Anime Central Forums: Hallway Cosplay Contest 2012 - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hallway Cosplay Contest 2012 Come in, read the changes, make suggestions!

#31 User is offline   Rose Vicious 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60137

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Curious question- I noticed that there is only an award for Novice and Journeyman. I am going to assume Masters cannot enter?

#32 User is offline   TwilightDucky 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 30025

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

I have a funny question and someone may have asked this before so sorry if i'm repeating :o but the hours, do you have to stay the whole time or do you show up, get judged and frolic off on your merry way until an awards ceremony of some type where everyone who was judged shows up to find out whos a winner? I is teh noob ...sooo not sure what to expect :) also, i have sewing experience and therefore made our costumes well, but i have never entered a contest before, should i enter as novice? or journeymen? if its by level of skill i'd say i'm journeymen, but if its by experience in cosplay contests...i'm definitely a novice....thoughts?
Acen 2012 Cosplay:
Himeno as White Pretear (Pretear) 40% complete
Ciel Phantomhive (black butler) 5% complete
Quarian (Mass Effect) 10% complete

"somethings i'll never know...and I had to let them go.."

#33 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

View PostRose Vicious, on 23 April 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Curious question- I noticed that there is only an award for Novice and Journeyman. I am going to assume Masters cannot enter?

In the three years I ran the Hallway before I made individual categories, I never once had a Master enter. I see the category as a moot point. If only one or two Masters enter, what's the point? Not really a contest. I suggest they go as a walk on in the Masquerade.

View PostTwilightDucky, on 23 April 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

I have a funny question and someone may have asked this before so sorry if i'm repeating :o but the hours, do you have to stay the whole time or do you show up, get judged and frolic off on your merry way until an awards ceremony of some type where everyone who was judged shows up to find out whos a winner? I is teh noob ...sooo not sure what to expect :) also, i have sewing experience and therefore made our costumes well, but i have never entered a contest before, should i enter as novice? or journeymen? if its by level of skill i'd say i'm journeymen, but if its by experience in cosplay contests...i'm definitely a novice....thoughts?

Show up, get judges, frolic on your merry way. I will call you if you win an award.

The judges will place you.

This post has been edited by ThatOneChick: 24 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#34 User is offline   LoveInViolet 

• IRT Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 61219

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

Are Staff/IRT able to enter?
IRT Administrative Commander
Callsign - WAVES

Lola Hart <3 ACen's own Bella Diva Fantistico!
BUBBLE POP BURLESQUE SUBMISSIONS CLOSED! THANK YOU!
2014 Costumes
Shiny Sylveon (Pokemon), Quistis Trepe (Final Fantasy VIII), Trish (Devil May Cry), Mad Moxxi (Borderlands 2)

#35 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostLoveInViolet, on 25 April 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

Are Staff/IRT able to enter?

As long as it doesn't interfere with your staffing duties.
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#36 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

So I kind of have a gripe.

I was planning on entering my GLaDOS cosplay on Friday. I checked this thread on Friday morning to figure out what room this would be in, but I couldn't find it.

So I went to the program, and could not find it there either.

So finally, I went and found some staff. I asked the prop check people if they knew where it was. They'd never heard of it, so they told me to ask IRT. So I asked a pair of IRT. They had no idea either. So they found 2 more IRT with radios to see if they could find out anything, and they couldn't. None of them had any idea what I was talking about. Not only did they not know where it was, they had no idea it even existed. If I hadn't accompanied my friend to be judged last year, I'd have thought I was crazy.

I went through like 7 staff members that day, and none of them were able to help me. Friday was the only day I was able to enter, so I totally missed my chance and I was really dissapointed by that. :(
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#37 User is offline   TwilightDucky 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 30025

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hey, ok so I had so much fun doing hallway this year! That put of the way, I want to do a cosplay of ciel phantomhive from black butler for next year and I'm in love with this one pic of him in a fancy blue outfit I found online, it certainly looks like and official art book image of him but I can't be sure it isn'
t some amazing fan art of him, my question is is if I do this costume version of him and bring the reference photo does it conform to hallway contest rules and will it be enterable if I'm not sure its an official costume of his? Thanks!
Acen 2012 Cosplay:
Himeno as White Pretear (Pretear) 40% complete
Ciel Phantomhive (black butler) 5% complete
Quarian (Mass Effect) 10% complete

"somethings i'll never know...and I had to let them go.."

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users