• This topic is locked

Singles Gathering singles

#1 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

Any other single otaku out there wanna meet up?...Acen is fun but it's more fun when you have someone to share it with :heart:
ACen 2014

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done CANT WAIT TO GET PHOTOS WITH ALL OF YOU!

#2 User is offline   Normandy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59117

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

It could be fun if it works out, but that's assuming you don't wind up with a 10:1 male:female ratio. :P

#3 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

^ This, lol. I guess you can try and throw something at like Gameworks, Mitsuwa, or something like that.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#4 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

I live a little to far away to be able to participate. Good idea though.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#5 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm up for it sometime... Gameworks is two mins away and Mitsuwa is like 10...
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#6 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

i live in south beloit....acen is about the only time i'm near the chicago area T_T
ACen 2014

#7 User is offline   TheArraigner 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61451

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

Bump because I think this is a great idea that I would like to be a part of. I agree with the above pointing out that you'll have to draw in a decent number of girls to even out the ratio.

#8 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostNormandy, on 30 December 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

It could be fun if it works out, but that's assuming you don't wind up with a 10:1 male:female ratio. :P

Is it really that bad or am I just blind to the uneven figures? o.o?
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#9 User is offline   Nicholas/Chaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 27751

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

ahhh umm watch out for creepers ?
My Facebook - My Cosplay.com - My Youtube - My deviantART -
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cosplayer PlayStation Network: Cosplayer55

#10 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostNicholas/Chaos, on 03 February 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

ahhh umm watch out for creepers ?

creepers are kinda what i'm afraid of...though i am a girl that looks 14 (or so i've been told) but after this acen i'll be celebrating my 24th birthday...i've been hit on by middle schoolers before...which kinda makes me the creeper for playing along XD i'm such a shota fiend
ACen 2014

#11 User is offline   LordCanti 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19521

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

creeper is as creeper does
Lets be friends :3
Facebook :o
last.fm my music tastes ;3
Newly made deviantART :x
Working on Making Props for my Stiyl Magnus Cosplay

#12 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Well, seeing as how i'll be going to acen with 4 of my friends, 2 of which are a couple. I'd like to get in on this...and creeper it out
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#13 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Possibly, if it works out. Need to decide on the time, Thursday is usually best for these kind of things. Mind you there is already meet-ups happening. There is the forum meetup at 8 and then IHOP, late night meetup, and usually a party or two. People do usually hang out at the Red Bar before the forum meetup though, so around 7 might be good?

First thing ill suggest though is have the meetup be 18+ as there is less liability that way. Also there's really no way to control the girl to boy ratio...
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#14 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

i wont be in the chicago area till friday nite of acen...family thing...i'll be spending a lot of time at the embassy bar though lol XD
ACen 2014

#15 User is offline   Shinamura 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58903

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

that's how anything at the con goes..
"Whats the point of having boobs if I dont use them to my advantage?"

-a random conversation at acen 2010.

#16 User is offline   FoolInCool 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17895

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

everything could be fun at a con but when u post single and gathering in the same post it usually calls for insanity

#17 User is offline   Normandy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59117

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

I won't be there on Thursday either, so I won't be able to go if it's then. Maybe Friday would be better? :unsure:

#18 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostNormandy, on 20 February 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

I won't be there on Thursday either, so I won't be able to go if it's then. Maybe Friday would be better? :unsure:

Doing any kind of gathering like this could be difficult on a regular convention day. You start competing with panels, dealers hall, events, etc.
I love my ACen family! Whether or not I return next year- please know I love you all! Until we meet again!

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#19 User is offline   Saiyan_Prince 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61570

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

I may be interested....

#20 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

While the comments on the 10:1 male to female ratio are not productive to helping this idea, it is also typically why this has never worked out at a con before. Its been tried numerous times around numerous conventions run by the convention and fans both, but typically this is the issue. Its because there are far more guys who actively search for a girlfriend at con than women. Though there are typically more women at con overall. Most females have more of an attitude of if it happens, it happens. Also, they typically have the fear of being the only female there with the reputation that these things get.

Best of luck to you if you do continue your organization of it. Just letting you know the issues you are going to run into. If you had a base group of 5-10 females interested, it would do wonders for the initial planning.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#21 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Agreed with felf. Ratio is an issue, and needs attention. That and creepers. but as long as you are in a group and don't push off, it should be fine. Good luck with your meetup.. Just know the single meetup is never a walk in the park. Lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#22 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 25 February 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Agreed with felf. Ratio is an issue, and needs attention. That and creepers. but as long as you are in a group and don't push off, it should be fine. Good luck with your meetup.. Just know the single meetup is never a walk in the park. Lol

The reason that I don't go to these is the poor ratio that has been mentioned. It's awkward when you're one of like three girls that show up. XD It's either every girl at ACEN is in a relationship or all the other singles fear the ratio as well. XD And since it would be a perfect world for the primer to be true, then it has to be the latter.

Xeno, you so salty. XD
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#23 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Are you saying that males are more single than females?! LIES! Explain all the single milfs and underage teenagers with babies in my city!

But outside of jokes what could happen is:

Desperate males trying to find single women, in said ratio

Nobody shows up

People looking for people in the wrong places. Such as if you are single you are a booty call in their lusty eyes instead of having a decent relationship :lol:

But if you must have it, try Ihop or Mitsuwa.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 25 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#24 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 25 February 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

The reason that I don't go to these is the poor ratio that has been mentioned. It's awkward when you're one of like three girls that show up. XD It's either every girl at ACEN is in a relationship or all the other singles fear the ratio as well. XD And since it would be a perfect world for the primer to be true, then it has to be the latter.

Xeno, you so salty. XD

I go great with fries lol

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 25 February 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Are you saying that males are more single than females?! LIES! Explain all the single milfs and underage teenagers with babies in my city!

But outside of jokes what could happen is:

Desperate males trying to find single women, in said ratio

Nobody shows up

People looking for people in the wrong places. Such as if you are single you are a booty call in their lusty eyes instead of having a decent relationship :lol:

But if you must have it, try Ihop or Mitsuwa.

MUST RESIST ANSWERING QUESTION BOUT SINGLE LADIES IN HER TOWN...lol You don't want me to answer that. Lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#25 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 25 February 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

I go great with fries lol

MUST RESIST ANSWERING QUESTION BOUT SINGLE LADIES IN HER TOWN...lol You don't want me to answer that. Lol

ALL THE SINGLE LADIES! ALL THE SINGLE LADIES! ALL THE SINGLE LADIES! *dancing* Xeno, do you like ketchup?

These singles gatherings always make me thankful that im single. and prove to me why im single. Oh wouldnt you all wanna figure out why? ;3 that didnt make sense.

IF YOU LIKED IT THEN YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#26 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 25 February 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

They either Jelly or go good with Gravy or want that Bling bling. :lol:

I'm still considered 'Outside of the norm,' in that section.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#27 User is offline   Nikku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61480

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

Just ....i....I think this gave me a stroke.
ACen 2014 cosplays Hirano kouta-H.O.T.D Sith Lord (maybe?) 2 ton 21, Monarch chief Henchman.

#28 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Mah boy Xeno is Salty maaaaann.

I say Singles gathering at the Salty house of Xeno fries.

#29 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 25 February 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Mah boy Xeno is Salty maaaaann.

I say Singles gathering at the Salty house of Xeno fries.

You mean salty mansion. Lol with lots and lots of ketchup.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#30 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 25 February 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

You mean salty mansion. Lol with lots and lots of ketchup.

Oh dang first of all it's as castle. Can I be pepper if you're salt? Maybe we should have the gathering at the Mickey D's near ACEN. It's all salty n greasy in there. That would be a nice setting to meet some hottttttt singlesez.

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users