Anime Central Forums: Registration Badge Mailing Updates - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Registration Badge Mailing Updates look here to see status updates of badge mailing ...

#61 User is offline   ever 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 18990

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Hey there fans! If you opted to have your badges mailed for the 2012 convention, they are on their way. As we release waves of badges keep an eye on this thread for all the details. We'll be announcing all waves, with specifics, as they are dropped off at the Post Office. As promised, badges are being sent out according to tier deadlines. All badge waves will be completed shortly after the Tier 3 close on March 15th. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Registration Team at registration@acen.org.
... never found an apple I could resist ...

2012-present : Department Head of Registration
2010-2011 : Assistant Department Head of Registration
2009 : General Registration Staff

#62 User is offline   ever 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

View Postchii2626, on 09 March 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

I have a question, I'm sorry if you have already answered it a bunch of times. I know you guys are waiting on the badges etc.

I was just wondering if I pre-reg at last years acen am I apart of tier 1? and have you sent out any of tier 1 yet? I just want to make sure I havnt missed it or its gotten lost in the mail.

Thank you!!!

UPDATE

I just got to look at my badge on the website and I bought my badge for this year at last years con. I paid the extra money to have it mailed, and for some reason it says that I have will call. This is the 2nd year in a row where I have paid to have my badge mailed to me and I had to pick it up at the con. I was never given my money back for not getting it mailed to me, and I was promised that it wouldn't happen again this year.

I'm hoping this can be fixed and I will receieve my badge in the first tier because that is when I paid for it to be mailed and why I did it in advance.

I'm not mad i'm just a little unhappy but I understand that stuff happens. I sent an email to the address you have above I'm just hoping to get this fixed so I can have my badge mailed to me in tier 1 like I paid for.

I just sent you an email about this.
Melinda Hayden
Registration Department Head

#63 User is offline   ever 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

View PostSanta Finland, on 09 March 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

I was Tier 2 but I was one of the people who had to add-on mailing later. Will my badge be sent out with other Tier 2 badges?

Adding badge mailing would have pushed you back to a different wave. However, we intend that all badges will be mailed out shortly after the Tier3 close on March 15th.

Melinda Hayden

#64 User is offline   kotomichi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61591

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:39 AM

View Postever, on 09 March 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

I just sent you an email about this.
Melinda Hayden

I would actually like an email about this as well. I paid extra to have it mailed and now it's saying Will Call? Could I have an explanation as to why this would happen?
ACen 2013
Hunny Mitsukuni (Ouran), Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach), Conan Edogawa (Case Closed!), Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji), Haku Ha (Naruto), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2013 Cons: Anime Milwaukee, C2E2, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, Wizard's World, Kollision Con

#65 User is offline   ever 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

View Postkotomichi, on 10 March 2012 - 02:39 AM, said:

I would actually like an email about this as well. I paid extra to have it mailed and now it's saying Will Call? Could I have an explanation as to why this would happen?

Good Morning,

If you could please email us at registration@acen.org with your full name and email address we can look into it for you.

Melinda Hayden

#66 User is offline   Mullenkamp 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 495

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

Eek, I just realized that at the time I pre-regged, neither my billing or shipping address on file on the site were correct. I pre-regged at the roadshow at Youmacon, and I'm pretty sure I gave my correct billing/shipping info at that time, seeing as I paid with a credit card. I didn't think to look to see if there was a different address listed for me on the site itself, since I didn't touch it.

Youmacon road show puts me in tier 2, which sounds like it hasn't gone out yet, so I've just corrected my on-site info to include only my current billing/shipping address. Anything else I need to do or anyone I should email to make certain that the badge gets sent to the right place? (If all else fails, I think mail forwarding still applies, though I moved from the old "shipping" address over a year ago now - I'd just get it extremely late. Edit: was just informed by girlfriend that she had gotten an email saying our forwarding was about to be discontinued, so I *wouldn't* get it if it was sent to the address that was on file until this morning. So yeah, if there's anything else I can do to make sure it's being sent to the correct address, please let me know.)

This post has been edited by Mullenkamp: 10 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

#67 User is offline   trick 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61510

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooo :drool: :drool: :w00t: :w00t: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

#68 User is offline   ever 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostMullenkamp, on 10 March 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Eek, I just realized that at the time I pre-regged, neither my billing or shipping address on file on the site were correct. I pre-regged at the roadshow at Youmacon, and I'm pretty sure I gave my correct billing/shipping info at that time, seeing as I paid with a credit card. I didn't think to look to see if there was a different address listed for me on the site itself, since I didn't touch it.

Youmacon road show puts me in tier 2, which sounds like it hasn't gone out yet, so I've just corrected my on-site info to include only my current billing/shipping address. Anything else I need to do or anyone I should email to make certain that the badge gets sent to the right place? (If all else fails, I think mail forwarding still applies, though I moved from the old "shipping" address over a year ago now - I'd just get it extremely late. Edit: was just informed by girlfriend that she had gotten an email saying our forwarding was about to be discontinued, so I *wouldn't* get it if it was sent to the address that was on file until this morning. So yeah, if there's anything else I can do to make sure it's being sent to the correct address, please let me know.)

Good Evening,

Unfortunately your badge was placed in the mail early this afternoon. However, we do mail all badges out First Class Mail and the USPS will be returning it to our office due to your change of address forwarding expiring. Once we receive it back, we will send it back out to you. In the meantime, please email your full name, email, order number and your *new* address to the Registration Team at registration@acen.org and we will keep an eye for it.

Melinda Hayden

#69 User is offline   trick 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

how soon do you think till teir 3 badges are being shiped befor or after the 15 of these mounth JW

#70 User is offline   Mullenkamp 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 495

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

View Postever, on 10 March 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Good Evening,

Unfortunately your badge was placed in the mail early this afternoon. However, we do mail all badges out First Class Mail and the USPS will be returning it to our office due to your change of address forwarding expiring. Once we receive it back, we will send it back out to you. In the meantime, please email your full name, email, order number and your *new* address to the Registration Team at registration@acen.org and we will keep an eye for it.

Melinda Hayden

All right, done, thanks!

I hope it does actually return. Up until we moved out, we were still getting mail for former residents ourselves. :P

#71 User is offline   ever 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

View Posttrick, on 11 March 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

how soon do you think till teir 3 badges are being shiped befor or after the 15 of these mounth JW

Good afternoon,

We announced yesterday that we have actually started mailing Tier3 badges out; anything purchased before February 1st has been sent.

Melinda Hayden

#72 User is offline   MasterHavik 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61571

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

The waiting is killing me.
Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

#73 User is offline   trick 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

hey i orderd my badges on the 31st of jan and you said that the teir 3 badges all up to the 1st of feb have been sent out how long ago did they get shiped and were they shiped from IL or a def state cuz if its from a def state i well give it another 2 days and thats it

#74 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

If you read any of the posts Ever has written you would note that groups have not gone out yet.
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#75 User is offline   MasterHavik 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

So what is after Tier 3 anyway?

#76 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

nothing :), Tier 3 was the last tier of pre-registration, everything else is at con/will call
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#77 User is offline   trick 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

View Postever, on 11 March 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Good afternoon,

We announced yesterday that we have actually started mailing Tier3 badges out; anything purchased before February 1st has been sent.

Melinda Hayden

then what does that mean or am i reading these wrong

View PostPurplegodess, on 15 March 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

If you read any of the posts Ever has written you would note that groups have not gone out yet.

read above

#78 User is offline   MasterHavik 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostPurplegodess, on 15 March 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

nothing :), Tier 3 was the last tier of pre-registration, everything else is at con/will call
Really? So, I gotta wait until the con to get mine? I order mine on the 23rd of Feb. And it said mine was tier 3.

#79 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 21692

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

View Posttrick, on 16 March 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

then what does that mean or am i reading these wrong

read above

Hi trick,

What Purplegodess is referring to is the post made by ever in the "Your Badge is in the Mail!" thread. We have not mailed out group badges yet. Please watch the "Your Badge is in the Mail!" thread for updates for when the rest of the badges are mailed out.

View Postever, on 10 March 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Be on the lookout for all badges that were ordered at Youmacon, Kollision Con, all of Tier2, and Tier3 badges that were purchased prior to February 1st (except for kids, groups, and out-of-country). They have been sent.

We ship all badges First-Class Mail via USPS, which according to their website is delivered “within 3 days in most cases”. If you do not receive your badge after one week, please contact the Registration Team at registration@acen.org. They will be more than happy to look into what went wrong and find resolution for you.

Melanie Gillies
Assistant Dept. Head of Registration
Questions about Registration? Email us at registration@ACen.org

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2011-present
Staff MVP Award 2012

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#80 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostMasterHavik, on 15 March 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

So what is after Tier 3 anyway?

View PostMasterHavik, on 16 March 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

Really? So, I gotta wait until the con to get mine? I order mine on the 23rd of Feb. And it said mine was tier 3.

Hi MasterHavik,

After Tier 3 we have "Tier 4" from March 16th – April 15th. These badges are for will call only and cannot have mailing added to them. As ever announced before,

View Postever, on 09 March 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Hey there fans! If you opted to have your badges mailed for the 2012 convention, they are on their way. As we release waves of badges keep an eye on this thread for all the details. We'll be announcing all waves, with specifics, as they are dropped off at the Post Office. As promised, badges are being sent out according to tier deadlines. All badge waves will be completed shortly after the Tier 3 close on March 15th. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Registration Team at registration@acen.org.

______

on Friday, March 9th: Be on the lookout for all badges that were ordered at-con last May and Tier1 (except for kids, groups, and out-of-country) badges. They have been sent.
______

on Saturday, March 10th: Be on the lookout for all badges that were ordered at Youmacon, Kollision Con, all of Tier2, and Tier3 badges that were purchased prior to February 1st (except for kids, groups, and out-of-country). They have been sent.
______

on Wednesday, March 14th: Be on the lookout for all badges that were ordered at Ohayocon, Anime Milwaukee, and Tier3 badges that were purchased prior to March 1st (except for kids, groups, and out-of-country). They have been sent.

If you ordered your badge with mailing on Feb. 23, your badge should be in the mail and you should be receiving it soon. If you have not received it by March 21, please email us to let us know.

Melanie Gillies

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Staff MVP Award 2012

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#81 User is offline   MasterHavik 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

View Postwolfedragon, on 16 March 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

Hi MasterHavik,

After Tier 3 we have "Tier 4" from March 16th – April 15th. These badges are for will call only and cannot have mailing added to them. As ever announced before,

If you ordered your badge with mailing on Feb. 23, your badge should be in the mail and you should be receiving it soon. If you have not received it by March 21, please email us to let us know.

Melanie Gillies
Okay. i'll keep you up to date man. You guys have been a big help.

#82 User is offline   MetalGravy 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 1562

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

I ordered mine about a week before you, and received it on the 17th. I don't know if that helps.
I am a vampire! I am a zombie! I AM A VAMBIE!!! I CANNOT BE STOPPED!

-Deadite Morbius, Marvel Zombies 3.4.

Pirates>ninja's Faile and her Vagrants are nothing!!!!! YARRRRR!

#83 User is offline   MarinoffR 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61729

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

I think will call is when you pick it up at the convention
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

#84 User is offline   GXP_agent_Zack 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2537

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

Hello-

I have an urgent concern over badges. I'm assuming the problem I am having is rare and maybe unique to me. I have emailed Melanie, but she may need a greater explanation of the problem I am having. Can someone from Acen registration staff send me a PM as soon as possible?

Thanks,
-Z-

"It doesn't matter who we were. It only matters who we are."

#85 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostGXP_agent_Zack, on 21 March 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

Hello-

I have an urgent concern over badges. I'm assuming the problem I am having is rare and maybe unique to me. I have emailed Melanie, but she may need a greater explanation of the problem I am having. Can someone from Acen registration staff send me a PM as soon as possible?

Thanks,
-Z-

Hello,

I am looking at your email right now and am looking into it. You should receive a reply in a little bit.

Melanie Gillies

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Staff MVP Award 2012

#86 User is offline   GXP_agent_Zack 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2537

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Thanks a ton for your help and fast reply.

From,
Zack

"It doesn't matter who we were. It only matters who we are."

#87 User is offline   L0L33TA 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9243

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hey! Sorry if I've missed this.. but have the group badges been mailed yet?
~2012 ACen Cosplays ~
Bioshock 2- Little Sister
Borderlands- Mad Moxxi ??
Batman Series- Poison Ivy
X-Men- Dark Phoenix

Cosplay.com Profile!

#88 User is offline   ldychaos 

• Registration
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 19374

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostL0L33TA, on 21 March 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

Hey! Sorry if I've missed this.. but have the group badges been mailed yet?

Groups have not been mailed yet.

View Postever, on 21 March 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

We are most pleased to announce that we have just returned from the USPS Palatine Processing and Distribution Center where we dropped off the rest of Tier3 Badges, all Kits Kids Badges, and all Groups of One Person.

The ONLY thing that we have left to mail are Groups with MORE than One Person in them. We expect to finish them this weekend to be mailed early next week. We are taking a bit more time with them to verify that every group member is included in the shipment. However, please keep in mind that group members added AFTER the group was originally paid for are sent separately from the rest as they are under two different orders.

We ship all badges First-Class Mail via USPS, which according to their website is delivered “within 3 days in most cases”. If you do not receive your badge after one week, please contact the Registration Team at registration@acen.org. They will be more than happy to look into what went wrong and find resolution for you.

Keep an eye on the forums for the official announcement for group mailing.

Charlene Vazquez
Assistant Department Head of Registration

This post has been edited by ldychaos: 22 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

2009-10: Reg Staff
2011: Reg Supervisor/Reg ADH 2nd
2012: Reg ADH 2nd/Reg ADH

#89 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

I have to say, I'm kind of upset that groups are being mailed last like this. I understood, in past years, because you weren't mailing them in order of when they were ordered, but this year you were mailing badges based on when they were ordered, so I don't understand why we all have to wait so long, regardless of when we registered. I'll admit, I'm not all that familiar with how you guys have things organized, but since my group ordered our badges at the end of Tier 2, shouldn't they, or at least the labels for them, already be with all of the other tier 2 badges? I understand mailing them last to make sure that you have everyone's badges together, but why can't you mail the badges of the groups who ordered their badges during Tier 1 registration at the end of Tier 1 mailing, Tier 2 group badges at the end of Tier 2 badge mailing, and so on and so forth? It's really frustrating, especially when badges are already being sent out late and I have about 20-something people asking me about their badges. Obviously it's too late for you guys to do anything about this now, but just a thought for next year.
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#90 User is offline   ever 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostKaay-chan, on 23 March 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

I have to say, I'm kind of upset that groups are being mailed last like this. I understood, in past years, because you weren't mailing them in order of when they were ordered, but this year you were mailing badges based on when they were ordered, so I don't understand why we all have to wait so long, regardless of when we registered. I'll admit, I'm not all that familiar with how you guys have things organized, but since my group ordered our badges at the end of Tier 2, shouldn't they, or at least the labels for them, already be with all of the other tier 2 badges? I understand mailing them last to make sure that you have everyone's badges together, but why can't you mail the badges of the groups who ordered their badges during Tier 1 registration at the end of Tier 1 mailing, Tier 2 group badges at the end of Tier 2 badge mailing, and so on and so forth? It's really frustrating, especially when badges are already being sent out late and I have about 20-something people asking me about their badges. Obviously it's too late for you guys to do anything about this now, but just a thought for next year.

Good Evening,

We set out at the opening of registration for ACen 2012 with every intention of shipping group badges along with the non-group badges by their purchase dates. In fact, we had printed the labels for them at the same time as we printed all the others. Unfortunately things conspired against us and our plans were blown apart by what happened with the printer. It was not just group badges that had to be held until the end, but kids badges as well. We were only able to accomplish the kids badges because there are a LOT less kids badges being sent than group badges, well more than a thousand, and we were able to finish assembling them in twenty minutes just prior to us dropping the last wave out at midnight on Tuesday night. We apologize for inconvenience this has caused you, but I hope this better explains why they have not yet been sent. The team is working hard on completing them and I expect that they will be shipping shortly.

Melinda Hayden

This post has been edited by ever: 23 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users