Anime Central Forums: Embassy Suites, if I can't check in myself can I request someone does it for me? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Embassy Suites, if I can't check in myself can I request someone does it for me?

#1 User is offline   freakishdarling 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61208

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I recently started a new job were Fridays are the busiest days, so even if I request off the whole weekend for the con it's not solid I'll get Friday off with it. I booked a room at the Embassy under my name and credit card, and I know that an ID is required at check in and my credit card also does say require ID on the back of it.

I know I can also have the reservation put in someone else's name as well, does anyone have any experience doing this? Or had this same issue and they just let someone else check in for them?

#2 User is offline   MagnusBlue 

• HCSR Officer
  • Pip
  • Group: Officer
  • Member No.: 58758

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

View Postfreakishdarling said:

I recently started a new job were Fridays are the busiest days, so even if I request off the whole weekend for the con it's not solid I'll get Friday off with it. I booked a room at the Embassy under my name and credit card, and I know that an ID is required at check in and my credit card also does say require ID on the back of it.

I know I can also have the reservation put in someone else's name as well, does anyone have any experience doing this? Or had this same issue and they just let someone else check in for them?

I recommend that you contact the Embassy directly regarding this questions.
Michael A Falco
Venue Relations Chair to the Finance Committee 2014-2015
Midwest Animation Promotion Society

Hotel & Convention Site Relations Officer (HCSR) 2011-2014
Convention Operations Department Head 2010-2011
Anime Central (ACen) 2009-2014

#3 User is offline   LordCanti 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19521

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

they will let you put someone else on your reservation that can check in with there own card and id
Lets be friends :3
Facebook :o
last.fm my music tastes ;3
Newly made deviantART :x
Working on Making Props for my Stiyl Magnus Cosplay

#4 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

View Postfreakishdarling, on 08 March 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

Having dealt with the Hilton-brand hotels many times over the years (both for and apart from the convention), if you have a secondary guest listed on file, give them the card, and call/update your reservation to note that [Person's Name] will be checking in your reservation with your card, you'll be fine.

I must agree with the above though. Absolutely make sure to call and confirm this with the hotel, as at the least they can enter this information in live as you speak to them, saving you a later headache and hassle.
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users