Star Ocean 2012

#31 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 21 March 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Lol, my mom is what got us started. She did the vast majority on all of our SO2 group, it was literally a family affair, back when we first did it in 2003. I was Rena, big sis Claude, lil sis Celine, and mom Ashton. It was pretty fun. The dragons now take up residence on top of my big screen TV in the basement, lol. I love those suckers XD I already told my mom when I move, I'm taking them with and mounting them on my wall!

My first time doing OP cosplay was ACen in 2009. I was "coerced" into being Nami, and it sorta stuck, cause I love that character and I have a lot in common with her, haha.

I'm used to doing cosplay last minutes, cause I'm carazy like that

That's really awesome that your family joined in. id be overjoyed if I had that. As I said earlier, star ocean 2 is my favorite rpg. Lol and everyone would love his dragons, might get a plushie made. Ashton is my favorite character.

And nami is pretty cool. Im soooo glad she isn't in the same mold as all the other shonen female stars (completely useless/annoying) zoro was my first and I love his character. :D and I wish I was good at making cosplay, I have to commission. So I can't do it last minute haha. Lol (tho im slowly starting to learn, I did zoros swords myself :D)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#32 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 45789

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 23 March 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

That's really awesome that your family joined in. id be overjoyed if I had that. As I said earlier, star ocean 2 is my favorite rpg. Lol and everyone would love his dragons, might get a plushie made. Ashton is my favorite character.

And nami is pretty cool. Im soooo glad she isn't in the same mold as all the other shonen female stars (completely useless/annoying) zoro was my first and I love his character. :D and I wish I was good at making cosplay, I have to commission. So I can't do it last minute haha. Lol (tho im slowly starting to learn, I did zoros swords myself :D)

I really got addicted to Ashton after the playthrough of Second Evo...Ishida Akira-san doing his voice...was freaking awesome! (I only own the Japanese version). But he was always one of my top characters anyways. I played through most of 2nd Evo actually AS him, once I got him in my party. I also love our dragons to death. I helped when we were making them, so it was a lot of fun. Most of the cosplay stuff I did back then was the capes (like I made Rena and Celine's capes, and then I also helped with Celine's hat and Ashton's dragons, and Claude's boots). That was mostly before I could sew now. I've been planning on making some SO plushies for myself, but I sorta got caught up in cosplay stuff first, haha.

Lol, yeah, I love that Nami's pretty kick-butt. I really like a lot of the characters in One Piece. It has a really strong cast. But I'm the kind where once I cosplay a character, I don't tend to change characters within that series. Haha.

LOL! Yeah, I've still gotta finish some minor stuff on Impa, wanna redo my Nami skirt (though I have the skirt already done, just need to add the rings), and then finish a Lucy that I agreed to do...plus, I just told a friend that I'd take a commission for a Luffy shirt XD Not sure if he'll do it or not, still waiting, but he gave me all the measurements already...XD I'm pretty carazy. Oh, and I need to redo the harness for Illia's armor, and then make Ratix's armor, once he drops the fabric off to me. I'm half-assing it. I'm sorta glad our Welch never gave me her answer, cause then I'd hafta make that, too! (although I still kinda wanna, haha)
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:
Friday- Lyfa, Sword Art Online
Saturday- Impa, Skyward Sword
Sunday- Mimiru, .hack//sign

Look for me in AA~!

#33 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2974

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

I've recently downloaded Star Ocean: the Second Story. I haven't played it in so long! :o
Mom 2/5/1962-7/22/2006 <3
-Siempre en nuestras corazones-

Always remember the longer you live the sooner you'll bloody well die!

#34 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

I luckily own it <3 A friend's cousin accidentally forgot to return it to a rental shop that closed down, so she gave it to me :D
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#35 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

Oh lawdy, second story is my baby. Bought it brand new when it first came out. Lol ill always treasure it. Lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#36 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

I wish I had been into videogames back then D: I didn't really get a game systerm period til Zelda: Majora's Mask came out. I asked for it and a N64 for my Nov bday after seeing a friend's brother play it, then for xmas got Ocarina so I could beat it first.

But prior to that, I had an Atari and a Sega Genesis I got from a garage sale, but I didn't really know anything about games. Heck, I played Sonic Genesis as 2nd player Tails with an Atari controller (cause we only had one). So button and joystick only XD\

I learned about So2 when the EX anime first came out in Japan. A friend of mine gifted meh with the HK boxset since they thought I'd like it (how did they know!). I learned later though that I DID actually play SO1 on emulator long before I knew what SO was though, haha. It was also in Japanese, back before I could understand it, so not much happened...

I'd like to get a copy of SO2 with the booklet and all that in tact, plus I'll need to get a copy of SO3 cause my big sis was gifted that, so when she moves, it's leaving me. At least the rest are mine (and I've hidden our current copy of SO2 in my drawer with SO1 and BS, and she never goes into my room). Technically, the only other one she could put any claim on is SO2 though, lol, since it was a gift to both of us, while the others I bought myself~
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#37 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hold that thought. Lol when im not at work typing on my phone ill give a good reply. Lol talking bout games and star ocean deserves long responses. Lol xD
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#38 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 03 April 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

I wish I had been into videogames back then D: I didn't really get a game systerm period til Zelda: Majora's Mask came out. I asked for it and a N64 for my Nov bday after seeing a friend's brother play it, then for xmas got Ocarina so I could beat it first.

But prior to that, I had an Atari and a Sega Genesis I got from a garage sale, but I didn't really know anything about games. Heck, I played Sonic Genesis as 2nd player Tails with an Atari controller (cause we only had one). So button and joystick only XD\

I learned about So2 when the EX anime first came out in Japan. A friend of mine gifted meh with the HK boxset since they thought I'd like it (how did they know!). I learned later though that I DID actually play SO1 on emulator long before I knew what SO was though, haha. It was also in Japanese, back before I could understand it, so not much happened...

I'd like to get a copy of SO2 with the booklet and all that in tact, plus I'll need to get a copy of SO3 cause my big sis was gifted that, so when she moves, it's leaving me. At least the rest are mine (and I've hidden our current copy of SO2 in my drawer with SO1 and BS, and she never goes into my room). Technically, the only other one she could put any claim on is SO2 though, lol, since it was a gift to both of us, while the others I bought myself~

What if I find you one? :) Also, doesn't matter if I have the disk or not...I have PSX/PS2 controller USB port for my comp. ;)

#39 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 03 April 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

Hold that thought. Lol when im not at work typing on my phone ill give a good reply. Lol talking bout games and star ocean deserves long responses. Lol xD

Lol, I'm replying from work XD although luckily, being at a print shop, I'm in front of a computer! I could do it with my phone, if I was smarter with it. Still figuring out my iPhone...XD (though I can almost use the touchscreen without a stylus entirely now~)

View PostRamza Beoulve, on 03 April 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

What if I find you one? :) Also, doesn't matter if I have the disk or not...I have PSX/PS2 controller USB port for my comp. ;)

You'd be my hero <3 well, as long as it's in my price range XD I'd like to not go over $40 if I can help it, lol. I found some on Ebay that I was looking at, but since I can't auction hop all day, I lost most of them, or never bid. Right now I gotta pay my friend back for the Tales of Destiny and Tales of Graces she bought for me over in Korea before I get more games though (that and some car repair work, like my dang door!). Working at low pay and low hours totally sucks D:

I'm not that fancy with stuff like that, and I tend to be working on my computer if I'm at it, so it's hard to do much else. My friends always complain when they play MMORPGs with meh during my busy times, cause my character will randomly sit around or not move for like 15 mins and then suddenly dive back into the quest. But I tend to always be multitasking...XD
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#40 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 03 April 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

Got a hold of a laptop. lol Very slow at work. lol (I have an android myself, I just rather not type too much on the touch screen. I tend to get lazy. lol)

and i was just lucky. I just got into rpgs around that time. I use to hate em. lol But after I played ff7, i was addicted. lol I tried Star Ocean 2, and I played it over and over. lol Then came Grandia, which also has a special place in my heart. lol and you can play a genesis with an atari controller? that's awesome! lol First system i ever had was a game gear. lol then ps1. (also traded ff7 for a gameboy color)

i never seen the anime, but i should check it out. lol and i played a small amount of star ocean 1, (original) but i eventually got the psp version. still doesnt beat 2 haha. lol I need to buy 3 back. I quit around the end, the enemies were infuriating. lol i hated 0 mp= death. >_< but you are sooooo lucky you have connections. lol also how are you enjoying tales of graces? im liking it myself
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#41 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

double post >_<

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 03 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#42 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 03 April 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Got a hold of a laptop. lol Very slow at work. lol (I have an android myself, I just rather not type too much on the touch screen. I tend to get lazy. lol)

and i was just lucky. I just got into rpgs around that time. I use to hate em. lol But after I played ff7, i was addicted. lol I tried Star Ocean 2, and I played it over and over. lol Then came Grandia, which also has a special place in my heart. lol and you can play a genesis with an atari controller? that's awesome! lol First system i ever had was a game gear. lol then ps1. (also traded ff7 for a gameboy color)

i never seen the anime, but i should check it out. lol and i played a small amount of star ocean 1, (original) but i eventually got the psp version. still doesnt beat 2 haha. lol I need to buy 3 back. I quit around the end, the enemies were infuriating. lol i hated 0 mp= death. >_< but you are sooooo lucky you have connections. lol also how are you enjoying tales of graces? im liking it myself

Touchscreens just hate me...for some reason they never register me right. But I've gotten used to it. I actually have a stylus tied to its case though...XD I'm thinking come next month, I'll take it off and just stick it in my purse, since I'm only really using it when I draw on my phone anymore

FF7 was the first game I bought when we got a PS. I got really lucky, found it for like $12, back when it was between popularity cycles. It totally helped sell me. Actually, I don't think it's suppsoed to work, but I'm not sure if that controller was an actual Atari one, or a knockoff. Either way, it was boxed away with our Atari, so back when we were kids and my big sis thought we should do two-player, I jokingly pulled it out and plugged it in XD but it worked! though it totally limits what you can do. That's why I always had to use it as 2p. Cause even if I died, as long as 1p was alive, it was all good. I'd just revive~ (1p on the other hand wouldn't, even if I survived)

The anime goes through the first half of the game, basically up to right before they go to Nede (that's where they're headed at the end). It wasn't super awesome fantastic or anything, but I still loved it (in fact, my SO2 group was based more off of the anime purely for the fact we could get better references of their clothing). I was holding off on getting a PSP until the Crisis Core special edition came out, but alas, I missed out on it...though, it worked out well, cause a month later, the Star Ocean one came out! <3 So I got the PSP and SO1 together, and tehre was a deal to preorder SO2 with it, so I did that, too, haha. But I totally am addicted to Star Ocean games <3 I do hate the name changes they made in the US release of SO1...I've only played the Japanese so I didn't know until I was talking with my Ratix cosplayer, and he called him Roddick. I wanted to smack him upside the head D: (those would totally be written different in Japanese). And they even did lame stuff like change Fear to Phia. Oh gawd, I hated MP death...so much that I played the entire SO3 as Albel once ya got him, cause he;s notorious for that (same reason I spent most of my playthrough of the original SO2 as Ashton). I like that they removed that, in the remakes and in 4.

I wouldn't quite call it connections, lol. I just have friends who like to run off to Korea to teach (losing two more shortly, those weirdos!). I haven't played much of ToG cause I basically played it when she came back last year, but we had like 2 hours on it before my dad took over the TV with the PS3 on it D: I got to right when Asbel finds Sophie again, or something. It's been a while. But that's why I had her pick me up the Asian version over there. I'm used to the Japanese voices already, don't think I could handle the dub, plus I already have a save file, even if it's not all that far. She is to Tales Of series as I am to Star Ocean though. So we tend to trade games from our fave series (though I had to hand off other Tri games to her after a while, lol)
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#43 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 03 April 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Oh lawdy, second story is my baby. Bought it brand new when it first came out. Lol ill always treasure it. Lol

Same here bro.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#44 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 04 February 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Lol, well, you can get Faize's ending on 2nd play through, but horribly, it involves having to get Lymle's ending (freaking hated her!). I dunno, I personally love the battles in Star Ocean games. One of the reasons I enjoy them so much. I love that kinda system, free run and real time at the same time :D

I'm known for the super obscure fandoms XD Although I don't think SO is that obscure as some of the ones I cosplay from, lol. But I'm making my rounds through the games. I've cosplayed from 2, 3, and 4, and now I'll have 1 (all I have left is to finish her shoulder armor, which should be done by next week). And then I gotta go back and do Blue Sphere for the whole set <3

I'll admit, I have know idea who or what Alan Wake is..XD

Oh jeez, sorry for the late reply. Yeah, I can't see myself playing that game again. It was too long to me, even though the longest game I've played was much longer hour-wise.

Alan Wake is a good game. Check it out when you can.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#45 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

View Postnouseforaname, on 03 April 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

Oh jeez, sorry for the late reply. Yeah, I can't see myself playing that game again. It was too long to me, even though the longest game I've played was much longer hour-wise.

Alan Wake is a good game. Check it out when you can.

LOL! that'sokay, since ya quoted meh, too, makes it a lot easier to see what it was, haha. Really, it wasn't that long for me...my first play through on 4 was 32 hrs, and 2nd playthrough was 28...I got a bunch of fun sidequests and endings and the like, too. I'm known for my speed on games though XD

Lol, I may, but I'm chou picky about the games I play, since I have very little time
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#46 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

I don't remember how long mine took. I had to keep going back to level up because it took forever to beat the final boss. Not only that but it kept freezing. I don't have any time to play any games myself. The last one I played was Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. I have a bunch of games my friend gave me that I'd like to play but work is getting in the way.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#47 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Only reason I do, is cause a friend insisted on taking a pic on her cell phone to send to a friend, lol. Cause he was complaining that he had gotten like nowhere in 40 hours XD So she sent him that pic and got to annoy the crap out of it, hahah XD But most games I take like 40 hours and under of, cause time constraints. When I do play games, I wait til Ihave like 3-5 days free, and then just power house through them. Luckily, Zelda: SS came out not only right near my birthday, but right near like Thanksgiving and stuff, too, and since it was clsoe to end of year, I didn't really have any side projects going on. I spent 50 hrs on it, doing all the sidequests and whatnot...made me sad my playtime was so high D:
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#48 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Haha, my longest play time in a game is on Tales of Vesperia with 188 hours put into it. I'm just going through everything before I play the new EX game and even then, I'd have to play it a third time for all the achievements. Eh, no time to do anything at all. I'm stressed with my costume work right now, with work in general and just trying to get life on track for myself.

I want the new Zelda games. The most current one I own is, believe it or not, Twilight Princess for the GameCube. Played it to the first dungeon and had to put it down. I play one game at a time since I mostly play RPGs. I don't like mixing things up. But regardless of all of this, I'll try to go to the photo shoot. I want to see the Star Ocean characters from The Last Hope.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#49 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Lol, my ToV time was like 30...but I did learn that apparently, I skipped something, but I mean, I did sidequests and still beat the boss, so not sure how that happened. That's pretty bad though if that CAN happen.

I got my Wii for Twilight Princess, lol, well more like I got my dad and lil sis to get it as a xmas present for me when it came out.

Well, I'll tell you now, probably no one's gonna be at the shoot. Even if I was, I'd be as SO1 (and ditto to my "group). We brought out our SO4 cosplays like 2 years ago, but it's been a while, and my Faize needs some minor repairs. I don't know why the scheduled a shoot. I think they just look through and are like "Oh, there's a thread about this, so let's make a shoot about it!" I was excited two years ago when I saw one, but yeah, when we went it was just me and my two friends there...and a guy who wanted pictures, lol. So don't expect there to be people. I probably won't even show up for it, since I've got Impa and Lucy, and I sorta wanna try to throw a Nami back on for the Sat OP shoot...too much already going on! But if I DO see any SO cosplayers (which is highly doubtful), I'll try to get them together on Sunday, lol.
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#50 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 03 April 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Lol, I'm replying from work XD although luckily, being at a print shop, I'm in front of a computer! I could do it with my phone, if I was smarter with it. Still figuring out my iPhone...XD (though I can almost use the touchscreen without a stylus entirely now~)

You'd be my hero <3 well, as long as it's in my price range XD I'd like to not go over $40 if I can help it, lol. I found some on Ebay that I was looking at, but since I can't auction hop all day, I lost most of them, or never bid. Right now I gotta pay my friend back for the Tales of Destiny and Tales of Graces she bought for me over in Korea before I get more games though (that and some car repair work, like my dang door!). Working at low pay and low hours totally sucks D:

I'm not that fancy with stuff like that, and I tend to be working on my computer if I'm at it, so it's hard to do much else. My friends always complain when they play MMORPGs with meh during my busy times, cause my character will randomly sit around or not move for like 15 mins and then suddenly dive back into the quest. But I tend to always be multitasking...XD

Truth be told, tis said that people that often multitask are bad at it. xD The usb port adapter was my brother in laws. He's a douche bag, so I've kept it. Woo.

#51 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

I've been multitasking for years, so I actually can't just sit still and do just one thing anymore. I try, but it's hard D: the doctor says I need to relax more though, so I'm trying to get used to it. Like when my friend comes over, we JUST watch anime...I don't draw or anything at the same time anymore...well, at least for part of it!

best way to get stuff lol
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#52 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, I used to be pretty bad. I'd have the tv, the radio, chatroom, forum, mmo all going at the same time. One day your mind just says "NO" and you consolidate. xD

#53 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Lol, hasn't happened to me yet, and I doubt it ever will
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#54 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

I get those moments a lot, for different reasons. They usually help me. Especially when I'm feeling unhappy...get an epiphany feeling that hits me like a boxer, right in the kisser. "HEY YOU! WAKE UP! You're a happy person! Get content!" and then I smile and feel good for a long while. xD Like if someone has put you down, or made you feel weird "Hey! If they don't like you, that's on them!" and I go "Oh yeah!"

This post has been edited by Ramza Beoulve: 04 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

#55 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Oh, I just stopped thinking. Works so much better, ahhaha.
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#56 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Yeah! Thinking is for chumps! XD I think all the time. Oh, keep your fingers crossed.

#57 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Why? that gets painful, after a while
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#58 User is offline   Ramza Beoulve 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Ask a man why he's a dreamer and a thinker! Pshaw! I've always been. I like to daydream as well. It only really bothers me when I think about something that I'm totally uncertain of and the outcome may be dire.

#59 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

I daydream stories I write!

And yay, tomorrow I getta make Ratix's armor <3
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#60 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 03 April 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Touchscreens just hate me...for some reason they never register me right. But I've gotten used to it. I actually have a stylus tied to its case though...XD I'm thinking come next month, I'll take it off and just stick it in my purse, since I'm only really using it when I draw on my phone anymore

FF7 was the first game I bought when we got a PS. I got really lucky, found it for like $12, back when it was between popularity cycles. It totally helped sell me. Actually, I don't think it's suppsoed to work, but I'm not sure if that controller was an actual Atari one, or a knockoff. Either way, it was boxed away with our Atari, so back when we were kids and my big sis thought we should do two-player, I jokingly pulled it out and plugged it in XD but it worked! though it totally limits what you can do. That's why I always had to use it as 2p. Cause even if I died, as long as 1p was alive, it was all good. I'd just revive~ (1p on the other hand wouldn't, even if I survived)

The anime goes through the first half of the game, basically up to right before they go to Nede (that's where they're headed at the end). It wasn't super awesome fantastic or anything, but I still loved it (in fact, my SO2 group was based more off of the anime purely for the fact we could get better references of their clothing). I was holding off on getting a PSP until the Crisis Core special edition came out, but alas, I missed out on it...though, it worked out well, cause a month later, the Star Ocean one came out! <3 So I got the PSP and SO1 together, and tehre was a deal to preorder SO2 with it, so I did that, too, haha. But I totally am addicted to Star Ocean games <3 I do hate the name changes they made in the US release of SO1...I've only played the Japanese so I didn't know until I was talking with my Ratix cosplayer, and he called him Roddick. I wanted to smack him upside the head D: (those would totally be written different in Japanese). And they even did lame stuff like change Fear to Phia. Oh gawd, I hated MP death...so much that I played the entire SO3 as Albel once ya got him, cause he;s notorious for that (same reason I spent most of my playthrough of the original SO2 as Ashton). I like that they removed that, in the remakes and in 4.

I wouldn't quite call it connections, lol. I just have friends who like to run off to Korea to teach (losing two more shortly, those weirdos!). I haven't played much of ToG cause I basically played it when she came back last year, but we had like 2 hours on it before my dad took over the TV with the PS3 on it D: I got to right when Asbel finds Sophie again, or something. It's been a while. But that's why I had her pick me up the Asian version over there. I'm used to the Japanese voices already, don't think I could handle the dub, plus I already have a save file, even if it's not all that far. She is to Tales Of series as I am to Star Ocean though. So we tend to trade games from our fave series (though I had to hand off other Tri games to her after a while, lol)

Wow, guess it was off brand then. But that was really lucky. Good thing Sonic only needed like one button. lol Tho if that was me, I'd be fighting over who got 1st player. lol I LOVE sonic, and was obsessed as a kid. lol You'd have to fight me to get to play Sonic. lol (even tho I'd be that person who'd die. lol) And I got FF7 for 20. I decided to just give it a shot at the VERY least, and I was utterly addicted. Many nights were had where I left the game on cuz I'd go to sleep playing. lol XD

And yeah, I heard the anime was just an after thought, but it would have been nice to see it. lol I love the game so much, I would have loved it. lol XD Guess i'm just happy I have the game. lol XD And I knew bout the name changes, and how many hated it, but I was neutral since I never really played it or cared too much. lol Tho I can understand in a way as people will look at Ratix and pass, but see Roddick, and might like it more. I guess at least. lol And yeah, Mp death was annoying. Boss level regualar enemies would just spam MP attacks and I'd die everytime. Very frustrating. (I was at the very end too. lol) I want to rebuy it and finish. Eventually. lol

And honestly, the dub is pretty good. Tales of games usually are decently. Then again, i'm biased. lol Most of my games I prefer to hear in english, besides fighting and other random stuff. (but I LOVE hearing attacks in japanese. lol) Anime is the exact opposite. I prefer almost everything in japanese. lol I'm loving the game so far. It's really fun. :D And you don't call it connections, but I do. lol You are lucky to have people like that. lol I have some gamers friends who were are as deep as me, but the more deeper ones are kinda jerks, and we don't talk anymore. So I just get everything myself usually. lol I'm EAGERLY awaiting Xenoblade right now. lol

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 03 April 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

Same here bro.

We like too much of the same stuff. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users