Anime Central Forums: Singles Gathering - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Singles Gathering singles

#331 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 944
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I'm always up for meeting people as well- I'm single and while I'm not unhappy single, I'd like to meet someone as well- I love to meet new friends as well. People can PM me for my number to meet up - otherwise- I'll have a bunch of handy cards with my number on them at the meetups as well. :thumbup:
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#332 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 227
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 22 March 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

I'm always up for meeting people as well- I'm single and while I'm not unhappy single, I'd like to meet someone as well- I love to meet new friends as well. People can PM me for my number to meet up - otherwise- I'll have a bunch of handy cards with my number on them at the meetups as well. :thumbup:/>

i'll be at the meetup so i'm sure i'll see you there lol
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#333 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 944
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

View Postblackcat18, on 22 March 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

i'll be at the meetup so i'm sure i'll see you there lol


Definately will- we might have a problem if I wasnt there, seeing as I'm one of the people hosting it! lol

And I shall give you one of my cards. They are awesome! There is an anime girl on it with rainbow lettering! I :heart: them!
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#334 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59725
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 22-March 11
  • Location:Sandwich,IL

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

i'll have to see how i'm set for money this year.last year i had a phone on but idk if i'll bother to this time or not >.<
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".
Acen '11-White mage[FF XI]

#335 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 227
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

View PostSoren Kisamora, on 22 March 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

i'll have to see how i'm set for money this year.last year i had a phone on but idk if i'll bother to this time or not >.<

i can always bug you on facebook lol, my friend is bringing her laptop so i can give you a room # when we get there or something lol...we'll be there early thursday afternoon
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#336 User is offline   fooby 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59646
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 09-March 11
  • Location:Evanston IL

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Just beware of the net around there, I've learned the hard way that most hotels barely have a 20MB down / 3MB up connections. So when the convention is going on you're under 12KB down usually.
Zeeky Boogy Doog!

#337 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59725
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 22-March 11
  • Location:Sandwich,IL

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

should be alright,i plan on bringing a mobile hotspot and a tablet with me this time around.plus you can bug me on facebook all the time,don't let a convention be your sole reason to prod me XD
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".
Acen '11-White mage[FF XI]

#338 User is offline   Kamen Rider Gumo 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 63025
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 17-January 13
  • Location:West Virginia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

View Postblackcat18, on 22 March 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

i'm with you on that one Kamen, kinda makes me sick that most guys these days have to put up with that bs...if i was looking for one night stands i could hook up with my ex...he treated me like hell though and i want something that means a bit more than a relationship based on one night stands (trying to keep it pg sorry....i have no idea what the policy is on the forums language wise lol)

Soren- if you're gonna be at the con with a phone on you i can send you my phone # on facebook and you can call or text me when you get there and we can still meet up lol, momo was telling me he cant make it out til friday but he's got my # so we can meet up sometime around the con lol


I'll have a phone on me all weekend, as well; I wouldn't be opposed to meeting up at some time, just to say "hello" and make your acquaintance. It's actually really, really hard to find girls who are legitimately into anime (you'd be surprised at the number of posers I've met) and every friend I can make is a plus for me.
Why did I choose a Red Ribbon soldier for my cosplay? Because I'm a little short for a Stormtrooper.

#339 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 227
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostKamen Rider Gumo, on 23 March 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

I'll have a phone on me all weekend, as well; I wouldn't be opposed to meeting up at some time, just to say "hello" and make your acquaintance. It's actually really, really hard to find girls who are legitimately into anime (you'd be surprised at the number of posers I've met) and every friend I can make is a plus for me.

i'd be happy to send you my cell # if you like...by private message though...i dont need tellmarketers calling my cell phone (i use it as an alarm clock and i dont want it to go off before i need it to lol) i have my phone on a majority of the time, the only times its off is when i'm at work anymore lol
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#340 User is offline   TB8440 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60444
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Racine, Wisconsin

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

I have been going to ACen for the past couple of years now and I would really enjoy sharing it with someone! I have met some cool people just by walking around, but that's about it. One of them actually suggested posting here, so here I am. I have been in costume the past three years now as the biker scout with the two ewok heads on a stick . http://tinyurl.com/c7wgmxu <~ me

I have no problem meeting up for a drink or just walking around and talking. I shall be there all weekend. email, phone message here, its all good.

#341 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 944
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostTB8440, on 29 March 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

I have been going to ACen for the past couple of years now and I would really enjoy sharing it with someone! I have met some cool people just by walking around, but that's about it. One of them actually suggested posting here, so here I am. I have been in costume the past three years now as the biker scout with the two ewok heads on a stick . http://tinyurl.com/c7wgmxu <~ me

I have no problem meeting up for a drink or just walking around and talking. I shall be there all weekend. email, phone message here, its all good.

Oooh! I remember you! Your costume is awesome! (Even if it makes me a little sad... *sniffle*)
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#342 User is offline   DRAGONRA08 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61023
  • Posts: 30
  • Joined: 04-October 11
  • Location:CHICAGO, IL

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

View Postblackcat18, on 26 December 2011 - 10:42 PM, said:

Any other single otaku out there wanna meet up?...ACen is fun but it's more fun when you have someone to share it with :heart:/>

Agreed. I would've went to ACen 2013 with my gf but we broke up and she's going to ACen with someone else. but it would be awesome meet new people and see where it goes. but i say that we should have a way to like narrow people down on terms on what they have in common and personlity.
DARK ASSASSIN: PRINCE OF DARKNESS

#343 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 227
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostTB8440, on 29 March 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

I have been going to ACen for the past couple of years now and I would really enjoy sharing it with someone! I have met some cool people just by walking around, but that's about it. One of them actually suggested posting here, so here I am. I have been in costume the past three years now as the biker scout with the two ewok heads on a stick . http://tinyurl.com/c7wgmxu <~ me

I have no problem meeting up for a drink or just walking around and talking. I shall be there all weekend. email, phone message here, its all good.



View PostDRAGONRA08, on 30 March 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Agreed. I would've went to ACen 2013 with my gf but we broke up and she's going to ACen with someone else. but it would be awesome meet new people and see where it goes. but i say that we should have a way to like narrow people down on terms on what they have in common and personlity.

i dont usually talk to people with costumes that hide emotions lol...i have the same problem with clowns DX i'll be floating around ACen from thursday thru sunday afternoon, if you wanna message me ur cell # via private message i'd be happy to meet up with you at some point lol

DRAGONRA08- it would be nice to narrow down the list of people...but there are problems with who's got a cell phone, what day they arrive and then theres the figuring out what you're looking for in someone and you never know, you could like someone thats your total opposite :blink:
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#344 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 944
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I just wanted to say that I would love to talk to some people before the convention and possibly meet up there. Days like today when I'm at work and there isn't any calls coming in- I'm pretty free to message back and forth. (They dont block this site! Yay!) Just friends is fine with me, and if something happens so be it. I am single, but no pressure! I love meeting and talking to new people. :heart:
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#345 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 227
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 30 March 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

I just wanted to say that I would love to talk to some people before the convention and possibly meet up there. Days like today when I'm at work and there isn't any calls coming in- I'm pretty free to message back and forth. (They dont block this site! Yay!) Just friends is fine with me, and if something happens so be it. I am single, but no pressure! I love meeting and talking to new people. :heart:/>

if you want we can text back and forth like crazy people!! i have a full keyboard on my phone and i use all of it when i'm bored! message me ur # and we can chat anytime i'm not at work (or church...those are really the only 2 places i have my phone off)
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#346 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517
  • Posts: 564
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 30 March 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

I just wanted to say that I would love to talk to some people before the convention and possibly meet up there. Days like today when I'm at work and there isn't any calls coming in- I'm pretty free to message back and forth. (They dont block this site! Yay!) Just friends is fine with me, and if something happens so be it. I am single, but no pressure! I love meeting and talking to new people. :heart:/>/>


I feel the same, it's dead right now at work and I would like someone to talk to during the slow sessions. FREE DRINKS!!!! First 10 people to find me at work in the next 5 minutes.

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 30 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...


Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#347 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59725
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 22-March 11
  • Location:Sandwich,IL

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

wouldn't mind having a few more people to chat and blab on with.then again,gaming nerd so,that's what i primarily go on about XD.
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".
Acen '11-White mage[FF XI]

#348 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 30 March 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

I just wanted to say that I would love to talk to some people before the convention and possibly meet up there. Days like today when I'm at work and there isn't any calls coming in- I'm pretty free to message back and forth. (They dont block this site! Yay!) Just friends is fine with me, and if something happens so be it. I am single, but no pressure! I love meeting and talking to new people. :heart:/>


Just wanna chip in my salt that you can surf the web on low calls. I wish I could. Lol We can't even use our phones. Pays pretty good, so I can deal. (good pay plus fulltime is the,business lol) still, i would like to internet surf. Lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#349 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 944
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 31 March 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Just wanna chip in my salt that you can surf the web on low calls. I wish I could. Lol We can't even use our phones. Pays pretty good, so I can deal. (good pay plus fulltime is the,business lol) still, i would like to internet surf. Lol


We can surf news websites etc, I'm probably pushing it with the forums, but other people are on different ones all the time and its not a big deal for them. We cant do facebook, shopping or anything.
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#350 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583
  • Posts: 944
  • Joined: 07-April 10
  • Location:Des Moines, IA

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

View Postblackcat18, on 30 March 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

if you want we can text back and forth like crazy people!! i have a full keyboard on my phone and i use all of it when i'm bored! message me ur # and we can chat anytime i'm not at work (or church...those are really the only 2 places i have my phone off)


Thats fine, I can send you my number, though it wont help me at work... my phone has little to no reception at my desk, so I doubt I'll get the messages. Worth a shot though!

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 30 March 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

I feel the same, it's dead right now at work and I would like someone to talk to during the slow sessions. FREE DRINKS!!!! First 10 people to find me at work in the next 5 minutes.


I want a free drink... :thumbup: Its a little late though. Oh wells. lol


View PostSoren Kisamora, on 30 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

wouldn't mind having a few more people to chat and blab on with.then again,gaming nerd so,that's what i primarily go on about XD.


You can talk to me about gaming, though I mainly play old school games and WoW. lol
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#351 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517
  • Posts: 564
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostKungPowKirby, on 31 March 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

I want a free drink... :thumbup:/> Its a little late though. Oh wells. lol


The funny thing was as soon as I said that, I got customers.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...


Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#352 User is offline   MOMO2 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49830
  • Posts: 194
  • Joined: 12-February 10
  • Location:On road less traveled.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

I am always up to meeting more people! If you want to get a hold of my number pm me or just say hi =)
The only thing to fear is yourself.

#353 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59725
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 22-March 11
  • Location:Sandwich,IL

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

psh,we can talk about anything.i'm also a good listener~
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".
Acen '11-White mage[FF XI]

#354 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 227
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostMOMO2, on 31 March 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

I am always up to meeting more people! If you want to get a hold of my number pm me or just say hi =)

i'll have to message you sometime this week....i get bored on my saturday breaks and i've always got my phone on me lol
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#355 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517
  • Posts: 564
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostMOMO2, on 31 March 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

I am always up to meeting more people! If you want to get a hold of my number pm me or just say hi =)


Hello!

View PostSoren Kisamora, on 31 March 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

psh,we can talk about anything.i'm also a good listener~


If two or more good listeners are next to each other then who will talk? How much wood could a wood chuck cut if a wood chuck at $12 an hour with a high demand of chucked wood but the wood chuck has limited sources of chucking wood?

View Postblackcat18, on 31 March 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

i'll have to message you sometime this week....i get bored on my saturday breaks and i've always got my phone on me lol


Even while you sleep? -_- :yawn: I need mine within reach to hit the snooze button.....repeatedly.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...


Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#356 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59725
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 22-March 11
  • Location:Sandwich,IL

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

jeez, i can be a good listener as well as a good conversation starter you know >.>
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".
Acen '11-White mage[FF XI]

#357 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 227
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 31 March 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Hello!



If two or more good listeners are next to each other then who will talk? How much wood could a wood chuck cut if a wood chuck at $12 an hour with a high demand of chucked wood but the wood chuck has limited sources of chucking wood?



Even while you sleep? -_-/> :yawn:/> I need mine within reach to hit the snooze button.....repeatedly.

i use mine as an alarm on days i work so yeah...its usually only off when i'm actually working lol
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#358 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517
  • Posts: 564
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Really? At my job they want us to have the ringer on since that's the only way our bosses can reach us now that the landlines are down.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...


Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#359 User is offline   Fantasia 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63205
  • Posts: 254
  • Joined: 25-February 13
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

This sounds good, yes. I am always up for texting I'm a good listener. I am barely turning 18 but I always seem to have some advice up my sleeve when needed. :3
ACen COSPLAYS 2015:

Giratina


#360 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 227
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

i'm always willing to text as long as i have someones # and they dont mind random messages at odd hours lol
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

  • 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users