thought they were free ^^; I think they were the only thing i ever really stole though. No, thank you very much for the advice! Considering it can be such an issue in retail I never thought about it for myself -- I guess I'm so used to selling things online that I never have to worry about it =p

And thank you! ♥ The narwhal is my personal favorite; I have one on my steadily growing lanyard! I look forward to meeting you! Can't wait and can't believe it's almost here!!!

EDIT: Oh, and btw, what color octopuses might you like/think others would like?/ I can do multiple colors for them and so far have the pink one, a green, purple and blue ones.

This post has been edited by IcyPanther: 08 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

#10 User is offline   Althynia 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 61862

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

I know what my first purchase at Acen is gunna be....I love those ponies. :)

#11 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostAlthynia, on 09 April 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

I know what my first purchase at Acen is gunna be....I love those ponies. :)

:D Aww, thank you! I think the ponies are some of my favorites too! Can't wait to meet you!

#12 User is offline   BrokenRemnantStudios 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61094

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

shut up you work at JCP!? I work at JCP!! I work at the photo studio! :D
Nerdy Art: Music to the Eyes

Our Website
Our deviantArt

#13 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostBrokenRemnantStudios, on 10 April 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

shut up you work at JCP!? I work at JCP!! I work at the photo studio! :D

Hahaha, too funny! Yeah, I'm on the floor over in Womens. I'm the "lucky" associate who gets to plan the stupid truck (door to floor) and pretty much do my manager's job but not for my manager's pay xD I mean, I like the added responsibility and always getting to do projects, but you think they could pay me more than the person who just folds and cleans up after people? =p Are you one of the photographers? Ours are so funny -- I love it when they're trying to get the kids to smile; one makes this awesome noise like a duck! :D

#14 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Question.... are you planning on laying this flat on the table, or using something like a table easel?

I ask because that is how I displayed my charms last year, and before I got to duck taping the crap out of the board to the easel it fell and broke some of the charms. So just a warning there to make sure however you display it to make sure your display is sturdy and probably duct taped!
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#15 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostDavenEvanXaviour, on 10 April 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

Question.... are you planning on laying this flat on the table, or using something like a table easel?

I ask because that is how I displayed my charms last year, and before I got to duck taping the crap out of the board to the easel it fell and broke some of the charms. So just a warning there to make sure however you display it to make sure your display is sturdy and probably duct taped!

Thanks for the advice Daven!
I was planning to keep it propped up and possibly duct tape it to one of my wire cube things. I sadly don't have an Easel or I would so use that! I am still absolutely clueless on how my setup is going to look (I really, really need to get started on that. Have lots of supplies and ideas, just nothing concrete yet) but it's going to be propped up somehow! With duct tape. So much duct tape! =p I hope yours stays where it's supposed to this year! I would cry if I lost some of my charms :( Although I have dropped them from the top of my staircase and thrown them on my driveway and they haven't broken yet! I want to try runnign one over with my car, but I think that might be a bit overkill ^^;

#16 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

So cute! I'm eyeing the Sailor Scouts there :) I think I'll be stopping by on Saturday to shop at your table :)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#17 User is offline   BrokenRemnantStudios 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61094

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostIcyPanther, on 10 April 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Hahaha, too funny! Yeah, I'm on the floor over in Womens. I'm the "lucky" associate who gets to plan the stupid truck (door to floor) and pretty much do my manager's job but not for my manager's pay xD I mean, I like the added responsibility and always getting to do projects, but you think they could pay me more than the person who just folds and cleans up after people? =p Are you one of the photographers? Ours are so funny -- I love it when they're trying to get the kids to smile; one makes this awesome noise like a duck! :D

I am indeed one of the photographers! I squeak a lot to get the kids smiling and I do the "peek-a-boo!" thing too...we do some of the dumbest things just to get those kids to smile! It's crazy!
Nerdy Art: Music to the Eyes

Our Website
Our deviantArt

#18 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

cant believe i spotted it right away i want that rukia Key chain XD

#19 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'll probably pick up a few of the Sailor scouts. :)
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#20 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Oh wow, so many people~ ♥

@KnitChick -- look forward to meeting you! Also looks like I'm going to have to make even more Scouts -- they're more popular than I thought!

@Remnant -- That sounds like such a fun job though! :D I wish I could play peekaboo and stuff. Ours has been super busy with a ton of senior pictures, like my brother, who waited really last minute! =p

@Naoya -- I love how your eyes are drawn to something right away when you weren't even sure if it was there! That's how I find a ton of elephant stuff =p I spot them everywhere!

@Cloud -- Yay! Look forward to meeting you! And it looks like I'll need to go make another batch of Scouts! I found a Sailor Moon under my rug though, so that was exciting =p Must have missed her after the glazing!

#21 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

lol yup i know shes there subconsiously. shes my #1 girl XD

#22 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostNaoya Toudou, on 12 April 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

lol yup i know shes there subconsiously. shes my #1 girl XD

It's funny, I used to really dislike her but I actually think she's pretty awesome now :D
However, my sentiments for Ichigo still haven't changed xD Haven't started reading this last arc yet, but I don't think my opinion of him is going to change =p

#23 User is offline   McWeen 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9359

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

If my wife sees your hippo charm I spotted on your etsy I am sure one will be coming home with us this weekend :P
I wish I had something clever to put here :-(

#24 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostMcWeen, on 24 April 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

If my wife sees your hippo charm I spotted on your etsy I am sure one will be coming home with us this weekend :P

I will be most certain to make sure I keep a hippo for her! Does she collect them? ♥

#25 User is offline   McWeen 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9359

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

View PostIcyPanther, on 24 April 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

I will be most certain to make sure I keep a hippo for her! Does she collect them? ♥

Yes she does. I feel like we have a billion plush hippos in our house.
I wish I had something clever to put here :-(

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users