• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Competitive Fighting Game panel

#1 User is offline   auhsojsivart 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 27940

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Who is running this? Have they consulted any of the Chicagoland fighting game community members about being involved?

I'm really on the fence about going to ACEN this year (have been to the last three) because I don't really watch too much anime these days. However, I am a member of the competitive fighting game scene in this area and might go if this panel is decent.

#2 User is offline   therobd 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10739

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

A friend of mine and I have run it for the last two years. We're a couple of guys who go to a few tournaments a year and know a thing or two about being involved in our local scene. We mostly discuss what's different about playing a tournament match as opposed to playing a casual match with friends and the strategies involved.

We always prepare a presentation with a list of topics, but we're open to whatever the crowd would like to talk about as well. We'd like as many different viewpoints as possible, and it can only help to have more experienced players around, so we'd love to see you there!

Well, so long as you don't just want to discuss eSports or Cross Assault. Leave that for the cesspool of SRK comments. :P

#3 User is offline   LeenStar 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 41063

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

This sounds very interesting. I will def. look for your panel!

leenstarsx3

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." - Albert Einstein.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users