Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#32 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Heh TBH, I thought this was just a gathering prior to ACen. With all respect to the OP, like the others here have said, you can just typically meet people in general at the con be it at random, at meet up events, room parties, etc. If you talk to another single person and are interested, exchange contact info in some way (phone, FB, email, etc.)

I'm single and while it can be great and drama-free (sometimes lol) there are other times that I wish I had someone. One thing I could recommend to those at ACen, especially all the single ladies (all the single ladies!!) is to try the speed dating panel on Saturday. Again, the ratio thing may come into play again (again big •surprise•, lol) but hey it doesn't hurt to try right? Before people shout "This idea is stupid" let me tell ya, a friend of mine went to the C2E2 one last year (that was March) and is still dating her to this day. Of course, "results may vary" and what not. Just an idea though.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#33 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostSTVO, on 25 February 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'm single and while it can be great and drama-free (sometimes lol) there are other times that I wish I had someone. One thing I could recommend to those at ACen, especially all the single ladies (all the single ladies!!) is to try the speed dating panel on Saturday. Again, the ratio thing may come into play again (again big •surprise•, lol) but hey it doesn't hurt to try right? Before people shout "This idea is stupid" let me tell ya, a friend of mine went to the C2E2 one last year (that was March) and is still dating her to this day. Of course, "results may vary" and what not. Just an idea though.

I getcha man. But it's gotta stay salty in hereeeeee ;3

on a serious note, yeah that's really cool for your friend. Congrats to him! :D Super awesome. Hahaha, I remember dating someone from a con.....IT WAS A DISASTER!

Gotta stay salty.
Xenooooo~oh is salty oh, oh~ Motokooooo~ is a peppaaaaaa yo~ oh oh~
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#34 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

You guys may like salt, but I consider myself sweet. Like SUGAR!!!!

Def Leppard, take it away!!!

http://youtu.be/AQ4xwmZ6zi4

POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME!!!!!!!
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#35 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostSTVO, on 25 February 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Heh TBH, I thought this was just a gathering prior to ACen. With all respect to the OP, like the others here have said, you can just typically meet people in general at the con be it at random, at meet up events, room parties, etc. If you talk to another single person and are interested, exchange contact info in some way (phone, FB, email, etc.)

well no one will be confusing me for a non-single with all the walking alone i'll be doing T_T i'm not very talkative so i usually draw my sketchbook around with me so i have something for people to talk to me about T_T
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#36 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

View Postblackcat18, on 26 February 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

well no one will be confusing me for a non-single with all the walking alone i'll be doing T_T i'm not very talkative so i usually draw my sketchbook around with me so i have something for people to talk to me about T_T

Well if you want to change that, go about changing that. Hang out around the forums a bit to try to meet people you may want to hang out with. Put yourself in social situations where you can meet people to hang out with. The forum meet and greet is a good opportunity and I make sure that people actually intermingle and its not 20 people all going off into separate cliques.

Some of it also depends what it is you want to do at con. At the very least, sketchbook is a good conversation starter.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#37 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostSTVO, on 25 February 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

you know THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS!!!!! Def Leppard is probably one of my favorite bands. But if I had a man singing that to me when I met him, I'd be like "O_______o"
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#38 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Damn. Should've sung that then instead of Chumbawamba
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#39 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostSTVO, on 25 February 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Thanks for the song I needed a sugar boost!

Pour some sugar on me
Ooh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
C'mon fire me up
Pour your sugar on me
Oh, I can't get enough
Pour some sugar on me
Oh, in the name of love
Pour some sugar on me
Get it, come get it
Pour your sugar on me
Ooh
Pour some sugar on me
Yeah! Sugar me!

Anyways is anyone going to make plans?
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#40 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 26 February 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

you know THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS!!!!! Def Leppard is probably one of my favorite bands. But if I had a man singing that to me when I met him, I'd be like "O_______o"

Hahahaha. :D -note to self, stop singing/re-enacting music video when meeting girls, it's not appealing.-

Guess I shouldn't use this one either! Especially since this was from my parents' days. XD

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nE2spOw_o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 26 February 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

Anyway is anyone going to make any plans?

I personally just recommend the route Flying Elf recommended with the two meetups this forum has and to just communicate with forum
Members here and on Facebok (my primary spot. :D). I did notice that it does conflict with the OP's case and maybe others as she can't come until late Friday. Hmm.. An issue with me going to one is I have other buddies, panels, and such to attend during the weekend. If you guys do form one, maybe I'll try to stop by, but it depends when/where. I recommend going to panels and striking up conversation prior or after. There's also room parties, the dances, speed dating, and other ways.

Well whatever is decided, best of luck! :D

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#41 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Felf knows I always agree with him. Lol same with what he said. Lol

And they are having speed dating again? Really? Really??

*gigafacepalm*
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#42 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Far as I can recall, speeddating has always been a flop, and not to be rude but it's usually a huge turnout of creepers and people looking for an easy piece of....Well...you know. Elf has always known what's up so it's best to listen to him for this.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#43 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 26 February 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Felf knows I always agree with him. Lol same with what he said. Lol

And they are having speed dating again? Really? Really??

*gigafacepalm*

As do I. It's all about getting up and meeting people, and putting yourself out there. No one will come to you. I feel smaller cons are easier to do this at, since small cons gets everyone really together and most people go to every panel since they only have one or two panels acutally going at the same time. Well, at least KollisonCon and i hear Anime Midwest was like that as well. I had a lot of time to talk to people at KollisonCon since there was a lot of nice downtime to do whatever. Like make friends! ^_^

Xeno, if you go to speed dating I will too :3

#44 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm skeptical on it to be honest, but I'll give it a shot. If there's like three girls and 20 guys I'll politely excuse myself. It appears to have been successful for those at C2E2 (friend story) so, hell why not? You never know, maybe I'll find someone prior to the event (hey quit laughing! ;P)

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#45 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostSTVO, on 26 February 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

I'm skeptical on it to be honest, but I'll give it a shot. If there's like three girls and 20 guys I'll politely excuse myself. It appears to have been successful for those at C2E2 (friend story) so, hell why not? You never know, maybe I'll find someone prior to the event (hey quit laughing! ;P)

Pish posh STVO! I would never laugh. Just be saaaaalty. :3

To be honest i have no idea when this gathering is. And STVO we'll hang out if its awkward. And Xeno can come alone too. We'll be saaaalty.

#46 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

I dont want to go, but if I can help the ratio...lol

Still don't. Lol dont drag me there. Lol tho id love to watch lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#47 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

We shall watch and bring salty fries and salty popcorn to munch on as we see it all unfold. yessss~ ;3

and lots of KETCHUP!

#48 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

Can I have some fries?
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#49 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

View Postblackcat18, on 26 February 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

Talk about TIGER AND BUNNY PAIRINGS.

I might come and watch in a corner if this does happen....and laugh if it's 20 guys and one girl. I might help you out if you are that one girl X3

@Xeno: I thought they were not going to do that due to lack of interest?! O_O

@Magi:

Posted Image
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#50 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

*takes a fry and runs*

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag :3

#51 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

I didn't take a fry
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#52 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Can't forget the ketchup! lol

Also I thought the same Fuji! But apparently it is going? Lol. Well good luck to them, not too interested. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#53 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 27 February 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

Can't forget the ketchup! lol

Also I thought the same Fuji! But apparently it is going? Lol. Well good luck to them, not too interested. lol

You better go if I go. Since we gotta make a salty hypertonic environment. :3

#54 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 27 February 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

You better go if I go. Since we gotta make a salty hypertonic environment. :3

Does any of that involve bacon?
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#55 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

YES Bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips.
and candy sushi shall be there also to commence. :3

#56 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 27 February 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

YES Bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips.
and candy sushi shall be there also to commence. :3

I'll bring my mad bacon flipin skills son!
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#57 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

With Jzack Dannellls!!!!

BACON BACON BACON!!!!! salt n bacon. But just to keep 1% percent of this serious, hope it works out.

But I listen to the 99%. And they say to troll, SO I AM. ;3

#58 User is online   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 27 February 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

With Jzack Dannellls!!!!

BACON BACON BACON!!!!! salt n bacon. But just to keep 1% percent of this serious, hope it works out.

But I listen to the 99%. And they say to troll, SO I AM. ;3

Preciously. You're not a 1% elitist snob. You're part of the 99%. And we say let's get some Bacon up in here! Occupy....with Bacon

This post has been edited by magishine: 27 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#59 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

View Postmagishine, on 27 February 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Preciously. You're not a 1% elitist snob. You're part of the 99%. And we say let's get some Bacon up in here! Occupy....with Bacon

omg THAT IS THE SOLUTION TO THE ECONOMY lol. But the bacon cannot be apart of factory farm pigs! Natural farm grown pigs that are not owned by corporations. :D

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 27 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

#60 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Oh, the speed dating.
I went to it the first year it was implemented I believe and it was a sausage fest (as expected).
But that's not to say it won't be awesome this year! :3 Anime/manga/video games/just nerding out is becoming quite big among the ladies these days, so maybe we'll see a more balanced ratio? In any case, it'll be a hoot!

Buttt as much as I hate to admit it, Elf is right. You can't just expect these things to fall in your lap. Get out there, get active on the forums (Why, I dated someone for over 3 years I met on the forums here! Don't ask anything beyond that. >:|) and just chill out.

If it happens, it happens. <3
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users