• This topic is locked

Informal Poll Please respond!! Curious!

#1 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 1323

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Something I am curious on as everyone visits the con every year and we have that huge list of panels. Do you as Attendees or Panelists like seeing multiple panels on the same topic run by different groups? For example lets say their were two Naruto panels, would you as a fan of Naruto just go to one and then ignore the other or would you go to both? This is just something informal I am curious on. Please sound off in the replies below, be honest. =)
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org || Panel Programming FAQ

#2 User is offline   skyrune83 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29775

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

It all really depends on the schedule and the panel descriptions. For example, if there are 5 Naruto panels that all sound entertaining, and they do not conflict in the schedule with any other panels I want to attend, then I might just go to all 5.
www.astroth.com
www.ironpawn.com

You may know me as:
Dave Strider: Homestuck
Red Mage: Final Fantasy
Matsushita: Angel Beats
Lil' Slugger (Shounen Bat): Paranoia Agent
J.P. (Junpei): Digimon Frontier

#3 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Depends on the topics involved, really, and how much material and/or discussion can go into each topic. If I'm a big fan of said subject, I may not be against seeing both panels - but that's if I know there would be some measure of variety between the two.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#4 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the input, I am mainly seeing is it worth having multiples on one topic, since obviously every panelists group may have a different take on it the subject matter vs trying to have one of everything at the convention to offer more of a variety. Keep the insights coming everyone, thanks!

#5 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Personally, I feel that I'm seeing the same panels by the same people every year. I mean, do we need multiple panels about the same anime? Why not just one collaboration panel, just longer?

I think it's all about the approach of the subject at the panel as well. if it's a different approach from year to year then I can understand that same panel every year.

Unfortunately, I haven't attended many panels other than the ones I have hosted in the past. I haven't seen many panels in the past few years that I have been interested in. I am more likely to attend panels that feature Japanese guests. That's more of interest to me than any American guest.

I think the other major problem(which may be out of Panel Programming's control) is schedule conflicts. Many times, I find that most of the panels i wish to attend, or find of interest are all scheduled at the same time.
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#6 User is offline   Goldeneyeuro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 58858

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

I would be open to multiple panels if they cover different aspects of a show and can all stand alone as separate panels. I feel like at a con, there's only a limited amount of time and space available to allocate to panelists and to devote a huge amount of time to one fandom or a certain aspect of one fandom isn't something that sits well with me as a good use of time. As a rule of thumb, I just say that one panel a day dedicated to a certain fandom would be the max acceptable.

It would depend on the subject matter and time whether I choose to attend multiple panels in the same fandom. If there was a schedule conflict and one of the panels was of a fandom that I have already gone to earlier, I would most likely go to the panel of the fandom that I have not gone to.
Never be average... - myself.
When life has no purpose, you're dead already. - Kiba from Wolf's Rain

Planned ACen 2K14 Cosplays:
Lavi (2nd outfit)- D. Gray Man, Lio Izumi- Full Moon wo Sagashite, Rei Ryugazaki (nightclub outfit)- Free!, Kamui Gakupo (Fate/Rebirth outfit)- Vocaloid

My Flickr- click for my photos

#7 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'm more likely to go to panels on the same topic/anime if they are in some way different from one another. If two panels sound basically the same, I pick the one with the more convenient time/location.
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#8 User is offline   catbert 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 51911

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

As a panelist, I try to structure my panel so it is less about a particular show/game/manga since, in my experience, those types of panels attract people who are already pretty familiar with the subject matter. Lots of fun can be had by sharing in fond memories with like-minded individuals, but it seems a bit redundant when many of the attendees already know the information being presented. I do the light novel panel because I want to expose people to something they likely have little experience with here in the US but is a massive player in Japan and is growing exponentially. I'd like to see more light novels licensed and translated, so I am trying to make people more aware that they exist. In an ideal world, I would get more people interested and talking, which would catch the eye of publishers so they could consider it a viable market to participate in. So I try to grab attendees attention by dropping titles that say "Hey, if you liked watching Haruhi, maybe you'll like reading the original novels or others that are similar."

Rather than having multiple panels on a single topic, I'd like to see more panels with topics that span a wider breadth than hypersensitive to a single project. I probably wouldn't go to a panel on, say, One Piece or Bleach, but I would go to one that compared the way different manga artists approach telling their stories, or one that looked at how different methods are applied to anime versus manga in their narrative and visual presentation.
Founder of the doujin circle flowchart media
Current project: HERO Science Fiction Visual Novel
Twitter feed @FlowchartMedia

#9 User is offline   ACen Guy Brown 

• ACen Guy
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 752

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

I pretty much agree with everything catbert said above. Except! I see no problem with having two panels that cover the same subject as long as the approach to the subject is unique in each panel. Although panels solely about an anime series or manga tend to be long fan rants on what they like/dislike about the series, I don't think they should be entirely phased out. I think that there could be a great panel created about one series that could entertain and inform. I however don't bother with these types of panels because they simply hold no interest to me, but I wouldn't go so far as completely discrediting them as far as the mass ACen population goes. I know we cover topics that have already been done before, but our approach is usually different than most. We cater to the late night 18+ crowd. We have developed a niche over the years and have been able to approve upon that as time has passed. I believe panelist need time to grow and doing a presentation about their favorite series is a great starting point for a lot of them. Don't throw out a panel just because it is focused on one series, throw one out because they are doing nothing creative or fun with it.
ACen Guys on Facebook

UPCOMING PANELS
ACen 2015: ???

#10 User is offline   Lizzykun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 9613

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostZerox20, on 08 February 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Something I am curious on as everyone visits the con every year and we have that huge list of panels. Do you as Attendees or Panelists like seeing multiple panels on the same topic run by different groups? For example lets say their were two Naruto panels, would you as a fan of Naruto just go to one and then ignore the other or would you go to both? This is just something informal I am curious on. Please sound off in the replies below, be honest. =)

I honestly don't go to many panels at cons, mainly because I end up running between too many cosplay gatherings. Unless the panel description sounds out of this world, I would probably end up choosing one over the other.
"Not having money is like a chronic nasal inflammation. We have to get along with poverty while keeping our distance from it. We have to keep the feeling lukewarm."
-Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#11 User is offline   Desterion 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57337

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

Some things as a set topic like having 4 naruto panels is a little much. I can see having 2-3 of the same run by different groups because they are different experiences. Many of the ones on a specific series or information are the same panel year after year. Multi topic things or gameshows tend to vary greatly by the group a lot more so than single topic. I go to multiple panels on the same thing but they do have to be run by different people. There are also panels I avoid because I know they're run by the same people every year. I personally feel single topics are too constricting as a panelist and the ones I run are based on a much broader subject.
'13 cosplays- FF 1/Tactics- White Mage, Fate/Zero- Iskandar/Rider, Natsume Yuujuncho- Natsume, Little Busters [VN version]- Kengo Miyazawa

#12 User is offline   MeliTza 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60320

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

I will go to multiple panels on the same topic, if they're run by different people and the times aren't conflicting. I agree with the previous posts - you probably can't ever have too many game / activity panels. But the ones about ONE particular anime, I'd say limiting to 2-3 is good. And even if it's a really popular singular panel, I'm not sure I'd support running that multiple times so much as just putting that in a larger room... If it's about an entire genre (like Shounan Ai, or etc.), then I'd say just take a close look at the outlines they provide, and as long as they aren't overlapping, there probably can't be too many of those either...

Honestly, I wish groups putting on panels had snazzy production names tagged with the panels, so I could recognize and easily follow a particular crew to ALL their panels. Some panels are just NOT run in a format that I like (i.e. the "SCREAM WHEN I SHOW YOU PICTURES OF YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER ZOMGGGGG!!!!one!11!") - but sometimes, I will go to a panel where it is EXTREMELY informative, and I'd probably enjoy following that person around to ALL their panels regardless of the topic... Usually I try to jump the panelists afterwards and ask them if they're doing any other panels, but still, tags in the brochure would be nice... ^_^

Hellsing: Behind the Blood
Hellsing Hentai After Dark
How to Con, Corral & Convert your friends into a Steampunk Crew
Anime Captions Against Humanity

#13 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

^ This

I also think that maybe having an optional survey at the end of a panel wouldn't be a bad idea. as people leave just hand them a survey card so they can input their panel experience. This can help weed out panels that aren't very popular or run well.

Multiple panels aren't a bad idea, as long as there is no schedule conflict, but i think older panels that have been run succesfully for longer and have done well at keeping fresh should get preferential treatment as far as scheduling goes since they already have a following and have been providing panels to the con for longer.

Allowing panelists to form a group name and have it posted on the schedule or at least in the acen book isn't a bad idea as being able to track your favorite panelist group is a good idea because if you like the way they do their one panel and then do another then odds are you'll probably like their second panel or third panel just as much and this can be a good way to open people to multiple new things.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#14 User is offline   momtron 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60631

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

I rarely go to two panels on the same topic, mostly because they are attended by the same people, and you don't end up getting new or different insights into the topic. I, for one, would love to see more panels on different topics, especially when they are overarching, rather than limited to a single series/anime/manga. If it's going to be a single topic, then one panel per con is enough, unless it's broken into sub-variants: Hellsing, Hellsing OVA, etc. But even then, 2-3 is the absolute limit.

I would absolutely get rid of running the same panel on more than one occasion during a con: there are simply too many people who would like to get involved to see one panel repeating.

That said, panels run by guests who are directly involved in about a topic presents a different insight, such as a voice actor, art director, author, etc. as you gain a completely different insight into the topic.

The only panels I go to religiously are those by guests like August Hahn, but he structures panels on different topics, so there is little overlap from one panel to the next.

#15 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

Most of the time panels that I wish there were more of are limited to one simply because of the slight obscurity of their topic. For example, I enjoy going to the .hack and Persona panels each year - and each year they are completely out of room by the time I get there. These two series have their own following, and there would be probably interest in going to additional panels if they had them. I suggest having them on separate days if you're going to approve them though. I know there are quite a few people who don't show up to the convention until Saturday, and I don't think it's fair to exclude them an experience of some awesome panels just because they are limited to coming on Saturday. Additionally, if I were in Panel Programming's position, I wouldn't approve a panel with same-subjects as already pre-approved panels if there were other panels to fill those slots. Variety I think is more important than mass, even with some of the more popular subjects of Japanese pop-culture.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#16 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

From my Partner Solidos: "It depends on what exactly the two panels are talking about. If one panel is say, talking about Naruto as a main character and the other is focused on the supporting cast then I would go to both. If the panels are focusing on the same thing then it's really harder for me to want to go to both. I would like it if Acen, found a way to emphisise the differences between the two so that I can decide if I want to attend both."

My POV: I'd attend both for differnt takes on the same situation, or if I could not attend one then the other due to time. I think that spaceing them apart would work well because of the fact that they are popular and there may be reason why I can't get to see one panel over the other. So agree with my partner on my panel.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#17 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Naruto was just an example, their are other examples you guys can use as well you know. =)

Keep feedback coming, tell your friends to post as well! I want as much data on this as possible and unique perspectives/solutions.

#18 User is offline   kitsune red 

• ADA Compliance
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 36791

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

I find it annoying when I attend a panel and discover that I know more about the subject than the panelist giving it. Or when the panelist seams to have just discovered the anime that I have been following for over ten years.

#19 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 51456

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

^ This

As for my take I love panels on any of my favorite Magical Girl/Guy Shows. Love Clamp :D I am very interested in the Madoka panel I saw when I glanced at the schedule, but was disappointed to see the end over laps with the Oregon Trail panel that was so much fun to see last year :( But if I have to choose I will pick the one for Madoka since I have not been to any panels yet for that show. I have also been interested in learning a little more about the Japanese culture and legends and will attend the early panel Saturday for that, though I was temped by the dysfunctional aspects of the otaku subculture panel but those are running at the same time unfortunately again :( I am also hoping to attend the Intro into Japanese language panel on Sunday, but again disappointed that the Japanese Folklore panel runs at a close time to it overlapping :( If these panels stay were they are then I will be forced to make some decisions on what I really want to see once reading the descriptions and final time schedules. It looks to be a wonderful list of panel options though so far this year and I hope for some good times! :highfive:

#20 User is offline   Bloo09 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17891

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

We're adding a QR code to our panel room signs so those with smart phones (androids/Iphones/etc) can scan the QR code (tiny box of black pixels)and fill out a feedback form on our mobile application. Panel programming will also have paper feedback forms and encourage our attendance to fill them out when they believe feedback is needed. We do listen when we get it, some panels have been denied due to bad feedback from attendees this year. And you're always welcome to send your feedback to us by email if you'd like to discuss your experience with one of our managers.
ACen 14 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager
ACen 12 - 14 - ACen & Anime Central Facebook Group(s) Administrator
ACen 13 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager, ACen 12 - Panel Programming Dept. Head and Crystal Ball Manager,
ACen 11 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 10 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 09 - Reg Asst. Dept. Head, ACen 08 - Guest Relations staff, ACen 07 - IRT Guest Escort

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding Panel Programming for Anime Central. PanelProgramming@ACen.org.
If you have any questions about the Crystal Ball please email CrystalBall@ACen.org

My private messages are now disabled. Between friend invite spam, and forum notices as a moderator I was missing panel related private messages. Please email us to contact panels, thank you!

#21 User is offline   tsukeru 

• ~Not a Moderator~
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 19344

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostBloo09, on 10 February 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

We're adding a QR code to our panel room signs so those with smart phones (androids/Iphones/etc) can scan the QR code (tiny box of black pixels)and fill out a feedback form on our mobile application. Panel programming will also have paper feedback forms and encourage our attendance to fill them out when they believe feedback is needed. We do listen when we get it, some panels have been denied due to bad feedback from attendees this year. And you're always welcome to send your feedback to us by email if you'd like to discuss your experience with one of our managers.

Speaking of feedback, I had asked about feedback for my panel last year: Are you Smarter than an Otaku. The staff told me that were running it they were on a shortage/out of the paper feedback forms. Please make sure to have enough this year. Thank you.

#22 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

View Posttsukeru, on 10 February 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Speaking of feedback, I had asked about feedback for my panel last year: Are you Smarter than an Otaku. The staff told me that were running it they were on a shortage/out of the paper feedback forms. Please make sure to have enough this year. Thank you.

Yep we have already addressed this for next year with the QR Code/Online/Mobile Versions so can be quickly accessed, we also are making sure we have plenty of forms this year in paper format. We also plan to make sure we digitize them as well and hope to be able to get feedback to all of our panelists as well.

#23 User is offline   tsukeru 

• ~Not a Moderator~
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 19344

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

View PostZerox20, on 11 February 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

Yep we have already addressed this for next year with the QR Code/Online/Mobile Versions so can be quickly accessed, we also are making sure we have plenty of forms this year in paper format. We also plan to make sure we digitize them as well and hope to be able to get feedback to all of our panelists as well.

Thank you. But please note - not everyone can afford a smart phone, so I'm not sure how well that feature will work.

#24 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

View Posttsukeru, on 11 February 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

Thank you. But please note - not everyone can afford a smart phone, so I'm not sure how well that feature will work.

Yep we understand that, We are hoping having multiple mediums with the forms being online, mobile ready + paper, it will give tons of chances/opportunities while at con or after con to fill feedback out. So even if you don't have a phone then and there, if you get access to a PC on a Monday or Tuesday the form will be there ready as well. We also have a plan in place to print more forms just in case we run out again.

#25 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

How do the panelist get informed about the feedback? Do we get to see the comments?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

Pardon the Pause

#26 User is offline   Bloo09 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17891

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

ACen feedback forms are mainly for us to see which panels should return and which shouldn't. Due to the content in some of the feedback we're not comfortable with giving it to panelists unless we feel it is something they should know to improve and grow which we will share those we deem as constructive criticism. Panelists can use our forums for feedback as they do yearly or save 10 minutes at the end to ask what should change for next year.
ACen 14 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager
ACen 12 - 14 - ACen & Anime Central Facebook Group(s) Administrator
ACen 13 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager, ACen 12 - Panel Programming Dept. Head and Crystal Ball Manager,
ACen 11 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 10 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 09 - Reg Asst. Dept. Head, ACen 08 - Guest Relations staff, ACen 07 - IRT Guest Escort

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding Panel Programming for Anime Central. PanelProgramming@ACen.org.
If you have any questions about the Crystal Ball please email CrystalBall@ACen.org

My private messages are now disabled. Between friend invite spam, and forum notices as a moderator I was missing panel related private messages. Please email us to contact panels, thank you!

#27 User is offline   Musashi219 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8100

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

As a panelist who actually is dealing with someone running the same exact panel this year, it comes as a double-edged sword. On one side I'm glad so that people who can't make my panel on Friday night can hopefully make the other panel regarding the same topic on Saturday night. The other side of me is annoyed though because conventions really need to get a better idea of which panel is offering something better and seems like the better choice. I remember years where there were FOUR panels on Evangelion - is that really necessary? Even if all four were different, it seems like an overload and there have to be others with differing panel topics who submitted.

Some folks mentioned the whole "combining panels on same topics" and I am completely against that given my previous experience. I'm one of the guys running a panel on Takashi Miike this year. Mine is called "Violence, Sex, and Death" while the other is called "The Hired Gun of Japanese Cinema." In 2009 I ran the same panel and another group was covering the same topic so we were forced to combine into one. I'm someone who has seen the vast majority of Miike's 70+ films. How many had the other group seen? Two films. TWO. And you better believe when it came to panel time they had barely anything to say no matter how times I passed them the mic. They got free badges while my co-panelist and I did all the work.

This year I got in contact with the other group running a Miike panel to try and figure out a way to make things different but ultimately we're each just going to stick to our original plans. It helps that they're each on a different day so hopefully different audiences will make it out. If I could I would gladly go to the other Miike panel, but I'm running another panel during the same time as that one. I wish that group the best of luck.

#28 User is offline   Cellomanlove 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61246

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

It depends on the description of the panel. Usually I would only attend one of a series/idea even if it's run by a different group of people. For panels based on a show or game, I prefer to not attend any that might end up as a review of the plot (especially if I've seen the show already). I like panels that have audience participation or interesting and new ideas to discuss or learn :)
2014 Cosplays
-Fate/Zero: Maiya Hisau
-Kyoukai no Kanata: Mirai Kuriyama (idol version)
-Kill la Kill: Satsuki Kiryuin

learning-to-sew.tumblr.com

#29 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

As has been mentioned, it should probably be limited to 2-3 panels on the same subject if possible. There's really only so many ways you can look at Death Note or Naruto or Bleach or Gundam without getting multiple panels that basically have the same opinions and content with different people leading the panels. I don't believe it happened this year, but definitely I think if you have to choose between a subject that has 3 other panels confirmed and a subject that has no representation you should definitely lean towards the latter.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#30 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

I'd like more diversity too. I know some panels will be the same because of big named anime, but others would be nice to see would be those about anime that maybe less viewed or might have some sort of connection to an event or myth or something. Also for the game panels, would also be nice to see a varity, I was hoping the castlevaina panel came back, but no such luck it looks like. :(

Pardon the Pause

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users