Anime Central Forums: Singles Gathering - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Singles Gathering singles

#181 User is offline   Genichiro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483
  • Posts: 201
  • Joined: 08-February 12

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

View Postnouseforaname, on 14 April 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

Most definitely. If she never did then I wouldn't have ever spoken with her the way I do.

Exactly! :3

View Postblackcat18, on 15 April 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

well acen is 2 weeks away...idk if this thread will turn into anything in real life but at least the single people are talking XD on the bright side my Vocaloid Meiko cosplay is done lol

Would be nice if it did. Being single has left my life a little too predictable. XD

#182 User is offline   cidwind42 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61749
  • Posts: 66
  • Joined: 18-March 12

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostGenichiro, on 16 April 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Exactly! :3


Would be nice if it did. Being single has left my life a little too predictable. XD


An interesting point..and I'll post the moment I can find the study...but a University (I think in Cali) did a study and found that those who live alone and those who are single are vastly more likely to go out to events, volunteer, visit friends, and meet new people. So don't take being single as a burden..see it as an opportunity.
Not saying you shouldn't want to find someone, but don't it bother you too much :)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

#183 User is offline   Genichiro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483
  • Posts: 201
  • Joined: 08-February 12

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

View Postcidwind42, on 16 April 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

An interesting point..and I'll post the moment I can find the study...but a University (I think in Cali) did a study and found that those who live alone and those who are single are vastly more likely to go out to events, volunteer, visit friends, and meet new people. So don't take being single as a burden..see it as an opportunity.
Not saying you shouldn't want to find someone, but don't it bother you too much :)

It doesn't bother me too much, but I'd like to have enough time to be with someone while I'm still young enough and free of enough burdens to do stuff and have a good time. XD

#184 User is offline   cidwind42 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61749
  • Posts: 66
  • Joined: 18-March 12

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostGenichiro, on 17 April 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

It doesn't bother me too much, but I'd like to have enough time to be with someone while I'm still young enough and free of enough burdens to do stuff and have a good time. XD

*like reply*
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

#185 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

View Postcidwind42, on 18 April 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

*like reply*


*reply to reply*
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#186 User is offline   Soren Kisamora 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59725
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 22-March 11
  • Location:Sandwich,IL

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 22 April 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

*reply to reply*

you sir, possibly have the best forum name in existence.
"I don't need to prove that i'm right,i simply need to prove that you're wrong".
Acen '11-White mage[FF XI]

#187 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostSoren Kisamora, on 22 April 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

you sir, possibly have the best forum name in existence.


Yeah, well...shucks. ^^;
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#188 User is offline   Babyloser 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59040
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 18-November 10
  • Location:Hoffman Estates

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostSaiyan_Prince, on 24 February 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

I may be interested....

WOah now, is that you in the pic?..

#189 User is offline   MMX 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61752
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 19-March 12

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

I just found this thread and I feel let to the party lol. On the bright side, acen in three days!

#190 User is offline   nouseforaname 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421
  • Posts: 1,807
  • Joined: 15-May 08
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

What the hell. Why not.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#191 User is offline   MMX 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61752
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 19-March 12

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

sorry i mean late not let, damn laptop.

#192 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostMMX, on 24 April 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

sorry i mean late not let, damn laptop.


*pats* ^^;
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#193 User is offline   MMX 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61752
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 19-March 12

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

yeah, damn laptops aging on me and im stickin to that story lol

#194 User is offline   RogueShinobi 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19520
  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: 30-September 08
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Is it wrong to feel awkward posting in here...no...but I generally do. Been single for roughly 5 years now, I look back now and see it was puppy love not LOVE. Infatuation has given way to a deeper meaning and hope of connection. I live in a world filled with misunderstanding, hoping that one day someone will open up that which has been sealed away by the formalities that are common misconception. Looking through a frosted window on that which is pale in comparison. A back-lit shadow cast upon a soul. Rebuilt to last after many a hardship, longing to be called and comforted by someone.

I know my random babbling is off-kilter. In what seems like a blink of an eye, the hole entirety of life can simply change, but when you reflect on the past and finally, finally realize that who you were is but a dire attempt to achieve social acceptance, a glimmer of light can be cast upon the most unsuspecting of people. the one that is counted out, the last one picked, the black sheep of the community. The stereotypical prototypes that have been chiseled and burned into people minds are of nothing but fantasies. To judge a person based upon appearance alone is the same as judging an innocent man guilty of a crime in which they did not commit.

Other than that, given the opportunity to meet someone at something of this sort would be great. I know my speech can sound different or odd, but the meanings of what is spoken is so much more important than what is on the surface of a person.

This post has been edited by RogueShinobi: 26 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

"Be you, Be yourself, Let no one change who you are."

"The world is a treacherous place, learn from it, embrace it, make it your own."

Take a look, feel free to comment and leave feedback. Thanks!

Slideshow of a few of my pictures.

#195 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostRogueShinobi, on 26 April 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Is it wrong to feel awkward posting in here...no...but I generally do. Been single for roughly 5 years now, I look back now and see it was puppy love not LOVE. Infatuation has given way to a deeper meaning and hope of connection. I live in a world filled with misunderstanding, hoping that one day someone will open up that which has been sealed away by the formalities that are common misconception. Looking through a frosted window on that which is pale in comparison. A back-lit shadow cast upon a soul. Rebuilt to last after many a hardship, longing to be called and comforted by someone.

I know my random babbling is off-kilter. In what seems like a blink of an eye, the hole entirety of life can simply change, but when you reflect on the past and finally, finally realize that who you were is but a dire attempt to achieve social acceptance, a glimmer of light can be cast upon the most unsuspecting of people. the one that is counted out, the last one picked, the black sheep of the community. The stereotypical prototypes that have been chiseled and burned into people minds are of nothing but fantasies. To judge a person based upon appearance alone is the same as judging an innocent man guilty of a crime in which they did not commit.

Other than that, given the opportunity to meet someone at something of this sort would be great. I know my speech can sound different or odd, but the meanings of what is spoken is so much more important than what is on the surface of a person.


;3
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#196 User is offline   Lockezor 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 49734
  • Posts: 17
  • Joined: 10-February 10

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

If this is still going down I'll definitely come by, even if just to meet folk and hang out.

#197 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974
  • Posts: 693
  • Joined: 07-September 04
  • Location:Chicago / Berwyn, IL / Elkhart County, IN

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Was totally an up and down weekend. ^^;
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#198 User is offline   MMX 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61752
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 19-March 12

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

It was an amazing weekend...until night rolled around and i ended up taking care of ten drunk as hell people lol. Hard to meet single ladies when im making sure those ten people dont do anything stupid.

#199 User is offline   Genichiro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483
  • Posts: 201
  • Joined: 08-February 12

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

I came close, but alas, still single. That's okay, though, there's always next time. :3

#200 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 610
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostGenichiro, on 06 May 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

I came close, but alas, still single. That's okay, though, there's always next time. :3



Eh no worries. Plus if you've met a few people of interests, you can always try to keep in contact with them on here, Facebook, e-mail, or whatever! Maybe something will develop between summer and next year. You never know! Don't think too hard on it though, just have fun and enjoy this summer! I personally can't wait!

This post has been edited by STVO: 06 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#201 User is offline   Genichiro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483
  • Posts: 201
  • Joined: 08-February 12

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

View PostSTVO, on 06 May 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Eh no worries. Plus if you've met a few people of interests, you can always try to keep in contact with them on here, Facebook, e-mail, or whatever! Maybe something will develop between summer and next year. You never know! Don't think too hard on it though, just have fun and enjoy this summer! I personally can't wait!

Yep, I plan to hit people up on FB. I remember one girl giving a general warning about trying to call her on the phone at the wrong time. XD

#202 User is offline   brasilianman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62095
  • Posts: 103
  • Joined: 24-April 12
  • Location:Woodridge, IL

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

I guess I'm the late one posting here. I would love finding like-minded people here as well because I've always wanted to be along with someone that shares my similar hobbies. I'm willing to share anything about myself if anyone asks.

BTW, I'm a 30/m but I look and act like I'm 25.
ACen Cosplays:
Friday: 9th Dr from Dr Who
Saturday: Goomba from Super Mario Bros
Sunday: Ratio from Hamatora the Animation
Rave Attire: Mordecai from Regular Show in KUNG FU of death... clothing (without the mullet)

#203 User is offline   Dengen 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62793
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 31-October 12

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

im just looking to meet up with some people once i get there i have been going for 3 years single every time lol, non of my friends seem to like teh whole anime screen so im just looking to meet up and hang out there... BTW 24/M and ill be cosplaying as Lavi

#204 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 225
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postbrasilianman, on 16 November 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

I guess I'm the late one posting here. I would love finding like-minded people here as well because I've always wanted to be along with someone that shares my similar hobbies. I'm willing to share anything about myself if anyone asks.

BTW, I'm a 30/m but I look and act like I'm 25.



View PostDengen, on 25 November 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

im just looking to meet up with some people once i get there i have been going for 3 years single every time lol, non of my friends seem to like teh whole anime screen so im just looking to meet up and hang out there... BTW 24/M and ill be cosplaying as Lavi

pleasure to meet the both of you ;) I'm going to be 25/F by next ACen (my birthday will be the day before it all starts up so my friend and I are going up on my birthday to spend it chilling in the pool and getting things organized so we can sleep in on friday lol)though most people mistake me for a 16 year old -_- I didnt get very far at the last con wiht anyone either T_T for the most part I was strolling around with my friend in panels or in the dealers room or at photo shoots...i was busy the whole time DX I'm still up for meeting people though
ACen 2014

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done CANT WAIT TO GET PHOTOS WITH ALL OF YOU!

#205 User is offline   brasilianman 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 62095
  • Posts: 103
  • Joined: 24-April 12
  • Location:Woodridge, IL

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

Sweet. I usually get confused for being 25 or even older (depending if I grow out my beard). I've sent you a message and look forward of chatting with you.

View Postblackcat18, on 09 December 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

pleasure to meet the both of you ;)/> I'm going to be 25/F by next ACen (my birthday will be the day before it all starts up so my friend and I are going up on my birthday to spend it chilling in the pool and getting things organized so we can sleep in on friday lol)though most people mistake me for a 16 year old -_-/> I didnt get very far at the last con wiht anyone either T_T for the most part I was strolling around with my friend in panels or in the dealers room or at photo shoots...i was busy the whole time DX I'm still up for meeting people though

ACen Cosplays:
Friday: 9th Dr from Dr Who
Saturday: Goomba from Super Mario Bros
Sunday: Ratio from Hamatora the Animation
Rave Attire: Mordecai from Regular Show in KUNG FU of death... clothing (without the mullet)

#206 User is offline   rcallewaert 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61013
  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: 02-October 11

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hey guys, just letting you know that ACen Speed Dating has been approved for 2013! Singles(or people looking for friends) rejoice! XD

#207 User is offline   Genichiro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483
  • Posts: 201
  • Joined: 08-February 12

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Speed dating doesn't work very well for people like me XD

#208 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 225
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostGenichiro, on 11 December 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

Speed dating doesn't work very well for people like me XD

ditto...if speed dating worked I wouldnt need to go to a seperate place to do it...i could just randomly pick up guys i said hi to on the con floor <_<
ACen 2014

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done CANT WAIT TO GET PHOTOS WITH ALL OF YOU!

#209 User is offline   blackcat18 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853
  • Posts: 225
  • Joined: 18-January 08
  • Location:South Beloit, Il

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

anybody up for doing something the Thursday night before the con?...It'll be my 25th birthday my friend and I will be out there that night to spend it around fellow fangirls/fanboys if anyone wants to help me set something up....
ACen 2014

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done CANT WAIT TO GET PHOTOS WITH ALL OF YOU!

#210 User is offline   Genichiro 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61483
  • Posts: 201
  • Joined: 08-February 12

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

I might; depends on if the group I was with last ACen are doing something or not. You could always join us. :3

  • 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users