Anime Central Forums: Resident Evil 6 - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Resident Evil 6 Leon and chris, real zombies are back!

#1 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4&feature=player_embedded[/media]

here hopping it scary and not sucky.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#2 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:01 AM

Definitely looks interesting. What intrigues me is that Leon's section seems to be spookier and slightly along the lines of RE2/3 while Chris' is more action heavy, like RE4/5. The new guy has a Nemesis thing with him and Ashley (pretty sure it's her) fleeing like mad.
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#3 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Cannot freakin' wait. That is all.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#4 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

so stoked for this
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#5 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

It's going to be awesome. My roommate and I are so ready and excited for this.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#6 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

I CAN NOT wait!!
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#7 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

apparently a voucher for an RE6 demo will be included with CAPCOM's new RPG Dragon's Dogma:

http://www.escapistm...ent-Evil-6-Demo

360 owners will get it a month earlier than PS3 owners

#8 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Code Veronica and Zero were the last scary RE's... I thought RE5 was Capcom trying to tell people "We don't want to make horror games anymore, stop asking."
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#9 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostSir Viver, on 02 February 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Code Veronica and Zero were the last scary RE's... I thought RE5 was Capcom trying to tell people "We don't want to make horror games anymore, stop asking."

While I have to admit 4 wasn't nearly as scary, I still say its hands down my favorite Resident Evil. The controls were amazing, I thought Las Plagas were a cool new take on zombies. I agree it lacked the suspense of 0, Veronica, and 1-3, but a damn good game it was. I don't hate 5, but it was the weakest entry on the main series (let's pretend Umbrella Chronicles, Gaiden, and Gun Survivor don't exist.) I've played the 3DS demo of Resident Evil Revelations and I have to say it feels like its a return to problem solving and survival horror. It comes out next week!!!

As for 6, I'm glad it's not daylight in the trailer! That was one problem with 5. I'm very excited for it and it's cool Sherry Birkin from 2 is grown up. One character I've wanted to return for awhile is Billy from Zero.
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#10 User is offline   ATICE 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58973

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hopefully I can gather enough money to update my Chris Redfield costume for youmacon this year and next acen. :)
Thank goodness he went with a vest and not a complicated harness this time around! *whew*

#11 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Yes, yes, yes, yes! I can't wait to play this game. I wasn't really thrilled with the 5th one so I hope this one is much better. The trailer looks promising. :clap:
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#12 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

new info:

http://www.siliconer...tal-china-town/

#13 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

new trailer revealing the identities of the mystery man and the blond girl and announcing a release date:

http://www.joystiq.c...-leaked-traile/

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 10 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

#14 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

Probably wont be scary. Heard capcom wanted to emulate call of duty style gameplay. I only played 4, so I havent play the "true" re stlyes, but 4 was pretty epic.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#15 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

Not sure what I think of the added man to the story. Without spoiling anything, it does leave me questions from RE 5 and perhaps other parts of the series, lol. Oh well, I'll take a wait and see approach. While I agree that 5 lacked the horror and suspense of the other RE games, people are always writing it off as a bad game, to which I heavily disagree. It had the amazing engine from 4 (my favorite game of the series and I've played every title 1-4, Code Veronica, 0 on GameCube, and recently Revelations) and was a fun game with a pretty good story.

While I'm not expecting 6 to go back to full blown survival horror (major plus if it did) I'm expecting a good story and some fun monsters to fight. I do hope they try some suspense elements though. BTW, I just beat RE Revelations last night, great game! It did feature quite a bit of puzzle solving and I liked the monsters in the game. If you havent played it yet but you're an RE fan and own/thinking about owning a 3DS, this is a must-have game for the system. Not sure yet where it ranks on my favorite RE list but it certainly above 5 and maybe even Code Veronica.

From most reviews and fan opinions Operation Raccoon City doesn't sound like its worth a try. Sucks because I liked the idea behind it but doesn't surprise me as I haven't liked any of the spin off series such as Gun Survivor or Umbrella Chronicles. I played a little Outbreak, I can't give a fair opinion on it though as I wasn't playing it online. :P

This post has been edited by STVO: 10 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#16 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostSTVO, on 10 April 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Not sure what I think of the added man to the story. Without spoiling anything, it does leave me questions from RE 5 and perhaps other parts of the series, lol. Oh well, I'll take a wait and see approach. While I agree that 5 lacked the horror and suspense of the other RE games, people are always writing it off as a bad game, to which I heavily disagree. It had the amazing engine from 4 (my favorite game of the series and I've played every title 1-4, Code Veronica, 0 on GameCube, and recently Revelations) and was a fun game with a pretty good story.

While I'm not expecting 6 to go back to full blown survival horror (major plus if it did) I'm expecting a good story and some fun monsters to fight. I do hope they try some suspense elements though. BTW, I just beat RE Revelations last night, great game! It did feature quite a bit of puzzle solving and I liked the monsters in the game. If you havent played it yet but you're an RE fan and own/thinking about owning a 3DS, this is a must-have game for the system. Not sure yet where it ranks on my favorite RE list but it certainly above 5 and maybe even Code Veronica.

Well, let's face it, RE's narratives have never been anything more than schlocky plots to move the gameplay along. Heck RE4 had a HILARIOUSLY bad plot which is what made it so fun.

#17 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 10 April 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Well, let's face it, RE's narratives have never been anything more than schlocky plots to move the gameplay along. Heck RE4 had a HILARIOUSLY bad plot which is what made it so fun.

i love RE4 and was the only RE game i didn't give up on for it shity controlers, but it did had goofy moments, like a castle that looks cool but the bad guy for that act was a french migget for whatthescrew reasoning. like why is it a french migget?

anyways as mush i loved 4 and think it the best game in the series. but also becuase capcom was being retarded manparts it lead to my new favriote gaming studio, platium games.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 10 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#18 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Now, a show of hands... who here is THIS in love with the series?

Resident Evil 6: Premium Edition

As much as I love Resident Evil as a whole game series, I wouldn't pay over $150 for any special edition. Hell I waited to get the SKYRIM Collector's Edition when it dropped down in price. This jacket better be a sign of the game being so horrifying that I wet my pants and cry for help (only the latter of which I did while trying to play Amnesia).

2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#19 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostDarkMimi, on 11 April 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

As much as I love Resident Evil as a whole game series, I wouldn't pay over $150 for any special edition. Hell I waited to get the SKYRIM Collector's Edition when it dropped down in price. This jacket better be a sign of the game being so horrifying that I wet my pants and cry for help (only the latter of which I did while trying to play Amnesia).

Resident Evil is one of my favorite game series, but $1000?!?! No, H-E-Double Hockey Sticks No! Better be a VERY nice leather jacket!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#20 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostDarkMimi, on 11 April 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Is Capcom trying to copy Atlus in "How much would fans pay for games?"

Wow.......I like the series but not that much.

I rather just buy the normal copy. I haven't played RE since Code so I'm kind of excited.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#21 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 13 April 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

Is Capcom trying to copy Atlus in "How much would fans pay for games?"

Wow.......I like the series but not that much.

I rather just buy the normal copy. I haven't played RE since Code so I'm kind of excited.

Pick up 4 and Revelations at least. Those are excellent titles. I personally still recommend 5, but play those first before you do. LOL

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#22 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61704

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

So I changed my mind and I will be getting this game.

#23 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Okay, I just played the demo (it was available to those who bought Dragon's Dogma) and here are some of my impressions overall and on the three separate campaigns. I'll try to avoid spoilers:

Overall: Controls seem to have similarities to 5, but there has been a lot of overhauling. Some new quirks I noticed are that characters are a little bit faster and more fluid in movement. And of course you can move and shoot. A dodge maneuver has been added as well as some new context sensitive elements such as firing while on the ground. You can also dual wield pistols at the expense of accuracy, or switch a weapon from full auto to semi-auto. Also, health has been revamped so it regenerates, but not in typical fashion. You still have a health bar and it's set to increments. When one increment is fully depleted it's GONE until you use a healing item, otherwise it will replenish over time. Every campaign has two characters ala RE5. Item management is redone so you don't have a limited amount of item slots, eliminating one of RE5's biggest headaches. There also seems to be more of a focus on melee as characters seem to be able to do short, devastating combos even without a button prompt and a stamina gauge governs when you can use such moves. Another big change which might tick some people off (which I've also read from interviews) is that buying weapons (you find them in the levels instead) and upgrading them is gone, but in its place are skills that the player can buy to customize their experience. There wasn't a chance to mess around with that in the demo (enemies would drop chess piece shaped items that offered skill points), but I expect it'll probably be stuff like faster reloading, more melee damage, better proficiency with weapons, etc.

Leon: This is the one I can't talk the most about due to it being a bit unsubstantial. I get the feeling this was basically the tutorial for the demo to allow people to get accustomed to the controls. It was mostly just Leon waltzing around a FUBAR campus that's infested with classic zombies. It seems to try to invoke earlier RE's like 1 and 2. I felt the demo was uneventful, but I doubt that will reflect on the final product.

Chris: More along the lines of RE 4 and 5, being more action heavy with more enemy variety. Chris is dealing with Javo, which are similar to the Ganados from RE4 or the Majini from RE5. He basically runs and guns through the streets mowing down scores of enemies. The Javo, like their predecessors, can occasionally morph into other forms like one guy growing new arms that acted like a shield or another turning into a winged insect creature. And of course they will use all manner of weapons ranging from machetes to guns.

Jake: Jake's campaign seems to be closest to RE3 due to him being chased by a big, Nemesis-esque creature called Ustanak. It is action heavy, but Jake also seems to have more of a melee focus than Leon and Chris as Jake was able to use his fists freely separate from the melee attack and his partner came with a stun rod. I expect Ustanak will be a constant threat in the game

Okay, now here are some story-related things, so a spoiler warning is in effect:

Spoiler

Overall, probably a step forward for the franchise, though some parts of the demo weren't a good representation of the game itself. I eagerly await the release.

This post has been edited by Aiddon Valentin: 04 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

#24 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

I hate necroposting but the game is out and it has mixed reviews:

http://www.gamefaqs....t-evil-6/critic

http://games.yahoo.c...-184421591.html
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#25 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

Yeah, it is being categorized as a big ole misfire by Capcom.

#26 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

View Postrondo, on 03 October 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

Yeah, it is being categorized as a big ole misfire by Capcom.

What hasn't lately from Capcom?

MML3, AA2, Street fighter vs Tekken with that version of Rock man ending up having the backstory to the MML3 extra rock man, MAYBE PW4, etc.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#27 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 03 October 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

What hasn't lately from Capcom?

MML3, AA2, Street fighter vs Tekken with that version of Rock man ending up having the backstory to the MML3 extra rock man, MAYBE PW4, etc.

Capcom has been making bad decisions (opinion), but in RE6, the game itself is being seen as not very good. That new Steel Battalion game..wow does it get some bad reviews.

Still a highly recognized name..though suffering from some recent poor offerings. We'll see how Dragon's Dogma does.

#28 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

View Postrondo, on 03 October 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Capcom has been making bad decisions (opinion), but in RE6, the game itself is being seen as not very good. That new Steel Battalion game..wow does it get some bad reviews.

Still a highly recognized name..though suffering from some recent poor offerings. We'll see how Dragon's Dogma does.

I think it's gone to the point that since they are a recognized name that they think they can make gold out of anything or do whatever they want. A lot like how SE has become.

But I haven't bought a game since SSF4 and I'm still not buying games from Capcom anymore.

EDIT: mind you I wanted to buy RE6 because I used to love Capcom back in the RE1-2 days.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 03 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#29 User is offline   Sarahlicious 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61869

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Pre-ordered and picked up my copy Monday night. This one is a huge improvement from 5. It has 3 very different playable characters and 1 unlockable. Comp partners are much more helpful than Sheva and there's plenty of gruesome zombies and monsters to kill. I have been an RE fan since the very beginning and nothing will ever change that.
2012 C2E2/ACen/Wizard World Claire Redfield: RE Darkside Chronicles
2013 C2E2/ACen/AM/Wizard World Lara Croft [Tomb Raider 2013]
2014 C2E2/ACen/AM/Wizard World Lance Corporal Levi: Attack On Titan

#30 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

I sort of like the route RE took at 4. (Tho honestly, you really can't say it is scary now) After playing the demo, it really did feel like Call of Duty. I believe the produce of RE said he was inspired by Call of Duty and wanted to create RE6 to feel like that. Kinda selling out, but if it works. Tho this is the EXACT reason Keiji Inafune left.)

Capcom has lost a lot of respect from as of late. I miss their old days when they weren't so money hungry.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users