• This topic is locked

Cos00 sold to Milanoo Unfortunate turn of events

#1 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Cos00 has long since a supplier for myself and friends of mine's cosplay needs, it has recently come to our (mine mostly after being ripped off) attention that they've since merged with Milanoo, now I'm positive I don't need to go into detail with the story of Milanoo, but I'm here to let you folks know that cos00 is no longer a trustworthy site. (and I have photographic evidence to prove it after receiving both of my orders from them this morning.) If you're going to use premades, please go elsewhere to avoid being scammed, hope this helps some of you folks out.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#2 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

MilaNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(
ar lath ma vhenan

#3 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58893

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:25 AM

oh no, I purchased a full body black suit from milano, should I expect it to be crappy and buy another one from somewhere else?
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

[*]Head Hunter Master Yi [0% Complete]
[*]Darkforge Jarvan IV [0% Complete]

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

#4 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

if its plain then not so much
they are retailing it
not manufacturing it
you could be getting the lowest quality available

milano retails from many manufactures
with a wide range of quality
focusing on low price
and no bench marks or standards to speak of

(edit)
what was said was invalid b/c your likely buying a suit for celi

in witch case this may help

(edit again)
~revers high angle Freddy Mercury face palm~
just added 2+2

(inside info)
the helm in the vid was for him
and i just realized the names were the same youtube/here

This post has been edited by Millions_Knives: 29 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#5 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58893

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

View PostMillions_Knives, on 29 February 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

if its plain then not so much
they are retailing it
not manufacturing it
you could be getting the lowest quality available

milano retails from many manufactures
with a wide range of quality
focusing on low price
and no bench marks or standards to speak of

(edit)
what was said was invalid b/c your likely buying a suit for celi

in witch case this may help

(edit again)
~revers high angle Freddy Mercury face palm~
just added 2+2

(inside info)
the helm in the vid was for him
and i just realized the names were the same youtube/here

Oh man that is so funny, that is a very nice helmet you made there, I wonder where I can get one lol ^^
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

[*]Head Hunter Master Yi [0% Complete]
[*]Darkforge Jarvan IV [0% Complete]

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

#6 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Lesigh, seems it's better to just make cosplay yourself.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#7 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

This hurts me as I ordered a cosplay from them just before Milanoo took over. With no way of knowing how the costume will fit, look or even be complete, I now have to either hope or reorder it and pay a rush order fee. This sucks!
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#8 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 59630

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostTaiyakiOni, on 01 March 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

This hurts me as I ordered a cosplay from them just before Milanoo took over. With no way of knowing how the costume will fit, look or even be complete, I now have to either hope or reorder it and pay a rush order fee. This sucks!

I know the feeling. I've got 4 REALLY good costumes from Cos00 that I bought in the past. I commissioned a cosplay in January from them (not knowing they were going to switch) hearing the news of this terrible TERRIBLE change two days ago I felt like I should email them instantly and see what's going on with my costume (I was hoping maybe it was just in time before the change...)

The email I got --> hi
sorry to keep you waiting so long
the first costume was made with wrong color so ask the tailor to remake a new one
will email you pics in days thanks

Really hoping things will work out somehow... but I'm kinda doubting it considering they realized one of their screwups already. If & when they send pics I'll share. But yeah... since I didn't know of the change, I recommended my friend to buy from them... He bought in the beginning of February when my other friends did (who just got their costumes in and ended up being completely disappointed. The measurements were more than a foot off and the material wasn't all that great...) I'm sad and wondering why Cos00 would do such a thing after being such a great company, that and not giving prior warning or even saying, "All costumes from here on will be made by Milanoo" or "we have now collaborated with Milanoo and will be using their costume makers for some costumes beyond this point." The costume me and my friend bought are both VERY important and expensive. His prop for the cosplay he bought from Cos00 alone is like $300... We plan to wear them to Anime Central and if things don't go our way, I'll have to cancel 2 cosplays on my own end. I wouldn't wear one of my already completed outfits without my partner. It's unfair. I know it's not my fault this happened and there's no way any of us could have really known, but it sure feels like we made a bad decision. Seriously... R.I.P. Cos00. You were great. Milanoo, with your countless mistakes and cheap imitations how did you manage to grab a company like them? >>;

Anime Central 2015 Cosplay:
  • Sinon - Sword Art Online II (Gun Gale Online avatar)
  • Rikka - Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! (School Uniform)

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US or PM me personally.
PMing me is probably the faster way of receiving a response.

#9 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'm going to guess sales, and probably someone uptop of Millanoo offered a lot of money for the company. A real shame too, seems like millan-boo keeps buying up the good places to make their shoddy bad work. I wish you the best of luck on the costumes and hope it turns out okay. Seems sort of silly that they wouldn't atleast let their buyers know what they were doing.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

Pardon the Pause

#10 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

So, I sent Cos00 an email concerning my order I currently have with them;

Spoiler

To which the response I got was;

Spoiler

If they sent it out already then why can't they give me the tracking number right now?

And yeah, I'm really comfortable with them saying that when my friend's cosplay was screwed up to complete hell. We'll see what happens... I just hope by the time it arrives it isn't to late to order a new one.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#11 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Just an update folks, if you have anything coming from them and it's been less than 45 days, open a paypal case and escalate it to a claim immediately, they buckled under the pressure and offered a replacement or a refund, my choice.

#12 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

This just seems so very wrong. The fact that they sent that sort of email, and yes I would question the approach they are taking. :thumbdown:

Pardon the Pause

#13 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

just curious, but how do you know they were sold to milanoo? any google search just brings up this thread.
2015 Cosplay
Elrond's angry face when the hobbits crash the party
Honoka-Dead or Alive Last Roumd
Kongou- Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Rise- Persona 4 Dancing all Night

#14 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Three days prior their website linked directly to Milanoo.com, they had banners for Milanoo everywhere, they had a sign up sheet for deals FROM Milanoo, now mysteriously all that is gone, I think they realize they may have made a terrible mistake. I'm not the only person to have noticed this, half of their costumes linked to Milanoo products as well.

Edit reason: Run on sentence.

This post has been edited by HaruHE: 02 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

#15 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

No! No! NO!

Great now it's back to using random cosplay buyers. I considered this company before I heard this.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#16 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Fujoshi I've heard some pretty good things about Cosplayfu and I can definitely tell you FM-Anime has been good to me, some costumes are hit and miss but both are reputable companies, try one of those if you need something.

#17 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostHaruHE, on 02 March 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Fujoshi I've heard some pretty good things about Cosplayfu and I can definitely tell you FM-Anime has been good to me, some costumes are hit and miss but both are reputable companies, try one of those if you need something.

I haven't heard about FM-Anime but I did heard that Cosplayfu is a sister site to Milanoo >_o BUT! I don't know if it's 100% because it was from 4chan/tumblr a while back.

I've been using Cosplay.com and it's hit or miss; some commissions I did were ok and some were hecka expensive.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#18 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

I have a couple friends who repeatedly use Cosfu, I can't personally speak for them...However I did take my chances and order from them, it'll be too late by the time I get the outfit to tell you if it's good or not unfortunately. Coscom is nice but you have to watch out, some sellers on ebay hang there also and will undercut. However the old saying "You get what you pay for" falls into play here. I have a good feeling about Cosfu though.

#19 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

hrrrmmm but even that said Haruhe, they may not have merged. As knives stated, Milanoo is simply a retailer not a manufacturer. maybe cos00 just changed suppliers. Any supplier from china could be sub par...

for more elaborate ordeals involving costumes, Cosplaymagic is fantastic. I ordered a Jihl from Final Fantasy cosplay there and it looked like the picture. And the picture was egwgwegwgwgwg <3
Some outfits don't look so good in the pictures, and I like that. It means the company is actually using their own pictures and not stealing from google image searches.
2015 Cosplay
Elrond's angry face when the hobbits crash the party
Honoka-Dead or Alive Last Roumd
Kongou- Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Rise- Persona 4 Dancing all Night

#20 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

Well that being said, it's still just as much a reason to stay away from cos00 then.

#21 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Anyone got opinions on HelloCosplay? A friend of mine just bought from them and from what I've heard is mostly good... But still kinda worried if things will work out okay concerning his costumes. What about some place called Procosplay?

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 02 March 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

I haven't heard about FM-Anime but I did heard that Cosplayfu is a sister site to Milanoo >_o BUT! I don't know if it's 100% because it was from 4chan/tumblr a while back.

Just bought from FM-Anime again this past week, have bought from them before a few times and only had one problem. One time one of their wigs got lost in the mail but I told them about it and I got a replacement within 10 days. Otherwise they've shipped out fast and have AMAZING quality cosplays. I've bought several wigs from them and even customized shoes, the shoes got to me within a good month with custom measurements, I was very happy. FM-Anime hasn't ripped me off and has very good quality and true photographs with their stuff. One of the dresses I got from them I paid $105 + shipping for and that dress should have been at least 200+ with how great the quality was and measurements were spot on. I got most costumes from them within at least a month time frame or barely more and some were pretty detailed. Definitely recommend. The wigs too are very soft and they have a variety of really good colors.

Cosplayfu is one I've heard to stay away from it's a bit better than Milanoo from what I've heard but still not very good...

View Postlinlindesu, on 02 March 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

for more elaborate ordeals involving costumes, Cosplaymagic is fantastic. I ordered a Jihl from Final Fantasy cosplay there and it looked like the picture. And the picture was egwgwegwgwgwg <3
Some outfits don't look so good in the pictures, and I like that. It means the company is actually using their own pictures and not stealing from google image searches.

My friend got his costume from CosplayMagic and I absolutely loved the quality of it. Thing is, some of the costumes they sell are UBER expensive. I mean there's some that don't have all that much material that run 200+. Omfg I was looking at that Jihl cosplay it is so pretty *o* I'd recommend them if you are able to dig into your pockets and pay out a bit more. Hows the shipping run with them? I don't really like their wigs but their costumes look fantastic!

For general questions & questions about forum registration -- EMAIL US or PM me personally.

#22 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

I used Hello once, my experience wasn't that great with them but...It WAS partly my fault, so I'm indifferent on them. The outfit I got was too small but I think I had given them old measurements.

#23 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostC2Queen, on 02 March 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

Cosplayfu is one I've heard to stay away from it's a bit better than Milanoo from what I've heard but still not very good...

The problem with Cosplayfu is some of their costumes aren't very accurate. But if you're happy with what you see in the picture, go for it. I've ordered an Alois costume from them and it was very nice. It arrived in exactly two weeks and looked just like the picture.

It was several years ago but I bought from MoonCostumes and it was great. Their selection is pretty small though. Like with Cosplayfu, it arrived in two weeks and was exactly what was pictured.

Here's a list of sites run by Milanoo.

This post has been edited by Santa Finland: 03 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

ACen 2015 Cosplays:
Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) Chef
Aiichorou Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) Maid
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) Regular and Formal
Absol (Pokemon) Gijinka
Alois Trancy (Black Bulter) Red Riding Hood

#24 User is offline   C2Queen 

• Publication Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostHaruHE, on 03 March 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

I used Hello once, my experience wasn't that great with them but...It WAS partly my fault, so I'm indifferent on them. The outfit I got was too small but I think I had given them old measurements.

How was the quality of the costume besides the measurements being off either due to old measurements or screw up?

View PostSanta Finland, on 03 March 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

The problem with Cosplayfu is some of their costumes aren't very accurate. But if you're happy with what you see in the picture, go for it. I've ordered an Alois costume from them and it was very nice. It arrived in exactly two weeks and looked just like the picture.

It was several years ago but I bought from MoonCostumes and it was great. Their selection is pretty small though. Like with Cosplayfu, it arrived in two weeks and was exactly what was pictured.

Here's a list of sites run by Milanoo.

Thats good to hear you had a good experience with them. It doesn't seem like the best place, but I guess it's good if you want what you see in pictures. Overall it fit well and everything? Never heard of Mooncostumes o.o Oh my god Milanoo runs a lot of stuff... I had my suspicions about a few of those sites (especially VictoriasBox) You think Cos00 is learning now that it's not good to be affiliated and or run by Milanoo? They seem to not be advertising it all that much and seem to really be displeased with the tailors mistakes... Hopefully somehow Cos00 can pull out of this mess and go back to the way it was.

This post has been edited by C2Queen: 03 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

#25 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

We'll see, I'm just not apt to use them anymore, a lot of planning went into the groups I have to now back out of so I'm more mad about that than anything. Overall for Hello the quality was good, and I might try them again someday.

#26 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostC2Queen, on 03 March 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

Thats good to hear you had a good experience with them. It doesn't seem like the best place, but I guess it's good if you want what you see in pictures. Overall it fit well and everything? Never heard of Mooncostumes o.o

Well, I only bought it for the jacket and bow tie so size wasn't a big problem. The rest didn't fit but that's because I didn't look at the measurements correctly. I already had an Alois cosplay, but I completely failed at making the jacket. I was so frustrated I found it better to order the costume for the jacket and the bow tie (I did make a bow tie but wasn't too pleased with it). I was surprised it has actual functioning pockets. I expected it to be just flaps made to look like pockets.

I do hear their wigs aren't very good but I have never bought any from them. I get all my wigs from ebay or Arda.

The Mooncostumes outfit fit perfectly. However it was 2008 when I ordered. That might not mean anything now as cosplay stores have been known to change over time. They use the same photos as CosplayMagic which makes me think they have the same supplier.

Oh I just remembered another good one, Fanplusfriend. I haven't bought any cosplay from them but I have several of their lolita dresses and the quality is great. I'm planning to buy Ciel's ballgown from them when I get a job (sort of a reward). It's an overdone cosplay but it's so pretty, I don't care.

This post has been edited by Santa Finland: 03 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

ACen 2015 Cosplays:
Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) Chef
Aiichorou Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) Maid
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) Regular and Formal
Absol (Pokemon) Gijinka
Alois Trancy (Black Bulter) Red Riding Hood

#27 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Out of curiosity, rather than using an online retailer, why not try a local tailor's/seamstress' place? They do the same, for roughly the same price, you can check on progress, and you know it'll be professional quality. Only thing I can think of drawback-wise is needing a pattern (or pattern base) and the fabric(s) they'll need, and possibly crankier older ladies looking down their noses at you for being "different" (though lying and saying it's for theatre costuming usually makes them less scowly thank you Mz. Crabarse at JoAnn for teaching me the hard way ^^d).

Or alternately, commissioning off these forums? We already know we have some really talented people out here (Knives, for example), so maybe ask around for someone willing -- meet-up, ask to see some of their past work/a demonstration, and who knows, maybe you'll have made a new costuming buddy alongside getting to see your cosplay made locally & reassuringly where you can know for sure it's /right/. This year wouldn't be feasible (3 panels, Link's tunic/hat, and a doll is a bit much to mix commissioning in on), but maybe next year I could offer doing that here, even.
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#28 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

My nearest seamstress happens to live four hours drive from me unfortunately, not to mention the nearest jo-ann's is over 70 miles from me, which is a real drag. I'm also on a tighter budget than I'd like to be, trust me I look for alternatives but costs keep me from seeking much too far. It's all in what it costs, I know you get what you pay for, but sometimes it can't be helped.

#29 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostSanta Finland, on 03 March 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

The many Milanoos
http://www.milanoo.com/
http://www.miccostumes.com/

And it all makes sense now. (Yes, I have serious beef with miccostumes. They used one of my daughter's photos [that was not on any form of search engine, mind you.] in one of their videos without asking permission [and then mislabeled it.. ffs. I still have the video ripped on my hard drive.). Not only that, but they make forum posts like this, then apologize with this...and continue to belittle larger cosplayers (while not even labelling their characters right.) I've recently seen them offer to send a prominent cosplayer one of their costumes to review, just to get that glowing gold sticker. Shady as all get-out.)

As for cos00... that is a damn shame they caved in as such.

#30 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

What the....That's awful! Did you get them to get your daughter's picture down?? You certainly have a right to be angry after something like that, good on the warning about them though, this should probably be better noted as a "Stay away from this list" thread now, hope you got it all worked out with them. ><

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users