Anime Central Forums: ACEN Masquerade 2012: Questions? Ask here! - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ACEN Masquerade 2012: Questions? Ask here!

#31 User is offline   Jazhed508 

• ACen Staff - Masquerade
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 109

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostMarin Musica, on 21 March 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Ok, i found and replied to the email about needing to change my entry information. No one has replied to me about it yet though, it's been two days since i sent the email. I'm just curious if I got it and if things are ok?

Due to job requirements(extensive travelling), Jon usually processes changes/entries starting on Fridays, going throughout the weekend. If you do not have an answer by the end of the weekend, let me know.

#32 User is offline   Jazhed508 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 20 March 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity.

1. Would a Western character that was created by a Japenese game company be allowed?

2. What of characters from say a Chinese comic, or one from Tailand?

From my standpoint, I would not be able to answer these questions. There just isn't enough information provided to give a solid answer. I know you probably do not want to announce to the world your character specifics, so please send a message to Jon directly so your questions can be properly answered.

This post has been edited by Jazhed508: 21 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

#33 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 7153

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostJazhed508, on 21 March 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Due to job requirements(extensive travelling), Jon usually processes changes/entries starting on Fridays, going throughout the weekend. If you do not have an answer by the end of the weekend, let me know.

Answered.... Sorry it took a bit!

View Postrokakurumi, on 18 March 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

Hello, It's my first time going to the masquerade so i wanted to know where do we go to get tickets to watch it. I was told we had to get tickets first and where do we stand in line.

My current understanding is that there are NOT tickets this year. Obviously, read your programming book in case things change but go with that for now. As for standing in line... head for where the event is an hour or two early and you'll find it. IRT has done different things with the line over the years, but it always starts right in front of the room.

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 20 March 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity.

1. Would a Western character that was created by a Japenese game company be allowed?

2. What of characters from say a Chinese comic, or one from Tailand?

Send me an email. I'm going to want the character name and the series/game. It's going to be very much on a case-by-case basis.

This post has been edited by sabre: 21 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

#34 User is offline   moyahshi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61778

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

i have a few xD

first off, is it okay for someone to walk on stage with you, even though they aren't participating the the contest? Their costume wouldn't be judged or anything, but they would pretty much come up for poses and stuff...

and will a map of the location of the judging be posted? or will it be on the main map (if there is one)?

Thanks.... this'll only be my second masquerade and I'm nervous as all getout xD
Takuya [Digimon]
Noriko [Gunbuster]
Junko [Dangan Ronpa]
Ryuko [Kill la Kill]

#35 User is offline   HEDGESMFG 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 108

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hi.

I submitted a skit application somewhere between early February and late January and still have yet to receive even a single email acknowledging the state of the skit's acceptance, including a response to the email I just sent them from mechasalesman@gmail.com questioning if they had received my application and perhaps had issues with the email address. At the time of submission, I was sure the application was completed and went through, yet now I am waiting for any sort of confirmation. Should I be worried? Is this a sign of trouble? Is there anyone I can contact here to ensure that things are still on track and my submission was received? All material for my skit is currently completed, and our costumes are progressing well. It'd be horrible if some technical error in the process messed things up for us.

Thank you for your time. If there are any specific questions you have for me regarding the skit, application, participants, ect. ect. Feel free to PM me. I appreciate the time taken to keep me in the know!

#36 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

View Postmoyahshi, on 23 March 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

i have a few xD

first off, is it okay for someone to walk on stage with you, even though they aren't participating the the contest? Their costume wouldn't be judged or anything, but they would pretty much come up for poses and stuff...

and will a map of the location of the judging be posted? or will it be on the main map (if there is one)?

Thanks.... this'll only be my second masquerade and I'm nervous as all getout xD

Regarding #1: Yes

Regarding #2: All will be explained when you check in :)

#37 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostHEDGESMFG, on 23 March 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

Hi.

I submitted a skit application somewhere between early February and late January and still have yet to receive even a single email acknowledging the state of the skit's acceptance, including a response to the email I just sent them from mechasalesman@gmail.com questioning if they had received my application and perhaps had issues with the email address. At the time of submission, I was sure the application was completed and went through, yet now I am waiting for any sort of confirmation. Should I be worried? Is this a sign of trouble? Is there anyone I can contact here to ensure that things are still on track and my submission was received? All material for my skit is currently completed, and our costumes are progressing well. It'd be horrible if some technical error in the process messed things up for us.

Thank you for your time. If there are any specific questions you have for me regarding the skit, application, participants, ect. ect. Feel free to PM me. I appreciate the time taken to keep me in the know!

Mecha;

It was received. You were sent a response on/about Jan 10th; I've forwarded it to you. If you don't have it -- check your spam filter.

Thx!

#38 User is offline   Samguin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61739

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

This may be one of the dumbest questions ever, but, a friend a part of my pokemon group did an original design for Marowak and she was wondering if can enter it for giggles.

This post has been edited by Samguin: 29 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Possible ACen 2014 Cosplay lineup

Friday - ??
Saturday - Snorlax Gijinka

#39 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostSamguin, on 29 March 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

This may be one of the dumbest questions ever, but, a friend a part of my pokemon group did an original design for Marowak and she was wondering if can enter it for giggles.

Don't have an original design category in craftsmanship, so not in that. That having been said, I might let it walk across the stage; have a picture?

#40 User is offline   Click Reload 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 22311

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

Do we have a time for the masquerade/judging yet? I'm running several panels throughout the con and my group is just trying to plan out when we have to be in costume. I've looked several places but I haven't seen any explicit mention of a time anywhere.
*~*ACen COSPLAYS 2014*~*
Piers Nivans (Resident Evil) | Uzuki Yashiro (TWEWY)

Sanji (One Piece) | Pip Bernadotte (Hellsing)

*~*ACen PANELS 2014*~*
Zombie Survival 101
Zombie Survival 101: Afternight Edition (18+)

#41 User is offline   namine1987 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61854

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hey there!! So im reallllly hopin that the anwser to this is yes but i submitted a prereg for the craftmanship byt never got an email. Am i pre regestered or did i miss it. If i missed it is there like a back up list? Im making a crazy complex detailed outfit and always compete :(

#42 User is offline   Sexy Kankurou 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10194

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hi! I PM'd and emailed you, so I'm spamming all things to let you know.

Hi!

Animosity Cosplay - We're only doing this because we hate you.
Animosity's Skits
Hetalia Tik Tok (This is also me)

#43 User is offline   Ziondood 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61964

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Has pre-registration closed for walkons? I tried to access the link and it gave me an error :/
Thanks!!

If it hasnt is there another way I can apply?
Nagisa - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
http://www.cosplay.com/member/169107/

#44 User is offline   Nanashigurl01 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17073

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

I am participating in the Masquerade as a walk on as well as for the Craftsmanship and I was wondering, for those of us in the Craftsmanship (me being Novice) do we need to bring anything for judging purposes other than ourselves and outfit?
Cosplay:
2007 - Selphie (FF8)
2008 - Mana (Malice Mizer)
2009 - Gardenia Mana (Malice Mizer), Selphie (FF8)
2010 - Gardenia Mana (Malice Mizer), Homunculus (Shadow of Destiny)

#45 User is offline   Jazhed508 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostZiondood, on 16 April 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Has pre-registration closed for walkons? I tried to access the link and it gave me an error :/
Thanks!!

If it hasnt is there another way I can apply?

Yes, pre-reg is closed. Jon typically saves up to 25 'at-con' registration spots for walk-ons. You will need to stop by the Masquerade Office Friday or Saturday morning to register. I would recommend Friday afternoon as your best bet.

View PostNanashigurl01, on 17 April 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

I am participating in the Masquerade as a walk on as well as for the Craftsmanship and I was wondering, for those of us in the Craftsmanship (me being Novice) do we need to bring anything for judging purposes other than ourselves and outfit?

You will need source images for your costume for the judges to compare your work against.

#46 User is offline   Ziondood 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61964

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostJazhed508, on 17 April 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Yes, pre-reg is closed. Jon typically saves up to 25 'at-con' registration spots for walk-ons. You will need to stop by the Masquerade Office Friday or Saturday morning to register. I would recommend Friday afternoon as your best bet.

You will need source images for your costume for the judges to compare your work against.

Awesome that works perfect!! Thank you :D
Nagisa - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
http://www.cosplay.com/member/169107/

#47 User is offline   Lunarex 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59275

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Just wanting to make sure i have this right, We just reply to the final email 3 15 minute timeslots? Can I say two and then my last one be during the masquerade?

Also, when is the masquerade scheduled to start?
Anime Central 2013
-Merida-
-Yumi-

#48 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

View Postmoyahshi, on 23 March 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

i have a few xD

1) This is considered a "walkon" in my book. As long as you meet the rules about that (and not those specific to craftsmanship), you're good!
2) the masquerade office is where you sign up if you don't have a slot (or check in if you do). Check the con maps for its location (it should be in the con booklet)
3) judging itself occurs at the masq except for those in some specific categories where we want more time.... At this point, it would be details @ the masq office (i'm behind in some emails to folks about their specific times -- you'd be grabbing one of the unused ones)

#49 User is offline   sabre 

• Masquerade DH
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostLunarex, on 18 April 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

Just wanting to make sure i have this right, We just reply to the final email 3 15 minute timeslots? Can I say two and then my last one be during the masquerade?

Also, when is the masquerade scheduled to start?

1) yes
2) 6

#50 User is offline   Lunarex 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59275

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

View Postsabre, on 23 April 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

1) yes
2) 6

Thank you!