• You cannot reply to this topic

Assassin's Creed 3 in america

#1 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:32 AM

so a new Assassin's Creed was just announce and if you think the tag line was some random yu-gi-oh quote it not, the game will take place in the americas, during the days of the colneys and the main charater is native american.

i think it a petty cool idea, i can't think of another native american video game charater in video games, turok, and......... is t-hark one? maybe a few goons in some NES games.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#2 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

There was some game a few years back that had you playing as a native American in some weird sci-fi, alien invasion type game. Can't remember the name of it or even if it were any good. Thats all I got though...
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#3 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 01 March 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

There was some game a few years back that had you playing as a native American in some weird sci-fi, alien invasion type game. Can't remember the name of it or even if it were any good. Thats all I got though...

http://en.wikipedia....Prey_video_game
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#4 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

That would be the one, thank you.
Armageddicon!!

#5 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'm going to copy/paste LadyVe's thoughts to sum my own up much more eloquently.

"Meh".

That's all I can say at this point. After the ridiculously dumb and nonsensical plot of the Lost Archive DLC (which makes Lucy seem like a naïve little flower and Vidic as the world's worst strategist) and the new proof of Ubisoft's refusal to just LET. THE. STORY. FINALLY. END instead of unneccesarily dragging it out, I'm not particularly hyped. Okay, perhaps it'll be good, but still... The time period isn't one I particularly care about since it has been done to death and for peace's sake: Desmond already knows what needs to be done since ACII! Why is he still on his butt in the Animus? Patrice Desilets, I feel for you: your creation is getting abused. And Ubisoft, call me when you plan to actually care about the franchise again.

Sincerely,

An AC fan who remembers when the games and their story didn't just revolve around an overrated Italian p***k.

#6 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'm largely at the same point as a whole with the series. Its done to death, let it die. I thought this was going to be 3 games originally, not 3 games and 15 spinoff games. Which may have been okay if any of the spinoff games involved any sort of innovation. They're all essentially clones of each other. I enjoy Assassin's Creed. Its a fun game. But I only desire to play it so many times, and were you to tell a fantastic story in that time limit, you could have gone down as one of the greatest franchises of all time. Instead, you milk the cash cow for all its worth, even selling out to Namco to put your hero in a fighting game. At this point I'm just done with the series. I haven't played the last 2, nor do I really have any desire to do so. I would love to finish the storyline, but not at the cost of 200+ hours of my life that it will take to play through the remaining games.

This post has been edited by FlyingElf: 02 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Armageddicon!!

#7 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

I stopped playing AC after brotherhood. This thing just got to conviulded and silly. Which I really have to say sucks because I loved the orginal soo much and liked the whole concept of "what if history isn't what we think it was?" But then they had to have aliens (or whatever). And after watching my brother play some of the newest one where your playing as ezio playing as altier I'm just done with it. *sigh of sadness*
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#8 User is offline   Phantasmagoria 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17773

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

Im very excited for this game. I have always followed and maintained loyalty to the series. I feel they are slowly but surely becoming a cash cow, but nonethelss, very excited to see Desmond's story conclude.
ACEN 2012
Facebook: http://www.facebook....alexandriaburns

FRIDAY: Chii (Chobits) SATURDAY: Yuna (Final Fantasy X) SATURDAY NIGHT: TripleSix (Soap Bubble)

#9 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostPhantasmagoria, on 04 March 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Im very excited for this game. I have always followed and maintained loyalty to the series. I feel they are slowly but surely becoming a cash cow, but nonethelss, very excited to see Desmond's story conclude.

But doesn't that just make the point to stop though? You are loyal to a good series and now they are abusing your loyalty because most compaines now just assume that their fanbase will continue to just pour their money into their a ceritan series. It's happing with many big triple A games it's getting more noticeable with AC then with other games though.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#10 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Agree with cactusmomma, FlyingElf, and Dark Stranger.

Especially big 'meh' at the time period.
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#11 User is offline   Phantasmagoria 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

What Im saying is, they have to finish the story. Anything after Desmond's conclusion would be stupid.
ACEN 2012

FRIDAY: Chii (Chobits) SATURDAY: Yuna (Final Fantasy X) SATURDAY NIGHT: TripleSix (Soap Bubble)

#12 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

But why bother? I'm so done with this game I don't even care about the ending anymore. They can't pull me along this long and make me shell out almost 300 dollars (if I did buy all these games when they were 60 bucks. Which I didn't). And then say, "Ok, just another 60 more bucks and you can find out what happend". No thanks ubi. Rides over now. You screwed up. I"m done.

#13 User is offline   Phantasmagoria 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

To me, it was worth every bit of the $300+ dollars I have spent for this franchise. Just a matter of opinion I suppose.
ACEN 2012

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users