#451 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 23 April 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Um no. The crystal ball is a dance.

If you look on the final programming schedule, there is a speed dating panel "Speed Dating 2 Electric Boogaloo! 18+" on Saturday @2:00 --- Narita A-B (Hyatt)

Ah, okay. I know the Crystal Ball is a dance, but when I was first researching this convention and things to do it said that there would be a speed dating event shortly before the ball to help out people without dates.

EDIT:
Aaaaaaaand that would be the one judging by the timing.

This post has been edited by Whodigiya: 23 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#452 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61483

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

I've been to a speed dating thing at a con before... sausage fest. They don't really work for me. XD

#453 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostGenichiro, on 23 April 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

I've been to a speed dating thing at a con before... sausage fest. They don't really work for me. XD

I suppose the only way to make those things work is if you make them somewhat private and limit the number of people who can participate.

#454 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostGenichiro, on 23 April 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Sounds like a highly unorganized panel.
There's no reason it let more men than women to participate. (assuming it's a hetero session)
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#455 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

There were a good handful of women in there, but, there were a lot more men. It was pretty disorganized; they decided to make it an 18+ event, but didn't state it in advance, so everyone had to rush out of that line and grab wristbands. Most of those I talked to weren't really interested, except the ones twice my age who just happened to be there... still shivering from the memories of that.

#456 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

View PostGenichiro, on 24 April 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

There were a good handful of women in there, but, there were a lot more men. It was pretty disorganized; they decided to make it an 18+ event, but didn't state it in advance, so everyone had to rush out of that line and grab wristbands. Most of those I talked to weren't really interested, except the ones twice my age who just happened to be there... still shivering from the memories of that.

That sounds like a nightmare. I know people wouldn't like it, but it's gotta be a first-come, first-serve thing with events like that. Not gonna make it less creepy, though.

#457 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59725

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

seems like in a secnerio like that,you'd have better luck just wandering about the Con and seeing who you bump into~
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".
Acen '11-White mage[FF XI]

#458 User is offline   Sephiroth Lives 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17533

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

forced dating won't make you more attractive.if you want to talk to someone just talk to them

#459 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostSephiroth Lives, on 24 April 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

forced dating won't make you more attractive.if you want to talk to someone just talk to them

Getting courage or over one's nerves is the challenge. I get nervous meeting people at first then I get comfortable once I get a good vibe.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#460 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostSephiroth Lives, on 24 April 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

I wouldn't call a voluntary program "forced," but I get what you're saying. It's not a matter of being more attractive to someone, though. Some people want to find someone, but have difficulty simply approaching someone. Speed dating, online matchmaking, and blind dates help in this area. You're right, though, if you're too scared to commit to begin with then it's not going to work out.

#461 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, there's not substitute for just simply talking to people. It makes things a lot less awkward. XD

#462 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63127

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

This is me being the awkward anti-social person I've become, but after reaching out and continually trying to strike up conversations with the fairer sex, I've grown tired of having to constantly initiate conversations, activities or other social motions. I mean, I'm very outgoing if you know me, but I get tired of having to say "Hi!" or "How are you today?" FIRST all the goddamn time. I would like some love in return, but alas, this seems not to be the case with me.

*shrug* I'm going to the meet and greet, so perhaps I can make some new friends this year.

#463 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

I might stop by.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#464 User is offline   kishen chaos 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62929

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 12 April 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Whos going to hang out with me? :D/>

Time and place and i'll gladly hang, i'm going thee on thursday.

#465 User is offline   kishen chaos 

• Pip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

hey, if anyone wants someone tohang out with my schedule is most likely open, just pm me if you want to chill, or grab my cell #

#466 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostValkyrae, on 24 April 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

This is me being the awkward anti-social person I've become, but after reaching out and continually trying to strike up conversations with the fairer sex, I've grown tired of having to constantly initiate conversations, activities or other social motions. I mean, I'm very outgoing if you know me, but I get tired of having to say "Hi!" or "How are you today?" FIRST all the goddamn time. I would like some love in return, but alas, this seems not to be the case with me.

*shrug* I'm going to the meet and greet, so perhaps I can make some new friends this year.

-hits the LIKE button- I feel the same way. With a group of strangers I have to start the conversations since I hate silence, to me it feels like something bad is going to happen. :unsure: Whenever I talked to a person I knew, I always had to keep the conversation going and it took its toll on me since I got irritated that they didn't want to chat like a normal person.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#467 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Reciprocation is key to communication. If both parties don't step forward and attempt to get something going then someone is going to get peeved. Sometimes talking to certain people can make things MORE awkward--or it can seem that way if there's only one side to the conversation.

The good thing about conventions, though, is that you know most everyone there is there because they're into something related to something you might like. It's not like just going into a random bar and trying to talk to someone sitting at a table hoping that they like the same things you do. Hopefully that will take a little bite out of the awkwardness.

#468 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'll be hosting a 24/7 (maybe literally) rager the whole weekend (Thurs-Sunday morning) in a suite.
You can treat it as a mixer, I suppose.
I'll also bring a PS3 and supply as many fighting games as possible.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#469 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 25 April 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

I'll be hosting a 24/7 (maybe literally) rager the whole weekend (Thurs-Sunday morning) in a suite.

Oooh, I was also planning on bringing my PS3. I might have to stop by.

#470 User is offline   cidwind42 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61749

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

Sweet!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

#471 User is online   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

You know I'll be there! :D
"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#472 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

I'll be sure to drop by at some point. :3

#473 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

awesome
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#474 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63127

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Ah, so I KNEW I was practicing my skills for something...I'll lay the smackdown with Wonder Woman in Injustice(which I recently got, lol)

#475 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Fighting games? Im there.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#476 User is offline   kishen chaos 

• Pip

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 25 April 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

-hits the LIKE button- I feel the same way. With a group of strangers I have to start the conversations since I hate silence, to me it feels like something bad is going to happen. :unsure:/> Whenever I talked to a person I knew, I always had to keep the conversation going and it took its toll on me since I got irritated that they didn't want to chat like a normal person.

I know where your coming from, I just make the attempt because something inside tells me things like; something epic will happen, or what's the worst that could happen she rejects you, that leaves you in the same place that you currently are in. :)

#477 User is offline   cidwind42 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61749

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Postkishen chaos, on 01 May 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

I know where your coming from, I just make the attempt because something inside tells me things like; something epic will happen, or what's the worst that could happen she rejects you, that leaves you in the same place that you currently are in. :)/>

"No, the worst that can happen is she says yes. You go out together, end up married. She leaves you and takes everything. Every penny. Including your car."-Charlie Harper
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

#478 User is offline   kishen chaos 

• Pip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

View Postcidwind42, on 01 May 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

"No, the worst that can happen is she says yes. You go out together, end up married. She leaves you and takes everything. Every penny. Including your car."-Charlie Harper

valid point, but I think in the here and now and the rest will come after I have decided the lemon is worth the squeeze, I am really picky when it comes to personality so if someone does not make the cut I will end it before going to far deep. I have studied 8 years in psyche reading and have studied people for longer. I have a good enough idea of what I am doing. I do not believe in molding my personality to become perfect for other people, but I do believe that knowing someone before dating is crucial to understanding how to make a relationship stand. If you want to patronize me on quotes then you may need to do some studying into the subjects I am well versed in before you view my word as being nothing more than sympathetic. Sympathy is not something I commonly use in everyday life, in fact I despise feeling sad about someone else's predicament, it is in my intent to give helpful advice in solving the said situation of awkwardness that most people feel when trying to talk with someone who they view as attractive.

#479 User is offline   kishen chaos 

• Pip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

View Postcidwind42, on 01 May 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

valid point, but I think in the here and now and the rest will come after I have decided the lemon is worth the squeeze, I am really picky when it comes to personality so if someone does not make the cut I will end it before going to far deep. I have studied 8 years in psyche reading and have studied people for longer. I have a good enough idea of what I am doing. I do not believe in molding my personality to become perfect for other people, but I do believe that knowing someone before dating is crucial to understanding how to make a relationship stand. If you want to patronize me on quotes then you may need to do some studying into the subjects I am well versed in before you view my word as being nothing more than sympathetic. Sympathy is not something I commonly use in everyday life, in fact I despise feeling sad about someone else's predicament, it is in my intent to give helpful advice in solving the said situation of awkwardness that most people feel when trying to talk with someone who they view as attractive.

#480 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

I don't think cidwind42 was patronizing you so much as quoting Charlie Sheen's character to be facetious. I actually had to look up Charlie Harper, I've never seen that show, but I heard it's funny.

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users