• This topic is locked

Cheap AIrfare From Boston to Grand Rapids where I'm meeting a friend

#1 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60878

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

Okay so I know that between Boston (where I live) and Grand Rapids technically isn't to Chicago area, but I'm trying to find some cheap plane tickets to get me to Grand Rapids, where I'll be meeting a friend, and they'll we'll drive out to Rosemont like that. I've gotten the same $277.20 from AirTran and Continental/United. Does anyone know of any fares cheaper than that? Anyone got any 'buddy passes' or the like to share? xD
Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' Anime Boston 2014, ACen 2014, and Otakon 2014!!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#2 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

What about southwest? I always fly american myself and they always seem to be reasonably priced.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#3 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

use kayak.com itll track all of the airlines and run your rates through the top outside sites at the same time
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#4 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 13 February 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

What about southwest? I always fly american myself and they always seem to be reasonably priced.

It's funny.. SouthWest actually sends me to AirTran.

As for Kayak, I dunno lol.

Anyway, I was actually thinking of going from Boston to Grand Rapids as a one way, and then do another one way from ORD or Midway back to Boston. It saves me like $55 and it saves my friend driving and getting up super fooking early to get me to the flight in time.. Hmm...

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 13 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Anime fo lyfe!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#5 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on 13 February 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

use kayak.com itll track all of the airlines and run your rates through the top outside sites at the same time

http://www.bing.com/travel/

is the one I use (formally farecast.com)
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#6 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostShiggitay, on 13 February 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

It's funny.. SouthWest actually sends me to AirTran.

As for Kayak, I dunno lol.

Anyway, I was actually thinking of going from Boston to Grand Rapids as a one way, and then do another one way from ORD or Midway back to Boston. It saves me like $55 and it saves my friend driving and getting up super fooking early to get me to the flight in time.. Hmm...

Southwest bought Air Tran and is very slowly intergrating them. If it refers you to AirTran it meansthat the city you are flying from is a non intergrated city at this time.

This post has been edited by jsieczkar: 13 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#7 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

View Postjsieczkar, on 13 February 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Southwest bought Air Tran and is very slowly intergrating them. If it refers you to AirTran it meansthat the city you are flying from is a non intergrated city at this time.

Interesting... I have a friend working for AirTran... Hmmm
Anime fo lyfe!

#8 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

My family doesn't really have carrier loyalty, though that may change for myself after a good experience flying with Delta after another carrier royally screwed our family over.

I've flown Air Tran once, they were okay, though their route structure was horrible and routed nearly everything via Atlanta, though ironically, our return trip was Boston-Midway Chicago. Not sure what will happen with the merger, since I've heard some say Southwest is cheap and fun but others say it's mayhem.

As for ORD or Midway back to Boston, whatever's cheapest and whatever carrier has a time that works the best, IMO- not sure if I'd go with O'Hare's proximity and mayhem or Midway's distance but less likelihood for delays since there are a lot fewer planes to deal with...
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#9 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

I always fly Southwest for low prices.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#10 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostGoldeneyeuro, on 14 February 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

My family doesn't really have carrier loyalty, though that may change for myself after a good experience flying with Delta after another carrier royally screwed our family over.

I've flown Air Tran once, they were okay, though their route structure was horrible and routed nearly everything via Atlanta, though ironically, our return trip was Boston-Midway Chicago. Not sure what will happen with the merger, since I've heard some say Southwest is cheap and fun but others say it's mayhem.

As for ORD or Midway back to Boston, whatever's cheapest and whatever carrier has a time that works the best, IMO- not sure if I'd go with O'Hare's proximity and mayhem or Midway's distance but less likelihood for delays since there are a lot fewer planes to deal with...

KMDW delays are actually worse then KORD. On a good weather day KORD has an acceptance rate of 120 an hour during bad weather (depending on the wind) it at worst will go down to 90. KMDW's acceptance rate on a good weather day is around 30 on a bad weather day it turns into a one runway operation and it can drop into the low teens.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#11 User is offline   Akushou 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 12064

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

If you're a student (I think it might only apply to college students, though), then I would suggest looking at Student Universe. They have pretty good discounts on airline tickets, but like I said, you have to be a student at the time you're buying the ticket.
ACen 2014 Costume Lineup

- Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha) | 99% complete
- Pyrrha Nikos (RWBY)| 60% complete
- Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!) | 100% complete

#12 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

If you have a rewards membership you can always use those points to reduce or get free service on airlines, but it depends on the membership/etc. Or you can just use the card on discount days in certain areas.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users