• This topic is locked

Singles Gathering singles

#421 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59725

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

What panels? Generally i only plan to attend the FF online panel [the years it's around]
aside from that i just wing the rest of my time.
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".
Acen '11-White mage[FF XI]

#422 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 63127

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostGenichiro, on 16 April 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

Yay! Single are actually meeting each other. I wonder if I'll find anyone? :3

Well...at least it's a place to meet other people. I wouldn't count on finding THE ONE here though...although, if you do, grats, lol. Here's a wish that you do!

View PostElevin, on 16 April 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

hey everyone againnnnnn

so ill be at ACen this year alone, :o/>

if anyone wants to just kick it or whatnot im downnnnnnnnnnnn

^_^/>

Kick it. Are you kicking kerby's? I don't condone kicking kerby. He's fluffy. And pink. And stretchy. And makes some mean soup, have you seen that guy cook?

View PostSoren Kisamora, on 16 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

What panels? Generally i only plan to attend the FF online panel [the years it's around]
aside from that i just wing the rest of my time.

I suppose I should probably visit the other forums to figure out what panels to go to...but my plan is to show up early, and wing the panels. There's nothing that is super important to me, although...I would give a lot to go to a panel that had a working demo of FF13-3(the lightning-centric game) Speaking of, I'm cosplaying her, for my first time :D

#423 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostGenichiro, on 16 April 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

Yay! Single are actually meeting each other. I wonder if I'll find anyone? :3

Aww I bet you will! :P

View PostValkyrae, on 16 April 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Well...at least it's a place to meet other people. I wouldn't count on finding THE ONE here though...although, if you do, grats, lol. Here's a wish that you do!Kick it. Are you kicking kerby's? I don't condone kicking kerby. He's fluffy. And pink. And stretchy. And makes some mean soup, have you seen that guy cook? I suppose I should probably visit the other forums to figure out what panels to go to...but my plan is to show up early, and wing the panels. There's nothing that is super important to me, although...I would give a lot to go to a panel that had a working demo of FF13-3(the lightning-centric game) Speaking of, I'm cosplaying her, for my first time :D/>

No kicking Kirby!!! That would be mean, and hurt. I'm a nice person and you shouldnt hurt me! And btw I'm not a he. ;) (J/K I know you were talking about the character. Couldnt resist!)
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#424 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Lightning Costume <3
actually imo most FF costumes <3
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".

#425 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

i'm gonna be with my group most of the time so i dont really know which panels i'll be at...but i will be wearing my leafeon cosplay friday and saturday
ACen 2014

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done CANT WAIT TO GET PHOTOS WITH ALL OF YOU!

#426 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Panels might not be the greatest places to sit and chat actually. I'll be in town Thursday-Monday, and I'm not familiar with the area at all. I'll pretty much be winging it from beginning till end (besides the concert). These meet and greets seem pretty cool, kinda want to find something like that for A-Kon.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#427 User is offline   roric5 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63515

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hello friends. I am a first time forum user but I have been going to ACen for five years. I usually just end up walking around alone so this year I decided to actually try and meeting some people. Novel idea I know.

How are the meet and greet and the late night?
“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales.
If you want your children to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”

-Albert Einstein

#428 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

I will be doing my Elk cosplay on friday and my Jun Watarase from happiness on Sat. This is my first time cross-dressing so I hope it goes well.
The only thing to fear is yourself.

#429 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

View Postroric5, on 17 April 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Hello friends. I am a first time forum user but I have been going to ACen for five years. I usually just end up walking around alone so this year I decided to actually try and meeting some people. Novel idea I know.

How are the meet and greet and the late night?

I've never been to the Official Forums Meet & Greet (though I'm hoping to rectify that this year), but the Late Night 21+ Meet & Greet is always a good time.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#430 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 18 April 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

I've never been to the Official Forums Meet & Greet (though I'm hoping to rectify that this year), but the Late Night 21+ Meet & Greet is always a good time.

:happydance:
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#431 User is offline   roric5 

• Pip

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

I plan on going to both this year I think, I mean while I'm out there I might as well stay for both.

The meet and greet is in the Hyatt right? Where do you usually park because that 13 dollar lost across from the con center doesn't sound fun.

-Albert Einstein

#432 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

View Postroric5, on 18 April 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I plan on going to both this year I think, I mean while I'm out there I might as well stay for both.

The meet and greet is in the Hyatt right? Where do you usually park because that 13 dollar lost across from the con center doesn't sound fun.

The Forum Meet and Greet is at the Hyatt @ 7:30pm on the bottom floor behind the glass stairs. (More information in my signature if you need it.) - As far as parking- I dont know what to tell you to do really. I know there's a parking lot over by the Blue Line stop- which is just a bit of a walk to the convention center. I dont know if there are any rules about how long you can stay or how much it costs. Hope that little bit of info helps some! :)

#433 User is offline   roric5 

• Pip

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 18 April 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

The Forum Meet and Greet is at the Hyatt @ 7:30pm on the bottom floor behind the glass stairs. (More information in my signature if you need it.) - As far as parking- I dont know what to tell you to do really. I know there's a parking lot over by the Blue Line stop- which is just a bit of a walk to the convention center. I dont know if there are any rules about how long you can stay or how much it costs. Hope that little bit of info helps some! :)/>

yea the blue lot and the other are the only ones I know of, I was just hoping all you wise ACen alums might know a secret lol. Thanks though, any information is better than none.

-Albert Einstein

#434 User is offline   fooby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59646

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

There are 2 "lots", one "next to" the convention center, you access it by driving like you were going into the hyatt parking lot but you turn RIGHT instead of LEFT. The other mega-lot is behind the Doubletree/Embassy which can be accessed by heading down river road to Balmoral, and taking a Right near the Aloft and I'd suggest parking in the "Movico" section.

This post has been edited by fooby: 21 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#435 User is offline   Thunderscream 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60454

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hi all! Thought I would post something here instead of just being a shy creeper, haha. I am going with a group of friends again this year, but with most of them couples, meeting others (friends or otherwise), outside my current friends and friends of friends would be a nice change of pace. I can't think of anything else to say, darn you 4AM brain farts.

This post has been edited by Thunderscream: 21 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

ACen 2014 plans
-Chojuro (Naruto)
-Wil (Fire Emblem)

#436 User is offline   MOMO2 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49830

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostThunderscream, on 21 April 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

Hi all! Thought I would post something here instead of just being a shy creeper, haha. I am going with a group of friends again this year, but with most of them couples, meeting others (friends or otherwise), outside my current friends and friends of friends would be a nice change of pace. I can't think of anything else to say, darn you 4AM brain farts.

Hello and salutations!!!! I would be glad to meet up and find new friends!

This post has been edited by MOMO2: 21 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

The only thing to fear is yourself.

#437 User is offline   cidwind42 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61749

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostMOMO2, on 21 April 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

Hello and salutations!!!! I would be glad to meet up and find new friends!

Me too. I'm still a bit new to IL and would love to make some new friends.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

#438 User is offline   Thunderscream 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60454

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

That would be great! If anyone wants, I seem to keep Facebook up most of the time, so you can add me here.
ACen 2014 plans
-Chojuro (Naruto)
-Wil (Fire Emblem)

#439 User is offline   Sephiroth Lives 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17533

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

I have a great idea. I have heard a lot in here about there being a lot of sausage at these singles meet and greats. So here is the plan. We all have a fight to the near death. Until there are only as many men left standing as there are women.

We will fight only in one way. Bear knuckles, swords and bats with nails in them. Sure the winners will be bloodied but they will be the manliest of men.

#440 User is offline   MsSilverFox 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63526

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hi everyone. This will be my first anime con of any kind and first time in a cosplay. I wouldn't mind meeting other people aside from the couple of friends that I'm going with.
[center]ACen 2014 potential Cosplays
Arf-Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (Human form)
Hayate-(remaking with better wings and staff)Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Erza-Fairy Tail

#441 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostSephiroth Lives, on 21 April 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

I have a great idea. I have heard a lot in here about there being a lot of sausage at these singles meet and greats. So here is the plan. We all have a fight to the near death. Until there are only as many men left standing as there are women.

We will fight only in one way. Bear knuckles, swords and bats with nails in them. Sure the winners will be bloodied but they will be the manliest of men.

Oh ya the ladies will go wild for that sort of thing in the Medieval Ages! I just need the usual tall, dark, and handsome.. just throw in some humor and we are good to go. :thumbup: :0: :P
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#442 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

Hold on, where do I find "bear knuckles"? I mean, I've heard of knuckledusters and brass knuckles, but I've never heard of equiping bear claws for a fight. PETA will be outraged.

#443 User is offline   cidwind42 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61749

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostThunderscream, on 21 April 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

That would be great! If anyone wants, I seem to keep Facebook up most of the time, so you can add me here.

Awesome added.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

#444 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61483

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

That would help a lot, actually. Anyone something like that will set my auto-ignore flag. :3

#445 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

I have an idea that's probably better than violence: who's going to be at the convention on Friday and what times?

Some conventions actually have speed dating panels. Anybody ever been to something like that?

#446 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

i haven't been to one myself.
at one point and time there was a thread on here about someone trying to run such a thing.however i recall if having the typical issue with an imbalance in gender interest.

#447 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

There is one this year

#448 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63127

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostGenichiro, on 22 April 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

That would help a lot, actually. Anyone something like that will set my auto-ignore flag. :3

I assumed we were just going for the [Auspicious Meeting] flag here...

#449 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 23 April 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

There is one this year

Are you referring to the one for the Crystal Ball?

#450 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostWhodigiya, on 23 April 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Are you referring to the one for the Crystal Ball?

Um no. The crystal ball is a dance.

If you look on the final programming schedule, there is a speed dating panel "Speed Dating 2 Electric Boogaloo! 18+" on Saturday @2:00 --- Narita A-B (Hyatt)

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users