Anime Central Forums: I've been here a while but... - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I've been here a while but... I don't think I made one of these threads....

#1 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60878

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Sup all! Shiggitay here. I've been a member of these here ACen forums for some time now, but I don't think I've properly introduced myself.

I wanna start off by firstly saying that anime is awesome, and it's become quite a part of my life. It'd be hard to 'ween' myself off of it if that day ever comes. I've been a hardcore fan since 2000 when Sailor Moon was on Toonami (I sorta feel old remembering Toonami, and I hope some of you younger fans know what it is/was). At that time they had seasons 3 (S) and 4 (SuperS) airing, though SuperS was on first when I started watching, and it confused the shittake outta me, since the storyline was backwards. I then discovered the wonderfulness of fansubs. I restarted SM in the original Japanese, and I've not looked back.

Secondly, I almost exclusively watch (with few exceptions) subbed anime only. The exceptions would be the Miyazaki movies, and maybe some select TV shows. I highly dislike the edits done to the English adaptations (whether they're uncut or not), with Sailor Moon being my most hated amongst such. Same goes for Dragon Ball (Z/GT/Kai) but I won't get into that here.

Thirdly, and lastly for now I'm new to ACen, but not new to anime or anime cons as a whole. Here are the cons I've been to:

2009:
Anime Boston
Otakon

2010:
Anime Boston
Otakon
New York Anime Festival / New York ComicCon

2011:
Anime Boston
Otakon
New York Anime Festival / New York ComicCon

So far planned for 2012:
Anime Boston
Anime Central
Otakon
MAYBE NYAF/NYCC again depending on the guests. I might give in to go just because my friends are going to be there, and to visit NYC again.

2006 would have been my first anime con ever, and my first ACen, but I couldn't afford to come out from where I was living in Connecticut. I wish I had.

Anyway, feel free to leave me a line or two on my AIM (listed in my profile) or my Skype (listed in my profile). If you add me on either account please say you're from here so I don't think you're a spam bot or something lol.

Shiggitay, out!

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 11 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' Anime Boston 2015, ACen 2015 and Otakon 2015!!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#2 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Welcome! :)
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ciao e benvenuto al forum!!!!!!!
^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#4 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Haha thanks for the warm welcome........ again.
Anime fo lyfe!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#5 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

WELCOME! No worries I've been here for a good amount of time... about 4.5yrs and never introduced myself so its peachy
ACen 15"
Utsuho 100%
Siesta 00 100%

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#6 User is offline   Phantasmagoria 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17773

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:44 AM

Hello fellow con goer
ACEN 2012
Facebook: http://www.facebook....alexandriaburns

FRIDAY: Chii (Chobits) SATURDAY: Yuna (Final Fantasy X) SATURDAY NIGHT: TripleSix (Soap Bubble)

#7 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostPhantasmagoria, on 10 February 2012 - 02:44 AM, said:

Hello fellow con goer

Hi hi! :)
Anime fo lyfe!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users