• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The SSBB All-Star Challenge!

#1 User is offline   Kappy 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60304

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Long ago, in 2001, a game, nay, a revolution was born with the name Super Smash Bros. Melee. A game that housed one of the most challenging challenges of all challenges in Smash history: All-Star Mode. A challenge that pits you against every single character in the game with only a mere 3 hearts to heal you. Easy when you use continues on the highest difficulty, but what if you could do it without using any continues...?

And that, my friends, is why I'm here. Ever since Super Smash Bros. Brawl's revolutionary inclusion of a co-op All-Star Mode, I've been on a journey, searching far and wide for a partner who can pick up a controller and travel with me through the 36 different characters of Brawl on the Intense difficulty without using a continue. So far, only a close friend of mine has been able to help me best this challenge, and so I extend an invitation to you, the ACen Smashers, to try and be the next in a long, legendary history of people who have conquered All-Star on Intense without using a single continue alongside me.

If you conquer this with me, a free meal will be awarded with a certificate made directly from the Artist's Alley celebrating your accomplishment!

Will you be the next to carve yourself into Smash history? There can only be one!

Details will be up later for those interested in embarking on this quest for All-Star glory!

This post has been edited by Kappy: 08 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Come talk to me (via PM, Skype, or at the con!) if you're interested in competitive Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Pokémon!!

------Cosplay------
Friday: Hoopz Ketchum
Saturday: Slam Dunkum
Sunday: Ash Barkley

Want to play with me in Brawl/Pokémon/Steam/etc... or just talk, add and contact me on Skype! Skype: ryan.klaproth

#2 User is offline   shygylampjr 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61659

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

I will take on that challenge sir!

#3 User is offline   Kappy 

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

As long as one person wants to enter I'm game for giving out the details! :)

Here's how it'll work:

- We'll be playing All-Star on Intense mode.
- You can pick any character you want.
- If you die, you have to give up your controller to anyone else who's waiting to participate
- If there is no one waiting, you may try again
- If I die, you stay in.

You are allowed to try this challenge 5 times. if you die, you subtract 1 from that (and so on and so forth until you reach 0). If I die, you do not subtract one from your remaining chances to try. Once you reach 0, you can't try for a reward anymore.

If you complete this challenge, I will buy you one (relatively cheap) meal and I will ask an artist of your choice (provided they'll do a certificate) to make a certificate of your accomplishment and pay for it.

I hope more of you accept this challenge. It's gonna be mad hype! LOL.
Come talk to me (via PM, Skype, or at the con!) if you're interested in competitive Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Pokémon!!

------Cosplay------

Want to play with me in Brawl/Pokémon/Steam/etc... or just talk, add and contact me on Skype! Skype: ryan.klaproth

#4 User is offline   TeenyDratini 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60822

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

I haven't played SSBB in months, and I doubt I could actually complete the challenge, but this sounds like loads of fun. I'll enter, if I can.

#5 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

I might try this. As I find Brawl relatively easy and moves at more of a slow place, compared to Melee.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#6 User is offline   Kappy 

• Pip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

Glad to see a couple more people stepping up to enter :) Hopefully this can get a lot of hype right around ACen!

------Cosplay------

#7 User is offline   Kappy 

• Pip

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

There are two weeks left until ACen! If anyone else wants to take on this challenge, let me know so I can start planning when I'll be in the console gaming room! LOL.

------Cosplay------

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users