Anime Central Forums: SoyCon 5 | The Largest Cosplay Gathering of The Midwest - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SoyCon 5 | The Largest Cosplay Gathering of The Midwest Rolling Meadows, IL - July 21-22, 2012

#1 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

SoyCon 5 | The Largest Cosplay Gathering of The Midwest
When: July 21-22, 2012
Where: Ned's Brown Meadow - Rolling Meadows, IL

Summary: SoyCon is a social gathering that brings together fans from anime, cosplay, video games, and more. There are many events planned throughout the weekend such as a costume contest, roleplay battles, and variety acts show. You are not required to cosplay for this event, just come and enjoy a 2-day weekend full of fun.

Cost: Free

For more information visit: http://www.soycon.com. Please note that some information has not been completely finalized. We are a hard working event and we want to provide the best time for all who attends.

Visit us also at our social networking sites on Facebook and Twitter.

Also, we have a special Beach Day open to all SoyCon attendees! The location will be at 12th Street Beach in downtown Chicago, IL (It's by the Chicago Alder Planetarium). Keyword "Chicago 12th Street Beach" for more information. We'll be there from 12pm-5pm on July 20th!

Questions? Shoot an e-mail to soycon@soycon.com

We look forward to see you this July 2012!

This post has been edited by Soy Sauce: 19 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#2 User is offline   aprilxeternal 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59472

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

Missed last year :) Def going this year!

#3 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

I'll try to go for a day. :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#4 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Same here. I would like to go but it depends if I'm working or not. ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#5 User is offline   Keans 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 57580

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

Had fun last year and I didn't even know anyone, should be WAY more fun this year now that i have met a few local cosplayers. =D
ACEN 2012:
Big O! - Roger Smith
Fairy Tail - Gajeel

ACEN 2013 - Gene Starwin(Outlaw Star)
Go check my FB Album and give me suggestions!!!
[/size]Facebook DeviantArt

#6 User is offline   Ion123 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58638

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

I would love to go if I had a group or something to go with~
Currently Working on:

Mion Sonozaki {{Higurashi no Naku Koro ni}}.....0%

Haruka Nanami {{Uta no Prince-sama}} ????

#7 User is offline   skinnyneko 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61737

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Count me in~

Hopefully I'll be able to go the full time. ^_^ It would be my first year, what exactly do you do there? :)

#8 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

No events in millennium park this year. After what happened last year, I'd say that's a good idea.
~~

#9 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

View Postredx1, on 18 March 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

No events in millennium park this year. After what happened last year, I'd say that's a good idea.

I agree.
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#10 User is offline   aprilxeternal 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59472

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postredx1, on 18 March 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

Yeah I personally knew the people involved. Got Soycon a lot of media attention.. But Yeah again excited for this year!

#11 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Let me bring everyone up to speed on the status of this event. We are still green to go.

For those who are not familiar with this event, please understand that even though the name has "Con" in it, this is not a convention. This is a large social cosplay gathering event. And of course cosplay isn't a requirement to come. Plus this is a potluck event, so please bring lots of water to share, some burgers and hot dogs to grill, and we'll call it even between us. The event is fan supported, it's a bunch of us that just want to have as much fun as you all.

You're welcome to come and chill throughout the weekend or perhaps join a few events we have setup here. Events like a variety talent show, karaoke contest, cosplay contest, or perhaps role play in an RPG battle.

Also, we are having a cosplay calendar contest for all cosplay attendees. We are looking for entries who want to show off their cosplay and be featured in our first ever cosplay calendar. Rules and details can be found under "Contests" on the website. Remember, if you're submitting vertical shots, you are required to send at least two and as for horizontal, we just need only one. To get those hi-rez shots in by May 31st!

And finally, if you don't want to commute to the grove for both days, there's hotels and motels nearby that you can book and stay in for the night. Remember, that when you book these rooms, you and your party is fully responsible. SoyCon will not have any hotel discounts for attendees nor associations regarding whatever happens during your stay. In other words, please be responsible. Check under the "Locations" section on the website for more details.

Other than that, you're welcome to ask any questions here, via e-mail at soycon@soycon.com, or on our event page on facebook here: http://www.facebook....41128719327049/

This post has been edited by Soy Sauce: 16 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

#12 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

SoyCon begins this weekend! See you there!

#13 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Huh, I was just down in that area a little while ago for a continuing education seminar. If I was aware of this, I may have went the extra couple blocks to check it out. Perhaps I'll crash it sometime this weekend...
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#14 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

How'd it go this year?

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#15 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostKii, on 23 July 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

How'd it go this year?

It was very impressive this year. With a few small kinks that we may had to work on, this year probably the best SoyCon up to date.

I have spoken to many attendees all day and they had a blast. We all do agree that the temperature was a bit warm and unexpectly for some reason on Saturday's event, there were some pollen floating around that were starting up allergies with some. Cannot control the nature so we just had to go through it.

I think the most memorable moment of SoyCon this year would probably be the water balloon fight. We had about almost 20 bins of water balloons scattered around a designated area and it became water balloon warfare. Sling shots, super soakers, and 100s of water balloons flying everywhere.

We also had a small meeting on Sunday morning just to get an insight of what our attendees are thinking. Gave a more personal feel so we know what can we work on or what can we do for our SoyCon events.

Some shows went pretty well, although we had a few technical difficulties here and there. We may have to cut short some of our event times or squeeze more events inbetween so this way they're not too far spread out. Few attendees felt a little bored so hopefully we can add more events and perhaps more variety for next year.

Other than that, it was a great year and I'm sure facebook is blowing up right now with photos, journal entries, and videos covering our event.

This post has been edited by Soy Sauce: 23 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

#16 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

I forgot to post this, but here's our group shot taken by SoulCrash on Saturday's Cosplay Day.

SoyCon 5 | The Big Group Shot

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users