• This topic is locked

Acen is no longer about anime.

#1 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Let's face it ACEN is no longer about anime. It's more of a pop culture con now. I don't see any thing on the schedule designed to appeal to some who is over 40.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#2 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Posted Image
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#3 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

So you're saying anyone under 40 is not an anime fan? Kinda harsh judgement if you ask me...

This post has been edited by TheStrongJaeger: 10 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

All systems... GO!

#4 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

I don't understand the over 40 thing but I kind of agree.
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#5 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on 10 March 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

So you're saying anyone under 40 is not an anime fan? Kinda harsh judgement if you ask me...

No. Tell me where I said that?

#6 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

[quote name='Gabichox' timestamp='1331401201' post='1058798']
I don't understand the over 40 thing but I kind of agree.[/qu
I don't see fashion shows appealing to most guys over 40.

#7 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Anime Central (ACen) is Chicago’s and the Midwest’s largest anime, manga and Japanese popular culture convention.

ACen isn't about strictly anime to begin with. And we've had a fashion show for a numbers of years now, how is this a new thing? Are you assuming that what we've announced is all we're having?
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#8 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Its not all about anime anymore, but I dont really agree with the over 40 statement. Sounds a lot like being salty. We gotta change with the times. I rather have more anime there, but there are just as many non anime things that are good and would fit.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#9 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

So even though the majority of the panels and and a good number of the announced guests(which is not even all of them are yet) are about anime, the convention isn't about anime. Cons have always had other things from Japan and not just anime. I think the large majority of the con is still about anime and I have nothing against adding other facets of Japan that many anime fans probably like as well.
All systems... GO!

#10 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

The fashion show never has been and isn't the focal point of this convention.

What else is making you come to the conclusion that ACen isn't for anyone 40+ yrs old? What is ACen missing this year that you would appeal to you, or what are you looking for in an anime convention?

I'm 25 and I'm looking forward to the cosplayers, the panels, the exhibitors, and the fan art! They haven't announced any guests I'm super excited about, but I'm hoping to meet some internet celebs and fellow anime enthusiasts that may show up.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#11 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Im actually pleased with the guest announcement. And Im pretty sure its still about anime and what not,
have you even checked out the fashion thats going for the fashion show? There are various amounts of people
with different tastes, so why not mix it in and have people experience new things?
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#12 User is offline   21rules 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59355

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

First off the ACEN describes itself on the main web page as an anime, manga and Japanese pop culture convention. Secondly I'm 36 and still enjoy the con regardless of whether or not there are guests, panels etc. that appeal to me. It sounds to me like you either need to loosen up and let yourself enjoy the con for what it is and can be, or start looking for other cons that are more focused on aspects that appeal to you. Remember the con is not there just for you and does it's best to appeal to many people of different ages and interests.
Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on again?

#13 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 10 March 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

ACen isn't about strictly anime to begin with. And we've had a fashion show for a numbers of years now, how is this a new thing? Are you assuming that what we've announced is all we're having?

One fashion guest I can see but not three. So where are the Japanese anime guests?

#14 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Unfortunately different things appeal to different people, what may work for some may not work for you, all I can really tell you is find your niche there and what makes you happy, or it may be time to move on.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#15 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I do agree to an extent with the OP. While over the years we've diversified, which is not a bad thing in my opinion, I would like the main precept of the con to be anime and manga. I want a strong showing of Japanese guests from industry each year - creators, directors, artists, voice actors... you name it, I want it. That is my main focus and direction for the future while also bringing in American VAs, ADR Directors, et al, as well as related guests from the video gaming and fashion industries. My last focus is to continue diversifying with educational and cultural guests to round it all out.

If I had to break it out by numbers, I'd like to see about two-thirds anime/manga guests (half of those from Japan), with the remaining third from related industry or cultural/educational in nature. I understand where opimus is coming from, and we'd probably agree on the the types of guests we'd most want to see, but I need to appeal to all facets of our fandom bases. But he's right - anime and manga is what we're about. It's in our name after all.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#16 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2974

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

I usually go for the friendships to be had and the games to play, the people to meet new and old, maybe catch the masquerate some pannels wander round and see the cosplay, sometimes I get some anime in, wander the dealers room, party...etc
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#17 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

As far as panels go, since those are submitted by the congoers themselves, why don't you get some dudes over 40 to submit something entertaining for others like them? I mean, if it's a bunch of young people submitting them, there are going to be more panels relevant to younger tastes and if those panels aren't 100% anime-related, then that's that. Just gotta hope a more diverse group submits things. Although, I would think the Osamu Tezuka panel would be interesting for someone that age and my sixty something year old mother thinks Wolf's Rain is interesting so meh.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#18 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

If you think about it, if you say ACEN should only be about Anime and Manga that would be taking away video games as well since it's not "anime." I mean to appeal to more people you have to diversify. I think it's not a bad thing, but I feel more of Japanese culture con which is pretty cool. It's nice to see different aspects. But For people that are 40+, why not try some new things, you never know you might like it! ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#19 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

It's not strictly about anime anymore sure, but there's still plenty of anime and Japanese culture events for everyone IMO. As for nothing being geared towards anyone over the age of 40, I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. There are plenty of old school anime fans (talking 1980s and prior) still going and I know people in their mid to late 30s who love ACen even if they aren't big anime fans.

Honestly, if you ask me and maybe I'll get flamed for this, I don't really care that it's not strictly anime. I don't mind comic conventions being all about the comics either. I like anime, comics, American cartoons, video games, and movies, so as long as one or more of the needs are being filled and I'm in great company, the convention can continue with what's doing. Maybe they could try to get more guests that people would recognize from anime (Justin Cook, Steve Blum, and Wendy Lee would be welcome) but I would say that a good 80% (and that's thinking small) of the panels and programming are dedicated towards anime or Japanese culture.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#20 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2974

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 10 March 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

If you think about it, if you say ACEN should only be about Anime and Manga that would be taking away video games as well since it's not "anime." I mean to appeal to more people you have to diversify. I think it's not a bad thing, but I feel more of Japanese culture con which is pretty cool. It's nice to see different aspects. But For people that are 40+, why not try some new things, you never know you might like it! ^_^

Yerp, anime/manga and video games go hand and hand as do the toy and figurine industry as well as music that accompanies animes and video games, or is similar. So, really its an all encompassing thing and people can go there for different things and everyone can enjoy. That's why we have so many people showing up now. I love anime and video games but I also like to party a little bit and loosen up where I can play video games and watch anime with younger crowds and then go up into the hotels with the older crowds so I get the best of both worlds.
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#21 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 10 March 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Pretty much this; I know people who only come to Acen for video games and table card games. I rather have more anime stuff, but I'm fine with a variety of different prospects.

..............I don't know how to comment on the over 40+ statement at all.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#22 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 10 March 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

..............I don't know how to comment on the over 40+ statement at all.

I don't want to sound rude, but overall I'm not sure either on how it is unappealing. Only thing I can assume off the top of my head is anime from the 80s and prior. I haven't looked at the full schedule, I'm sure you can find something relatively older but maybe it does lack some of the older anime? Unfortunately if that's the case, well conventions among many other businesses do have to keep to the times. You will see newer anime at ACen and other cons.

Maybe I'll ask this to the OP, what stuff for the 40+ demo would you like to see?
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#23 User is offline   The Archfiend 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 1145

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostSTVO, on 10 March 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

It's not strictly about anime anymore sure, but there's still plenty of anime and Japanese culture events for everyone IMO. As for nothing being geared towards anyone over the age of 40, I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. There are plenty of old school anime fans (talking 1980s and prior) still going and I know people in their mid to late 30s who love ACen even if they aren't big anime fans.

I'm still a big time fan of it even if I am over 40, but I think that what opimus meant (in a somewhat crudely put way) is that the emphasis now is less on anime and/or manga and more geared towards cosplay, video gaming, cosplay, other Japanese pop culture and cosplay. Not being particularly interested in cosplay, Acen's kinda lost something in translation in comparison to how it used to be a decade ago - or even five years ago, for that matter.

Honestly, if you ask me and maybe I'll get flamed for this,

(Chuckles evilly) :pirate:

(Nah. Just kidding...)

I don't really care that it's not strictly anime. I don't mind comic conventions being all about the comics either. I like anime, comics, American cartoons, video games, and movies, so as long as one or more of the needs are being filled and I'm in great company, the convention can continue with what's doing. Maybe they could try to get more guests that people would recognize from anime (Justin Cook, Steve Blum, and Wendy Lee would be welcome) but I would say that a good 80% (and that's thinking small) of the panels and programming are dedicated towards anime or Japanese culture.

Hey, I'm not adverse to broadening the central emphasis of Acen either, but the first word in their name should be a strong clue as to what their central emphasis is as a con. For example, when Reactor was still around, they made a poor attempt (at least IMHO) to deemphasize anime by dropping the "anime" in their name and trying to add american small-press comics and independent film as other areas of programming emphasis. That's not the biggest cause of what ultimately screwed them as a con (poor management and some of the more out-of-control partying/vandalism issues was more likely to blame), but I don't think that what they tried to do in the realm of programming helped.
Chris Krolczyk
Security/IRT Staff, 2003-5

Further proof of my degeneracy can be found at: http://the-archfiend.livejournal.com/ or http:the-archfiend.blogspot.com/

#24 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

It's really up to people. the con goers.. If we keep it anime based then it is.. if we let it go we don't have the right to very nice lady about the none anime con.
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#25 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

First of all, I applaud the actual announcement of guests (Yay! JYB! I haven't seen him since Youmacon a few years ago), but my next criticism follows the coattails of all the fashion guests. Yes, they're Japanese. Yes, ACen is not just an anime convention. I understand the branching out into popular culture. Yes, I know there has been a fashion show for a few years now; but why, oh why, are there no anime/manga/video game Japanese guests? Two years ago we had a chunk of the Soul Eater Japanese cast. (A couple of them were in other things, and a couple of them were really only in Soul Eater.) The point is, last year we didn't have any. We had FLOW (which was amazing, and you will never hear me complain about having them), but the rest of the Japanese guests were DJ's, fashion designers, or Yoshiki. (Because he is so great he gets his own place in this list.) The general decline of Japanese guests, period, is frustrating. (And with the making of this thread, I know I can't be the only one.)

I agree with El Ken and OP that something is wrong when we are able to get Japanese guests from other industries, but we can't get them from the anime industry. (Not even going to touch the American Anime Industry thing.) Likewise, I realize this year was going to be less than spectacular once we got this far in and guest announcements were non-existent. (As far as guests go. Other aspects of the convention seem to be going amazingly, such as Panel Programming. They seem to be doing really well, have a lot of panels with a lot of varied content.) Likewise, I cannot complain about JYB or LMC (and it's not just because they are related to the anime industry.) I'm just disappointed with the fact that, once again, there are a slew of Japanese DJ's (that have been announced for awhile), a handful of Japanese fashion designers, and only two American VA's this late in the game. (And yeah, I know, this list isn't complete) but it's the trend that has me irritated.

I know I'm not the first person to say this, but anime conventions are one of the few (if only) ways that most of us will ever meet those involved with anime on the Japanese side. I know a lot of the arguments against me are (Go support another con!) (It's what the other attendees are leaning towards!) (We have to please the masses!) (Volunteer if you want to see a difference!) et al.

I'm just putting these things out there. I know El Ken and his team are doing their best, and that's all we can ask. That being said, keep doing what you can do, guys. I'm in your corner rooting for you, and whatever happens, you'll still find me at ACen, as long as there is an ACen to be had. :thumbup:
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#26 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hmm, you know more video game guests Such as the VAs (Japan or North America), the creators, etc. I would LOVE those kinds of guests! Game creators could be a challenge to get, but if they got any, that would be amazing!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#27 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 10 March 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

The general decline of Japanese guests, period, is frustrating. (And with the making of this thread, I know I can't be the only one.)

THIS.
I would cut off any of my toes to see a mega awesome japanese seiyuu (like Aya Hirano, Yuko Goto, Ikue Ōtani (<3 <3 <3 that girl would please pretty much everyone) , Ayana Taketatsu, Ryō Horikawa. )
yet we can land huge brand designers. I respect lolita but come on...
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#28 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostSayuri-chan, on 10 March 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

I know I'm not the first person to say this, but anime conventions are one of the few (if only) ways that most of us will ever meet those involved with anime on the Japanese side. I know a lot of the arguments against me are (Go support another con!) (It's what the other attendees are leaning towards!) (We have to please the masses!) (Volunteer if you want to see a difference!) et al.

Just quoting this because it's pretty much everything I have been repeating on the acen forums for a long time now.
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#29 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Im 34 and I still enjoy going to cons be it anime or comic. I agree with STVO that they both go hand in hand. They bring people together and we just have a lot of fun. Last year I cosplayed as a non anime character (MST3k)at ACen and I was getting mad love for it. It didn't matter if I went as Wonder Woman or Meg from Family Guy. I still had fun and made people smile. That and times are changing. I was at Youmacon last year and we had Bronies (not saying its bad since I love MLPFIM :) ). Im not saying all anime cons are like this but from what im seeing its changing. Were getting a mix of pop culture and anime in a way weve never had before and its just a sign of the times. Fan Expo in Canada is a mix con that combines Anime, Comics, Horror, and Sci-Fi and its a wonderful con. While I hate to see congoers leave due to something like this, I do understand but like I said before times are changing and with people watching other things besides anime now like Dr. Who, Torchwood, My Little Pony, Game Of Thrones, Adventure Time, and Phineas and Ferb, this was bound to happen. Sorry if you feel this way and if you feel like you don't want to attend ACen anymore because of this then that's understandable. But dont lump all those that are over 40. I know some 40 year olds that go to ACen and have a great time.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#30 User is offline   myrla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60134

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

*shrug* I started going to Otakon for the webcomics. At the time, I had only seen Kiki's Delivery Service.

Call em a gateway drug. Call them whatever you want.

Ultimately, if ACen isn't enough Anime for you, there are PLENTY of cons that have TONS of anime that will suit you better.

Also, if you are worried about the "name thing", let's just put it out there:

when was the last time San Diego Comic Con was only about Comics?
ACen 2013: Panel denied. Not attending.

ACen 2012 Cosplay: Doctor Who: Tooth and Claw Rose (Friday) | Firefly: Inara (Saturday) | Lolita (Sunday)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

ACen 2011 Cosplay:
Tooth and Claw Rose (Doctor Who) | Miwako (Paradise Kiss) | Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)
Panelist: Final Fantasy MMORPG

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users