Posing Guide

#1 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

LOL JK MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS . D:

I know we had a thread like this but I'm pretty sure it is currently buried in the archives. ( mods feel free to move this to newbies, I was debating)

Posing: it is evil. We have all these great ideas but the moment someone asks "Can I take your picture?" we freeze up and all our practice turns into a "V" sign o_o

So I wanted to make a thread for posing ( both character specific and general ) so everyone can ask and answer before the con which is in nearly a month.

My tips: never be afraid to sit, kneel, or change your stature for a photo if there is room. You may feel awkward for the 30 seconds it takes to sit but it will look less like you were rushing off to a panel and more like you were born ready

Find somewhere to pin your badge or know how to easily detach it for a photo. Nothing can ruin an awesome costume more than seeing someone from a creepy series with a name tag saying "KawaiiNekoChan"

Try your best before the con to give any nearly prop-less character a prop. Props ( as I see it ) can give you an automatic pose to use.

This post has been edited by linlindesu: 14 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

2015 Cosplay
Elrond's angry face when the hobbits crash the party
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Kongou- Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Rise- Persona 4 Dancing all Night

#2 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

My tip: Remember to have energy that your character has. This is not you as a person but the embodiment of the character, so try to bring that energy to the character.

Tip: If you smile with teeth, try to make sure they are clean. After eating just go to the bathroom for a moment and rinse your mouth if you can, then chew a piece of gum or something that can catch food particles. Better to have a clean mouth then peice of something stuck in your teeth.

Tip: If posing with others try to think of them as your friends and that you, in character, are having fun. Makes the picture more natural.

Tip: And I know this sounds weird, check out pictures from the folks who do the disney characters. While they are actors, try to mirror what they do regarding playing a part.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#3 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

My advice: I know it sounds totally cliche, but practicing in a mirror is really good. It allows you to find your not-so-attractive sides without anyone else seeing them. Or have a friend take photos of you in your cosplay poses and see if they actually look like what you think they do.
ACen 2015 Plans
Maki (1, 2, Jump! or Wonderful Rush) [Love Live! School Idol Project] 100% or 30%
Honey Lemon (Battle Version) [Big Hero 6] 60%
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Black Lynx) [Shugo Chara!] 20%

Moved to 2016: Ryuho (Final Armour Version) [s-CRY-ed] 0%

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#4 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

The other guide is up on construction and tips~
http://www.acen.org/...ic/40267-poses/