• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anime Tattoos. I need one!

#1 User is offline   RaveZombie 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61169

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

I've been wanting a tattoo lately that expresses my love for Anime. I have 5 tattoos so it's not new to me but I have been wanting an Anime one on my left arm. Does anyone have any cool crazy ideas as to what to get or have a neat one themselves? so..... LETS TALK INK!!!!
THE RAVE ZOMBIE!!!!!!!

#2 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

I don't have any tattoos myself but I do think they are pretty cool especially ones that are anime related. I would just make sure though as a precaution go to a tattoo artist that is comfortable with drawing the Japanese manga style. I hear they are harder to find but they are out there.... Like one of my really good friends has an AWESOME tattoo of Himura Kenshin--and his artist is very well versed and experiences with manga art so the tattoo came out great. ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#3 User is offline   RaveZombie 

• Pip

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 19 January 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I don't have any tattoos myself but I do think they are pretty cool especially ones that are anime related. I would just make sure though as a precaution go to a tattoo artist that is comfortable with drawing the Japanese manga style. I hear they are harder to find but they are out there.... Like one of my really good friends has an AWESOME tattoo of Himura Kenshin--and his artist is very well versed and experiences with manga art so the tattoo came out great. ^_^

Very good advice. I have a few tattoo artists but only one whom I think is at all experienced with drawing that style.
THE RAVE ZOMBIE!!!!!!!

#4 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9449

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

I've been comtemplating getting a few things done. I really want to have a full back tattoo of Nosferatu Zodd sitting on a throne of skulls simular to this pic of him (click here)

As for my advise try to find something you gravitate towards. Something you can't stop staring at and no matter how much you look at you enjoy.
Possible Cosplay for 2013:
-Wrex - Mass Effect
Planned Cosplay for 2013:
-Salvador - Borderlands 2
Returning Cosplay:
-Mobile Suit Mechanic - Mobile Suit Gundam
Future/Ongoing construction Cosplay
-Zaku II - Mobile Suit Gundam

#5 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

I've been planning on something for a tattoo anime style myself at least; since I've already got one but its not anime based but I plan to have something along those lines done. Ive had ideas here and there.
One idea which I don't mind sharing, if someone likes the idea is getting anime characters clinging to your leg or body part;
like their suppose to be there. Or you could even have one of your favorite anime characters hugging your arm or something? Iddno I like to throw Ideas up in the air at least. :rolleyes:
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#6 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

I have an anime/manga style tattoo of a woman sleeping. I drew it for a friend as a request, not too long afterwards, she took her life. It serves as art and a reminder. Seeing as you already have a few...

View PostSinosukeSatarume, on 19 January 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

As for my advise try to find something you gravitate towards. Something you can't stop staring at and no matter how much you look at you enjoy.

^^ this!

Post pics/ link when you have it done

This post has been edited by S1NN3R: 19 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#7 User is offline   DarkBebi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 58893

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:51 AM

I have a full back tattoo, nothing to make a normal person see it as anime, but you guys would know, it isnt done yet but I can show it if you want me to.
Acen 2013 Cosplay

League of Legends

[*]Head Hunter Master Yi [0% Complete]
[*]Darkforge Jarvan IV [0% Complete]

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"

#8 User is offline   RaveZombie 

• Pip

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

Show it ^.^ tattoos are supposed to be viewed lol
THE RAVE ZOMBIE!!!!!!!

#9 User is offline   Dave_the_Vagrant 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 52028

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

I don't have an anime tattoo, but I do have a video game related one (Legend of Zelda), and I have plans to get about 5 more that are video game related as well. Might go get a quote for my next one sometime soon.
:D

can't really help on the anime aspect. Havent met many people with anime tattoos...
::REGISTRATION STAFF::
2012 - ADH Registration
2011 - ADH Technology 2nd

#10 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

Eventually, I want to get an anime related tattoo, but I can't decide on what to get. I already have 3 and I want more :P I have a penguin on my rib, a celtic cross with knots and 2 hibiscus flowers on my shoulder, and a yin yang heart on my ankle. It is so addictive. I love getting new ink. My penguin isn't done yet, just black ink for this session but wow... Getting a tattoo on your rib is extremely painful but I love it. I still have another few sessions to go since I bled so much.

Just a word of advice: If you want to get an anime related tattoo, make sure the artist is skilled and that you like their previous art. I'm so lucky because mine has a tattoo of Mugen from Samurai Champloo on him! ♥ It also helps to have a connection with the artist. Someone who will understand you and will help you put your vision of the tat onto your skin. :) Also, just a tip: Have them put the stencil on the area and really look at it. Take your time and move around with it. See what it does when you move and think about if you gain weight, if that skin might stretch. You are paying a lot of money for quality work that will be on you forever. You better love it completely exactly where it is before those needles hit your skin. :thumbup:

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#11 User is offline   RaveZombie 

• Pip

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

It is all very good advice. lol You guys certainly help with my decision process in this. :happydance:
THE RAVE ZOMBIE!!!!!!!

#12 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

I've seen a trigun cat - looked good. but I'm glad I checked this out. I was thinking of getting a Clow Card (not sure which) from Card Captor Sakura. Since it's one of my favorites.
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#13 User is offline   Toreishii 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61495

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

All my tattoos are anime, for the exception of two smalls ones that are not. On my back I have one of Naomi Armitage, Rally and May from Gunsmith Cats, Gally from Battle Angel. I've got two other ones of Gally on my arms. I also have one of Iria on my arm.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users