Singles Gathering singles

#61 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 27 February 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

omg THAT IS THE SOLUTION TO THE ECONOMY lol. But the bacon cannot be apart of factory farm pigs! Natural farm grown pigs that are not owned by corporations. :D

Happy pigs make happy bacon. Happy bacon days! We shall share this idea with the world. We are geniuses. Do you think we can solve the energy crisis with bacon as well?
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#62 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Guys, you have to stop saying that I'm right. I might like get an ego about it or something...
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#63 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 28 February 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

Guys, you have to stop saying that I'm right. I might like get an ego about it or something...

You're right. Lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#64 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostWingy Baby, on 27 February 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Oh, the speed dating.
I went to it the first year it was implemented I believe and it was a sausage fest (as expected).
But that's not to say it won't be awesome this year! :3 Anime/manga/video games/just nerding out is becoming quite big among the ladies these days, so maybe we'll see a more balanced ratio? In any case, it'll be a hoot!

Buttt as much as I hate to admit it, Elf is right. You can't just expect these things to fall in your lap. Get out there, get active on the forums (Why, I dated someone for over 3 years I met on the forums here! Don't ask anything beyond that. >:|) and just chill out.

If it happens, it happens. <3

You didnt type that with a straight face right? Lol ratio being even? Lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#65 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 28 February 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

You didnt type that with a straight face right? Lol ratio being even? Lol

Oh Xeno. :3

I dont know because I mean there ARE more nerd/geek girls these days but guys still have the upper hand in numbers and if I'm allowed to say as a woman...most of us are at ACEN enjoying ourselves. Most likely people aren't thinking "oh, it's ACEN I wanna meet a boyfriend!" If anything, it's more fun when it's unexpected ;). But honestly the first thing I think when I go to ACEN is not meeting a guy to date.

@Mag: yeah, I feel so. With all the fat that is in bacon fat is 9cal per gram!!! We will generate energy with bacon :3.

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 29 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#66 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'm going to ACen for cheap swag, kick butt panels, seeing old friends and gawking at wicked awesome cosplay.

The last thing I want to do at acen is meet/date a guy.

Doesn't mean can't look tho. ;3
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#67 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm going to ACen to drink and hang out with awesome people. And if I drink enough, I don't remember the weekend, which means that every ACen is my first ACen...Its the best...
Armageddicon!!

#68 User is offline   EndlessKey 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 47633

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 28 February 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

And if I drink enough, I don't remember the weekend, which means that every ACen is my first ACen...Its the best...

Gotta love that logic xD

#69 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

Well I never said that you can't look for that, or its weird or lame...but I SEVERELY doubt itll be an even ratio. Even tho there are more geek girls (honestly at acen, ive seen a lot even from my first year lol) I think most girls think it will be a sausage fest, and have a lot of creepers. That won't ever change. Lol speed dating is a good way to meet friends if you are shy. I never went to any speed dating myself, just heard the stories. If they don't find a way to get more girls in, itll flop again. Lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#70 User is offline   kotomichi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61591

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostWingy Baby, on 28 February 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

I'm going to ACen for cheap swag, kick butt panels, seeing old friends and gawking at wicked awesome cosplay.

The last thing I want to do at acen is meet/date a guy.

Doesn't mean can't look tho. ;3

THIS!!!
ACen 2013
Hunny Mitsukuni (Ouran), Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach), Conan Edogawa (Case Closed!), Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji), Haku Ha (Naruto), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2013 Cons: Anime Milwaukee, C2E2, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, Wizard's World, Kollision Con

#71 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 February 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

Well I never said that you can't look for that, or its weird or lame...but I SEVERELY doubt itll be an even ratio. Even tho there are more geek girls (honestly at acen, ive seen a lot even from my first year lol) I think most girls think it will be a sausage fest, and have a lot of creepers. That won't ever change. Lol speed dating is a good way to meet friends if you are shy. I never went to any speed dating myself, just heard the stories. If they don't find a way to get more girls in, itll flop again. Lol

Never went either. Figure I can meet enough people at all the meetups and the Red bar.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#72 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 28 February 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

@Mag: yeah, I feel so. With all the fat that is in bacon fat is 9cal per gram!!! We will generate energy with bacon :3.

Now if only we could power cars with Bacon
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#73 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 29 February 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

We should go. Hard core. If it fails we'll just have our own gathering of awesomeness. :3

Yeah I'm with Isamu. I like meeting people at photoshoots, panels, walking around and stuff. Can't do the bar yet I'm too young still lol but maybe one day I guess? Couldn't you sat the official ACEN Meet n Greet and the Late Night Meet n Greet would be the best way to meet singles? Because I feel more girls would go and it wouldn't be a forced "I'm single, consider me" thing.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#74 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 29 February 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

We should go. Hard core. If it fails we'll just have our own gathering of awesomeness. :3

Yeah I'm with Isamu. I like meeting people at photoshoots, panels, walking around and stuff. Can't do the bar yet I'm too young still lol but maybe one day I guess? Couldn't you sat the official ACEN Meet n Greet and the Late Night Meet n Greet would be the best way to meet singles? Because I feel more girls would go and it wouldn't be a forced "I'm single, consider me" thing.

Anyone wanting to meet new people should definitely hit the forums meet n greet and the late night meet n greet. I attended both last year and had a blast. Both are well run and I saw no creepers at either one.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.

#75 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostIsamu, on 01 March 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Anyone wanting to meet new people should definitely hit the forums meet n greet and the late night meet n greet. I attended both last year and had a blast. Both are well run and I saw no creepers at either one.

i've actually had a few people from the forums hit me up for a meet up somewhere around the con...i have 2 of their #'s right now X3
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#76 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postblackcat18, on 04 March 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

i've actually had a few people from the forums hit me up for a meet up somewhere around the con...i have 2 of their #'s right now X3

There ya go. :D I'm glad you already met two people. Also yeah, I think I have enough good friends to hang with and events going on where I'm likely skipping the speed dating. Those that do go, good luck and try to take it serious. If not, make a funny video out of it and post it to Youtube! ;D

For All of You: Feel free to say hi to me if you see me. I'll be roaming around the con all-weekend in three of these cosplays listed in my signature and will have my board name as my badge name. I'm always up for meeting new people. :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#77 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostIsamu, on 01 March 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Folks from my group are pretty creepy. No foolin'

Btw is this thing legit???? Sounds like it would be hilarious.
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#78 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostHiroEcks, on 05 March 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Folks from my group are pretty creepy. No foolin'

Btw is this thing legit???? Sounds like it would be hilarious.

It should be so lots of laughing shall commence and make great unforgettable times. :3

#79 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

Well I just so happen to love laughing as well as long walks in the moonlight or reading poetry by a fire. I hope my responses will allow me to apprehend a suitable mate.
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#80 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

As long as someone gets me popcorn as the drama unfolds, it'll be a good night. <3
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#81 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

So... will this happen for real? What about drinks?
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#82 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

Should I bring my harp?
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#83 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

Love is In the Air

^ That's all I have to say.

Until my next post of course.

This post has been edited by STVO: 06 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#84 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

The forum meet and greet, and late night meetup are both legit.
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#85 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

Okay guys, like seriously. Your point has been made. You think the singles gathering is a joke. At this point its not funny anymore, its just rude to the original poster and anyone who was actually interested in this. Piling on is pretty unnecessary overall...
Armageddicon!!

#86 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on 06 March 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

Okay guys, like seriously. Your point has been made. You think the singles gathering is a joke. At this point its not funny anymore, its just rude to the original poster and anyone who was actually interested in this. Piling on is pretty unnecessary overall...

I wasn't making fun =(
No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#87 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

I think most of us were just joking around with the random jokes. Just like the talks of salt, sugar, bacon, etc. Originally I was game for this being that I thought it was before ACen. I also suggested the speed dating panel, people joked about that but I didn't get mad. Anyway if the OP is irritated, well I apppologize for getting off topic. She actually just stated she met two people on the forums for a meet up so things are looking up. Anyway, good luck if this comes together and if I'm free at the time, maybe I'll swing by.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#88 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

I wasn't talking about you Kirby

I have no idea if the OP is irriated, but a joke is only funny for so long and you guys sounds like real a-holes to anyone who did actually care/want this event to happen. Thats all I was really trying to say.

This post has been edited by FlyingElf: 06 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Armageddicon!!

#89 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'll just say this, didn't think I was being an a-hole, especially since I tried contributing earlier, I just figured a link to a song would be no harm. Anyone offended/irritated, I'm sorry.

This post has been edited by STVO: 06 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#90 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

I'm willing to meet anyone and everyone if possible. Heck, for half of the con you can find me in my office(the red bar).
As far as giving out my number goes, I have to meet you before that happens.

This post has been edited by Isamu: 06 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users