Posing Guide

#1 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

LOL JK MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS . D:

I know we had a thread like this but I'm pretty sure it is currently buried in the archives. ( mods feel free to move this to newbies, I was debating)

Posing: it is evil. We have all these great ideas but the moment someone asks "Can I take your picture?" we freeze up and all our practice turns into a "V" sign o_o

So I wanted to make a thread for posing ( both character specific and general ) so everyone can ask and answer before the con which is in nearly a month.

My tips: never be afraid to sit, kneel, or change your stature for a photo if there is room. You may feel awkward for the 30 seconds it takes to sit but it will look less like you were rushing off to a panel and more like you were born ready

Find somewhere to pin your badge or know how to easily detach it for a photo. Nothing can ruin an awesome costume more than seeing someone from a creepy series with a name tag saying "KawaiiNekoChan"

Try your best before the con to give any nearly prop-less character a prop. Props ( as I see it ) can give you an automatic pose to use.

This post has been edited by linlindesu: 14 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#2 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

My tip: Remember to have energy that your character has. This is not you as a person but the embodiment of the character, so try to bring that energy to the character.

Tip: If you smile with teeth, try to make sure they are clean. After eating just go to the bathroom for a moment and rinse your mouth if you can, then chew a piece of gum or something that can catch food particles. Better to have a clean mouth then peice of something stuck in your teeth.

Tip: If posing with others try to think of them as your friends and that you, in character, are having fun. Makes the picture more natural.

Tip: And I know this sounds weird, check out pictures from the folks who do the disney characters. While they are actors, try to mirror what they do regarding playing a part.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#3 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

My advice: I know it sounds totally cliche, but practicing in a mirror is really good. It allows you to find your not-so-attractive sides without anyone else seeing them. Or have a friend take photos of you in your cosplay poses and see if they actually look like what you think they do.
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#4 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

The other guide is up on construction and tips~