• This topic is locked

Singles Gathering singles

#391 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, it's not looking too good. It doesn't help that the internet out here really draws wind.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#392 User is offline   DRAGONRA08 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61023

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostRuiyan07, on 07 April 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Feel free to message me if you guys want to hangout during ACen...i'll prob be all over the place with panels, exhibit hall, photoshoots(love seeing all the cosplay) :)/> Hopefully some of you will be at the forum meet and greet?

I should be there. But knowing me I'll be in the gaming all or check out the epic cosplays.
DARK ASSASSIN: PRINCE OF DARKNESS

#393 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostDRAGONRA08, on 12 April 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

I should be there. But knowing me I'll be in the gaming all or check out the epic cosplays.

What games will you be playing?

#394 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Whos going to hang out with me? :D
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#395 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59725

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

games,YES.must make my mandatory stop in the game rooms again.
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".
Acen '11-White mage[FF XI]

#396 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61483

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 12 April 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Whos going to hang out with me? :D/>

I'll keep you company at some point. Gotta spread the love to all my ACen peeps. :3

#397 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

I'll hang out with whoever if I can find them.

If anyone is going to be playing any fighting games I'll be all over that.

#398 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 12 April 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Whos going to hang out with me? :D/>

I would if I can find you?

-Taps stranger- Have you seen KungPowKirby? -Holds up missing person picture-
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#399 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Pretty sure that would be a missing Kirby picture :P
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".

#400 User is offline   Tim 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63153

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

We should hang out then. Me and my group are always looking for more people to hang out with
Anime Central 2014
Me - Friday: Mordecai (Regular Show) and Tracey Sketchit (Pokemon)
Saturday: Deuce (if WWE Photoshoot is on Saturday) or Akatsuki Member
Sunday: Deuce (if WWE Photoshoot is on Sunday)

My Brother - Friday: Rigby (Regular Show)
Saturday: Domino (if WWE Photoshoot is on Saturday) or Zero (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas)
Sunday: Domino (if WWE Photoshoot is on Sunday)

#401 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostGenichiro, on 13 April 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

I'll keep you company at some point. Gotta spread the love to all my ACen peeps. :3

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 13 April 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

I would if I can find you? -Taps stranger- Have you seen KungPowKirby? -Holds up missing person picture-

Haha That would be pretty funny. Pretty sure though theres an easier fix. I can just give you my phone number and you could text me to see where I am. XD

View PostSoren Kisamora, on 13 April 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Pretty sure that would be a missing Kirby picture :P/>

Ha! That would be hilarious. >:)

View PostTim, on 13 April 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

We should hang out then. Me and my group are always looking for more people to hang out with

Of course. :)
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#402 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 63127

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Friends! Add me! I'm going to the Meet and greet, but I don't know all the panels or anything at this con, and I bet some of you do!

OMG, if there's a gaming room, I'll be there like 50% of the time, lol.

#403 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostValkyrae, on 14 April 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Friends! Add me! I'm going to the Meet and greet, but I don't know all the panels or anything at this con, and I bet some of you do!

OMG, if there's a gaming room, I'll be there like 50% of the time, lol.

gaming ROOM? it's usually an entire floor of 1 of the hotels.

#404 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Entire floor? :o

I've only been to a small convention, so I assumed it was just a room. Wow...

#405 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostValkyrae, on 14 April 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Entire floor? :o/>

I've only been to a small convention, so I assumed it was just a room. Wow...

last year the floor was split into rooms.think it was split into...board games,tcg,arcade/machines and console/pc

#406 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

I can't wait to lose in all the games I enjoy the most.

#407 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

If they have Rock Band or Guitar hero, you'll probably see me on that shredding on the *fake* guitar on expert, although, admittedly, I'm a bit rusty since I haven't played in about half a year.

Or you might see me playing board/card games. Can't wait to crush noobs in how to settle catan.

#408 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

there was a rock band kit setup last year as i recall.lots of ddr and etc machines in the arcade.hoping the drummania machine is there again,and not broken so i can finally try it ^^;

#409 User is offline   Sephiroth Lives 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17533

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on 25 February 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

While the comments on the 10:1 male to female ratio are not productive to helping this idea, it is also typically why this has never worked out at a con before. Its been tried numerous times around numerous conventions run by the convention and fans both, but typically this is the issue. Its because there are far more guys who actively search for a girlfriend at con than women. Though there are typically more women at con overall. Most females have more of an attitude of if it happens, it happens. Also, they typically have the fear of being the only female there with the reputation that these things get.

Best of luck to you if you do continue your organization of it. Just letting you know the issues you are going to run into. If you had a base group of 5-10 females interested, it would do wonders for the initial planning.

I don't think this is the case.

I actually think there are lots of women who love anime who would love to meet their special someone at a con.

Here is where the problem lies. I would say that almost all girls at the anime convention actually like anime and are there for that sake and for the social gathering, but because the cons are soo big there are now lots of douche bags who show up at the con because they have heard their are hot girls in scantily clad outfits and they just want to hit on chicks.

They don't add to the con, they don't cosplay, they don't go to panels. They just get wasted and try to get other girls wasted. They essentially are treating the con like a trip to the club. Sadly, it can ruin the event for everyone and also distracts from an environment where you should feel comfortable being oddly dressed in your favorite cosplay or rambling on about who you Ship.

I am sad to say that after years of con going I am only seeing it get worse. I truly think that the easiest way to stop this would be to make it where a "weekend pass" gets you into the "rave", but a 1 day pass does not and 1 day pass people have to pay an additional fee to get into the "Rave". I grew up with tripp pants, and I love cool new LED crap, so I have nothing against the "costumes" for the dances, but sadly shirtless dudes in fishnet and girls in spanks and nothing else, although are perfectly fine, they also attract a certain type of people to the con. I don't want to restrict peoples fashion, I just think we should just find ways to make it less comfortable to show up as a group of guys looking to get drunk and score.

It's a hard thing to deal with. Also, I would say in general more guys actively pursue women than vis versa.

#410 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

So, judging by the previous post AND rolling all the way back to the first thread, this was originally a thread where single folks could meet one another who's relationship status was single? I thought this thread was for "singles" as in people without groups looking for groups to chill with. I suppose that makes me quite daft.

Also, DUDE Sephiroth Lives! You're from Baltimore? That's awesome.

This post has been edited by Whodigiya: 15 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

#411 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostWhodigiya, on 15 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

So, judging by the previous post AND rolling all the way back to the first thread, this was originally a thread where single folks could meet one another who's relationship status was single? I thought this thread was for "singles" as in people without groups looking for groups to chill with. I suppose that makes me quite daft.

I believe the original intent was for singles to meet other singles, like match.com, except not really.
I don't have a group to hang out with, so I'm going to the meet and greet. The thread for that is here:
http://www.ACen.org/...meet-and-greet/

View PostSephiroth Lives, on 15 April 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

They don't add to the con, they don't cosplay, they don't go to panels. They just get wasted and try to get other girls wasted. They essentially are treating the con like a trip to the club. Sadly, it can ruin the event for everyone and also distracts from an environment where you should feel comfortable being oddly dressed in your favorite cosplay or rambling on about who you Ship.

I am sad to say that after years of con going I am only seeing it get worse.

I agree. My last convention was Anime Iowa, and I was with a few people who were like that, and met more obnoxious drunk people who would yell out the window, or do other generally annoying things. I was hoping that it got better in the 2 year absence that I haven't gone to a convention.

#412 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostSephiroth Lives, on 15 April 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

I don't think this is the case.

I actually think there are lots of women who love anime who would love to meet their special someone at a con.

Here is where the problem lies. I would say that almost all girls at the anime convention actually like anime and are there for that sake and for the social gathering, but because the cons are soo big there are now lots of douche bags who show up at the con because they have heard their are hot girls in scantily clad outfits and they just want to hit on chicks.

I am sad to say that after years of con going I am only seeing it get worse. I truly think that the easiest way to stop this would be to make it where a "weekend pass" gets you into the "rave", but a 1 day pass does not and 1 day pass people have to pay an additional fee to get into the "Rave". I grew up with tripp pants, and I love cool new LED crap, so I have nothing against the "costumes" for the dances, but sadly shirtless dudes in fishnet and girls in spanks and nothing else, although are perfectly fine, they also attract a certain type of people to the con. I don't want to restrict peoples fashion, I just think we should just find ways to make it less comfortable to show up as a group of guys looking to get drunk and score.

It's a hard thing to deal with. Also, I would say in general more guys actively pursue women than vis versa.

I agree 100%. WAY Before I was staff, I was waiting in line to get to into the "Rave" there were +21 going up and down the line asking people if they wanted to sell their tickets to get into the "Rave" I think they want in is because of the huge amount of people in the area and think its the place to be. I doubt they cared that it was an anime convention.
Take A Good Look At Me

#413 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

on a lighter note...i think this forum thread is doing its job for the most part, single people are talking and meeting up and i managed to find someone that i've been chatting with every day for the last month on this thread <3
ACen 2014

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done CANT WAIT TO GET PHOTOS WITH ALL OF YOU!

#414 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Well at least the singles are mingling with each other.
Take A Good Look At Me

#415 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

The fact that it costs money to get into the conventions is a good way to both curb less interested people from getting in AND insure that like-minded folks are able to meet and share interest. That said, this type of scenario might be a little better for meeting someone you may grow to become close friends with as opposed to your average bar or hang out spot. It's too bad people will still try to sneak in. I wonder what the stats for that are like....

I'm also going to the meet and greet, but I'm assuming people from here will be going there as well. Well, at least some of the people.

This post has been edited by Whodigiya: 15 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

#416 User is offline   Valkyrae 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

You'll see me there! And if you're over 21, I'll be at the bowling alley too :)

I can't bowl for crap though, I think my average was like 130? Something terrible, lol.

#417 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostValkyrae, on 15 April 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

You'll see me there! And if you're over 21, I'll be at the bowling alley too :)/>

I can't bowl for crap though, I think my average was like 130? Something terrible, lol.

psh,i'm worse than that usually.pretty sure i don't have an average XD

#418 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

What panels are you all going to? That's a pretty good place to meet as well.

#419 User is offline   Genichiro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61483

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

View Postblackcat18, on 15 April 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

on a lighter note...i think this forum thread is doing its job for the most part, single people are talking and meeting up and i managed to find someone that i've been chatting with every day for the last month on this thread <3

Yay! Single are actually meeting each other. I wonder if I'll find anyone? :3

#420 User is offline   Elevin 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59892

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

hey everyone againnnnnn

so ill be at ACen this year alone, :o

if anyone wants to just kick it or whatnot im downnnnnnnnnnnn

^_^

• 17 Pages +
  • « First