Anime Central Forums: Kid Icarus Uprising - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kid Icarus Uprising Anyone Else Playing?

#1 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

So who else is playing this interesting 3DS title? I like it so far but the controls can be tiring lol. Haven't played Multiplayer yet so if anyone wants to arrange a match or whatever post here or send me a PM. Also you can tell the Smash Bros team was involved just from the menu alone. LOL
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#2 User is offline   ceromagus22 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18440

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Such a good game even with teh wacky controls. I have my controls setup with the circle pad for moving, the xyab buttons for aiming, L for shooting, and the dpad for selecting powers. After a bit of online practiced ive gotten used to the controls that way. Dont even need the stand anymore :thumbup:XD

how does everyone else have their controls setup?

This post has been edited by ceromagus22: 29 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCeroRei <----My Channel with a decent amount of Cosplay Meetup videos
https://www.facebook.com/rei.cero<--my facebook
3DS Friend code: 0087-3065-7685

#3 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

thinking about picking it up today. KI have been one of my demanded releases from nintendo, i got very hype when i saw pit's modal in SSBB. and i hope this game is great.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#4 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

I hate to ask but what is KI exactly? I mean I know about him but I never played any of his titles before. I thought about picking this up if I ever get a 3DS.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#5 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

I tried getting into it but I don't have the necessary 3 hands needed to play the game that most Nintendo fans have.
All systems... GO!

#6 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

Now all the 3DS needs is Sin & Punishment 3, or a remake of the previous two Sin & Punishment games, and I'll flush down $170 for the system.
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#7 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

My new favorite phrase is "shazammitylam."

I'm definitely liking it so far, finding it to be a far goofier, less pretentious version of God of War crossed with Sin and Punishment and a smattering of Resident Evil: Revelations' weapons looting. It just takes a bit to get used to the controls.

also, was anyone ELSE hoping Samus would drop by in a cameo during the Space Pirate chapter?

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 31 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#8 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

Whenever the 3DS has good games that aren't remakes/ports/enhanced remakes, (well good games that I care about. I'm not into RE) I'll buy it and this. I really do want to pick this up.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#9 User is offline   everlasting-daydreamer 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61883

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

I just finished it today. I absolutely love Pit's humour. HIs relationship between him and Palutena is also funny. The controls are difficult, but other than that I loved the game. I had them as axyb for moving, stick for aiming and R for aiming. It's hard being a lefty for these types of games.

#10 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

View Posteverlasting-daydreamer, on 07 April 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I just finished it today. I absolutely love Pit's humour. HIs relationship between him and Palutena is also funny. The controls are difficult, but other than that I loved the game. I had them as axyb for moving, stick for aiming and R for aiming. It's hard being a lefty for these types of games.

Haven't finished yet (me starting multiple games at once, :P) but I agree that Pit and Palutena have some hilarious dialogue and make great characters. I'm on the 4th stage but I enjoy it! The control is fun, a bit of challenge ad may frustrate some, but I like it.

To ceromagus or anyone with a circle pad pro: Does it greatly improve the control experience? I don't currently own it and am for with the controls for both this and Resident Evil, but I am considering on picking it up if it makes Kid Icarus that much better. :)
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#11 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 30 March 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

I hate to ask but what is KI exactly? I mean I know about him but I never played any of his titles before. I thought about picking this up if I ever get a 3DS.

Kid Icarus, or Pit as his offical name is, is the star of the old NES game called the same title. In the old game you play as Pit who is the only Angel who is able to get free from his cell in hell (underworld in the game)since all of heaven (Angel land in the game) was taken by the Evil Medusa, the sister of the great powerful and good Palutena, who has also been captured. Your job is to get up there and smash Medusa and free everyone winning a gift or kiss from Palutena for freeing her and all of Angel land. I should note that this game is notorious for being hard as heck.

Pit made a comeback in SSBB a few years ago, although his raking is low as a fighter. Because of this the cry for more Pit was heard Nintendo created the new kid Icarus game. I want it, but the cost for the 3DS... <_<
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#12 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

I beat Resident Evil Revelations the other day and should be playing more of this soon. I also got a new code for the free 3D Classics Kid Icarus (Best Buy sent a faulty code.) Kid Icarus the original is a fun Title and I like that Nintendo added backgrounds to the 3D Classics version. Black backgrounds are nice, but these new ones are just a nice touch!.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users