Anime Central Forums: For those who live near Chicago Ridge/Westfield mall :) - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

For those who live near Chicago Ridge/Westfield mall :) COSPLAYING AT THE MAAAALLLLL!!

#1 User is offline   kairi_princess_of_heart 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60423

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

i was on youtube today and there were all these vids about going to random places and cosplaying. i thought, 'hey that looks fun!!'. sadly no one i know wants to go with me cuz apparently it's 'not cool.' so forget them! then i had a brilliant idea and i said to myself, 'hnnn i put up a topic on the acen forums!'. so i'm trying to decide what day and time to do this and i was hoping that the mall could be full of random cosplayers alllll day. so lemme know what everyone thinks and if its a terrible idea.....oh well XD

#2 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

View Postkairi_princess_of_heart, on 30 December 2011 - 01:18 AM, said:

so lemme know what everyone thinks and if its a terrible idea.....

Most of us will think this is a bad idea for a variety of reasons.

And most of us have agreed to keep it to ourselves at cons and pre approved private functions like house parties.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#3 User is offline   kairi_princess_of_heart 

• Pip

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 30 December 2011 - 01:26 AM, said:

Most of us will think this is a bad idea for a variety of reasons.

And most of us have agreed to keep it to ourselves at cons and pre approved private functions like house parties.

tht makes sense....thought it was worth a try. my ideas usually don't work out anyway :)

#4 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:02 AM

Actually, KirbyFanOne - I have cosplayed to malls and museums and randomly in downtown Chicago many times (both with and without a group of fellow Acen-goers). Especially lately (it doesn't take much to get me wandering around in my Ghostbusters jumpsuit) - I was just at the Adler Planetarium in costume on Monday. :)

Kairi - check out the Meet Up Zone here on the forums, that's where gatherings like this tend to be arranged. The board is pretty quiet right now but it picks up during the summer. :)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#5 User is offline   kairi_princess_of_heart 

• Pip

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:22 AM

View PostKnitChick, on 30 December 2011 - 02:02 AM, said:

Kairi - check out the Meet Up Zone here on the forums, that's where gatherings like this tend to be arranged. The board is pretty quiet right now but it picks up during the summer. :)

ohhhh! thnxx! that was so helpful. i think i might close this topic and repost there. makes more sense. :) thnx again!

#6 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

View PostKnitChick, on 30 December 2011 - 02:02 AM, said:

Actually,

I prefer not to do it mostly because due to an event recently where ski poles fell on me from a balcony. Next time it would be a bucket of paint with my luck.

My point is I'd rather not be walking around the mountain in my costume and needlessly muss it up. Or anywhere else for that matter.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users