• You cannot reply to this topic

Xenoblade comming to the US next week

#1 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

so Xenoblade is a game by nintendo and Monolith Soft. it comming on the 6th next month finaly.

if you didn't inport this already i suggest you buy it. don't have a wii? buy it anyways, it the best JRPG this gen.

EDIT: also buy it anyways since it nintendo and not mario or zelda, YOU PEOPLE WANT NEW IDEAS (yes i know this is related to xenogears but beside the point) THIS IS THE TIME BUY THIS GAME LIKE MAD.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 29 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#2 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

I almost imported the UK version, but hesitated because I had difficulty understanding the tutorials for how to bypass Wii region coding. Perhaps I'll pre-order a copy later today.

Xenoblade has no story connections to Xenogears or the Xenosaga series. It started off with the name Monado, and the name changed because it was a made by some of the people who worked on those games, and probably also the company's willingness to extend the Xeno- brand name a bit more. Furthermore, the gameplay in Xenoblade is said to be distinctly different. The emphasis on linearity and cinema is gone, replaced by a more open-ended design.

Not long ago, IGN posted an article about why fans should care about Xenoblade. I seem to recall a slightly older article on the same site about why fans should purchase the game, but I can't find it at this time.

#3 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Does my Wii still work? I haven't played it in such a long time.

Though I'm also looking towards The Last Story in June.

#4 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Oooooooh! I need this.
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#5 User is offline   TeenyDratini 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60822

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

I pre-ordered Xenoblade and The Last Story earlier this month. I'm having a hard time waiting for Xenoblade right now.

#6 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Just wanted to chime in that this game isn't related to the Xeno series at all. It's just an honorary title given to it. I know this has been addressed, just wanted to add that in. A lot of folk online think this is like the 3rd part of the series. It isn't.

I'm just anxious and ready. I was with Operation Rainfall on day 1, and been wanting this game for a while. Glad I didn't mod my wii so I can play the import. I can get 2 of the 3 big ones on my unmodded american wii. lol (Not too hopeful Pandora's tower will be here, but there is always a chance.)

And no, my name isn't inspired by Xenoblade. It was of the Xenogears/Xenosaga name tho.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#7 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

What ever happened to Xenogears remake/Xenosaga DS?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#8 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61704

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

I want this game.
Seriously.

#9 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

I just checked VGChartz. It appears that almost 260K copies of Xenoblade were sold in just the US/Canada. I was expecting that barely anyone else would purchase it, since I thought the few interested fans had already imported it, and that the rest of fandom had already moved over to western RPGs.

#10 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

As much as I want to believe it, but VGChartz is always a dubious source for sales. Always take numbers there with a grain of salt.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users