Anime Central Forums: Con horror stories! - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Con horror stories! What was your most WTF, OMG, or EW moment at a con?

#31 User is offline   Bard-kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 212

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

ACen 11.

Someone--we thought it was a guy who'd broken in at the time, and now suspect it was a room resident with a serious drinking problem--absolutely demolished our hotel room while we were out. I'm talking pictures ripped down, candy and food mashed into the carpet, melted M&Ms smeared across every glass surface, sodas upended everywhere, all the bedding and towels soaking wet (covered in smashed candy, natch) piled in our shower. The room was unlivable. Since we thought someone had broken or sneaked in, we didn't feel comfortable leaving any of our stuff there, so we had to mooch off other friends for storage space, and we had to crash on the candy-coated floor. The hotel manager didn't believe our story about mysterious hooligans (why would he), and we had to add a massive cleaning fee to our bill.

Also our alcoholic roommate tried to start multiple fights and I had to babysit him all weekend.

So, yeah, not my best con.
Join the parade.

HENT4RMAGEDDON: You Can (Not) Unsee. Tentatively scheduled for 12:30-2:30 AM in the Donald E Stephens Convention Center, Panel Room Six. Join us for an evening of fun, games, and memories so twisted you'll wish you could live in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

#32 User is offline   MizukiMidnight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 56276

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostBard-kun, on 10 April 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

ACen 11.

Someone--we thought it was a guy who'd broken in at the time, and now suspect it was a room resident with a serious drinking problem--absolutely demolished our hotel room while we were out. I'm talking pictures ripped down, candy and food mashed into the carpet, melted M&Ms smeared across every glass surface, sodas upended everywhere, all the bedding and towels soaking wet (covered in smashed candy, natch) piled in our shower. The room was unlivable. Since we thought someone had broken or sneaked in, we didn't feel comfortable leaving any of our stuff there, so we had to mooch off other friends for storage space, and we had to crash on the candy-coated floor. The hotel manager didn't believe our story about mysterious hooligans (why would he), and we had to add a massive cleaning fee to our bill.

Also our alcoholic roommate tried to start multiple fights and I had to babysit him all weekend.

Seriously? Wow. That's ridiculous :P Did you go to someone right after the incident?
Coming back as Vincent Valentine! WOOT!
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Vincent Valentine-100%
Ninja War Hinata-100%
Steampunk/Victorian/Original-100%
Zoe Hanji-100%
Zakuro Tokyo Mew Mew-100%
Mariko Miniskirt Space Pirates-100%

#33 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostBard-kun, on 10 April 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

ACen 11.

That is ridiculous.....I hope you have since refused to room with said alcoholic roommate..and I also hope said roommate has started to get some help for his drinking behaviors...
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#34 User is offline   Bard-kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 212

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

@Mizuki--We had no one to go to, really. We reported the incident to hotel management, but in the absence of any evidence of outside perps, the responsibility fell to us. Mainly I just nursed a beer in my destroyed room in shock, then said "screw it" and stayed out of the room as much as possible.
@Crimson--I'll never room with him again, nor put up with any drama caused by him. I'm the guy he'd call when things went sour or when he was drunk and wandering the video rooms alone at 1 in the morning, or the guy our mutual friend would call when he was screaming at people in line out front of the Hyatt. He's cleaned up a bit since, but I'll never answer those phone calls again.
Join the parade.

HENT4RMAGEDDON: You Can (Not) Unsee. Tentatively scheduled for 12:30-2:30 AM in the Donald E Stephens Convention Center, Panel Room Six. Join us for an evening of fun, games, and memories so twisted you'll wish you could live in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users