Anime Central Forums: Greetings, salutations and hello, everybody - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Greetings, salutations and hello, everybody

#1 User is offline   Djm 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 24210

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hello all. I'm David, though some people call me by my initials, Djm. I hope you're doing well. I've been kind of a lurker on the ACen Forums for a disgustingly long time, so I figured I was due to make a thread like this.

This coming ACen will be my fourth. My first ACen was in 2009, and I've been going since. I started going to conventions after leaving the Air Force in 2007.

I'm a native of Detroit, MI, and I'm an old man of 27 years old. I've been into anime since 1995 or so when I first saw Teknoman (Tekkaman Blade) on UPN. Since then, I've watched too much anime to count, even with the help of my page on Anime Planet. My favorites are Gundam, Stand Alone Complex, Ergo Proxy, Kino's Journey, and Bobobo Bo-Bobo. When I do play games, I usually suck, but I don't do too bad at Tekken, Soul Caliber and Mortal Kombat. I consider myself one step above "button-masher" at those games, so you don't have to go...too easy on me. :P

I don't cosplay, but I've done panels before. I did a Toonami Panel at Youmacon and a Sonic panel as well.

Also, I see WWE Extreme Rules is on the Sunday of ACen, so I'll probably be there, too. If you see me in my blue Sonic hoodie at ACen, feel free to say hey.

:)
"The net is vast and infinite"

#2 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hey welvome to the forums. if you like gits, a certain someone will probably rush in here.lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 28 February 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hey welvome to the forums. if you like gits, a certain someone will probably rush in here.lol

YEAH YUUUH. Oh Xeno, you know me too well. :3

Ciao e benvenuto al forum fellow SAC fan!!! ^_^

That certain person is me. :3 WOOOOOT! Another Stand Alone Complex Fan! *cheers* \(^0^)/ woot! :happydance: Dude, Ghost in the Shell and especially Stand Alone Complex is THE STUFF. It's so amazing. :3 Nice to meet you and welcome to the insanity we call the forums! :D And you're a fan of Tekken and Soul Calibur series. HOLLAH! :thumbup:
GHOST IN THE SHELL FANS UNITE!!!!! :3
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#4 User is offline   Djm 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 28 February 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

YEAH YUUUH. Oh Xeno, you know me too well. :3

Ciao e benvenuto al forum fellow SAC fan!!! ^_^

That certain person is me. :3 WOOOOOT! Another Stand Alone Complex Fan! *cheers* \(^0^)/ woot! :happydance: Dude, Ghost in the Shell and especially Stand Alone Complex is THE STUFF. It's so amazing. :3 Nice to meet you and welcome to the insanity we call the forums! :D And you're a fan of Tekken and Soul Calibur series. HOLLAH! :thumbup:
GHOST IN THE SHELL FANS UNITE!!!!! :3

:highfive:

Not enough people appreciate GiTS in all of its incarnations. You're already, as the cool kids say "teh awsuhm". Thanks for stopping by.

#5 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Im watching it now, im gonna be in that club. :D
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#6 User is offline   Djm 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 28 February 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Oh, yes you will, Xeno. Thanks for stopping by. The more, the merrier.

Oh, and any Motoko automatically gets my undying appreciation and respect. Ask around.

#7 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 28 February 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

YEAH DUDE YOU BETTTAAAA. Or I will send you a text every minute of every day to watch GITS. :3 you need to join the cluuuuuuub. ;3

View PostDjm, on 28 February 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Oh, yes you will, Xeno. Thanks for stopping by. The more, the merrier.

Oh, and any Motoko automatically gets my undying appreciation and respect. Ask around.

*high fives* yeah man! Dude you get the stamp of approval for awesomeness. GITS needs more love~ especially good ol' Shirow. GOD his art is so so amazing...I take it you have read the Ghost in the Shell manga as well? :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#8 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Welcome to the forums :3 we will happily boost the awesome in your day.
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#9 User is offline   Djm 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 28 February 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

YEAH DUDE YOU BETTTAAAA. Or I will send you a text every minute of every day to watch GITS. :3 you need to join the cluuuuuuub. ;3

*high fives* yeah man! Dude you get the stamp of approval for awesomeness. GITS needs more love~ especially good ol' Shirow. GOD his art is so so amazing...I take it you have read the Ghost in the Shell manga as well? :)

I have. And I almost NEVER read manga. Most anime I like is usually original and not a manga adaptation.

#10 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Nice! The manga is so good...so philosophical (well all GITS is) but the manga is the core of it all and I absolutely love it. But the art in itself is amazing and distracting (in a good way ^_^). Sometimes I just look at my books for the art. XD And I love the sig by the way. :D

This is a great interview to read especially if you're a huge Shirow and Ghost in the Shell fan. :3

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 28 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

#11 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hello and welcome to the introductions section of the forum. I am 27 years old as well. My anime obsession started with Dragon Ball Z and the original Pokemon. I love the GITS series also. I have everything GITS I'm obsessed with that also, just had to get all the steelbooks....
Cosplay 2014 is a improved Cactuar and something 8-bit Final Fantasy(not cactuar)!
Anime Conventions 2014 AMKE, ACen, Anime Midwest and some random ones

#12 User is offline   Djm 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 28 February 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Nice! The manga is so good...so philosophical (well all GITS is) but the manga is the core of it all and I absolutely love it. But the art in itself is amazing and distracting (in a good way ^_^). Sometimes I just look at my books for the art. XD And I love the sig by the way. :D

This is a great interview to read especially if you're a huge Shirow and Ghost in the Shell fan. :3

I remember reading that interview a while back. Fantastic read. And thanks for noticing the sig. ;)

Hi, Kent. Thanks for posting. I started when DBZ and Sailor Moon were still only syndicated. It wasn't until Teknoman that I really fell in love.

Aside from GiTS, I have a big thing for sci-fi and Mecha. You'll see me at EVERY SINGLE GUNDAM PANEL. And any other mecha panel I can get to.

#13 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostKent, on 28 February 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Hello and welcome to the introductions section of the forum. I am 27 years old as well. My anime obsession started with Dragon Ball Z and the original Pokemon. I love the GITS series also. I have everything GITS I'm obsessed with that also, just had to get all the steelbooks....

View PostDjm, on 28 February 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

I remember reading that interview a while back. Fantastic read. And thanks for noticing the sig. ;)

Hi, Kent. Thanks for posting. I started when DBZ and Sailor Moon were still only syndicated. It wasn't until Teknoman that I really fell in love.

Aside from GiTS, I have a big thing for sci-fi and Mecha. You'll see me at EVERY SINGLE GUNDAM PANEL. And any other mecha panel I can get to.

Can we all just have a huge GITS gathering and like talk GITS and show the world you can solve all its problems through public Security Section 9? :3

#14 User is offline   Djm 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

I approve. Oh, do I ever approve.

#15 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

You guys should come to the GITS photoshoot and we can all talk GITS/meet up and take piccies together of our awesome GITS-fan ness!!!!! :D ^_^

#16 User is offline   Djm 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

All you had to do was say so. Now I'm there. I'm jacked in.

This is already shaping up to the best ACen yet for me.

#17 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Nice! Sounds good :D. The shoot is on Saturday, at 12:30PM at the Loading Docks A so for suuuure both you and Kent should be there!!! :D

#18 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

I guess I'll try putting it in my calender, thats the only way I'm going to remember. (Putting it on calender). I swear I've seen your cosplay at acen previous years.
Cosplay 2014 is a improved Cactuar and something 8-bit Final Fantasy(not cactuar)!
Anime Conventions 2014 AMKE, ACen, Anime Midwest and some random ones

#19 User is offline   Djm 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Barring the Zombie Apocalypse, or the Gundam Experience Panel, you will not be able to keep me away.

Again, if there is a zombie-based apocalyptic event, or one of the Gundam Experience Panels is happening, we may have a problem, but otherwise, it's on like Donkey Kong.

If you've cosplayed as Motoko before, I've probably fanboy-gasmed and taken your picture before.

This post has been edited by Djm: 29 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

#20 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostKent, on 29 February 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

I guess I'll try putting it in my calender, thats the only way I'm going to remember. (Putting it on calender). I swear I've seen your cosplay at acen previous years.

Nice! I hope you can come it should be fun! :D Hm, maybe you have, that would be cool, I've been her for the last two years so probably you have. XD

View PostDjm, on 29 February 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Barring the Zombie Apocalypse, or the Gundam Experience Panel, you will not be able to keep me away.

Again, if there is a zombie-based apocalyptic event, or one of the Gundam Experience Panels is happening, we may have a problem, but otherwise, it's on like Donkey Kong.

If you've cosplayed as Motoko before, I've probably fanboy-gasmed and taken your picture before.

Hahaha, I understand. We all have our obsessions lol. Nice! Fanboy/fangirl-gasm for the win!!! XD

But I hope both of you guys can make it! The photoshoot last year was fun and we all had some solid GITS conversation/fun pictures which was epic. :D

#21 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Welcome to the forums :3

I've lurked for a long time on other forums before and it's so much more fun to be a part of the conversation, no?

Feel free to ask any questions and enjoy!
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#22 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61704

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

hii.:]
welcome, i'm new too.

#23 User is offline   cidwind42 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61749

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

View Postemileighmorgan, on 15 March 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

hii.:]
welcome, i'm new too.

Me too! Welcome this should be fun!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users