• This topic is locked

Star Ocean 2012

#1 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 45789

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

Cause I can't stop doing Star Ocean cosplays~ I've covered 2, 3, and 4, so I'm going back and doing 1 for ACen this year. I'll be Illia, and I have a friend who decided to join me as Ratix. We're always up for getting more for our group, course, but all other cosplayers are welcome!

If you have a Star Ocean cosplay and are willing to bring it out, I'd like to get together for a photoshoot on Saturday. Nighttime would be awesome, but lighting not so much, so I'd probably aim for mid afternoon. I have to wait to see my panel schedule before I can really start planning for sure, haha.

Let me know if you're interested~
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:
Friday- Lyfa, Sword Art Online
Saturday- Impa, Skyward Sword
Sunday- Mimiru, .hack//sign

Look for me in AA~!

#2 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

I liked the story of Star Ocean: The Last Hope. As for gameplay, eh.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#3 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

Lol, well, I'm a star Ocean addict <3 at ACen 2009, I had a SO4 cosplay group. I was Faize, and I made Sarah for a friend, plus another friend went as Edge ^^

but mainly, I'm looking to see if I can get some other cosplayers together for photos, since it's such a rare cosplay genre D:
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#4 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Poor Faize. I wanted to get his ending after seeing how the other characters had their own. The only thing I didn't like about the game was the battle sequence. It reminded me of Pokemon in so many ways. But yeah, I've picked a character from a game most people may know - Alan Wake. Maybe I'll do that.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#5 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Lol, well, you can get Faize's ending on 2nd play through, but horribly, it involves having to get Lymle's ending (freaking hated her!). I dunno, I personally love the battles in Star Ocean games. One of the reasons I enjoy them so much. I love that kinda system, free run and real time at the same time :D

I'm known for the super obscure fandoms XD Although I don't think SO is that obscure as some of the ones I cosplay from, lol. But I'm making my rounds through the games. I've cosplayed from 2, 3, and 4, and now I'll have 1 (all I have left is to finish her shoulder armor, which should be done by next week). And then I gotta go back and do Blue Sphere for the whole set <3

I'll admit, I have know idea who or what Alan Wake is..XD
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#6 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 61704

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'd love to do Abel.
<3

#7 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

View Postemileighmorgan, on 20 March 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

I'd love to do Abel.
<3

Lol, he's the character I did from 3~ I'm a sucker for armor and gauntlets <3
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#8 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 04 February 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Lol, well, you can get Faize's ending on 2nd play through, but horribly, it involves having to get Lymle's ending (freaking hated her!). I dunno, I personally love the battles in Star Ocean games. One of the reasons I enjoy them so much. I love that kinda system, free run and real time at the same time :D

I'm known for the super obscure fandoms XD Although I don't think SO is that obscure as some of the ones I cosplay from, lol. But I'm making my rounds through the games. I've cosplayed from 2, 3, and 4, and now I'll have 1 (all I have left is to finish her shoulder armor, which should be done by next week). And then I gotta go back and do Blue Sphere for the whole set <3

Star Ocean 2 is one of my favorite games ever. The battle system is part of what made it great, but I also loved the storyline, the characters, and pretty much the entire experience. Now I want to cosplay as Claude!
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#9 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 20 March 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Lol, he's the character I did from 3~ I'm a sucker for armor and gauntlets <3

As am I, it's gorgeous <3

#10 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 20 March 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

Star Ocean 2 is one of my favorite games ever. The battle system is part of what made it great, but I also loved the storyline, the characters, and pretty much the entire experience. Now I want to cosplay as Claude!

I started as Rena in our SO2 group, but since I outgrew the shirt, and too lazy to fix it, I've taken to using Claude, cause he's super comfortable. I'll admit, even before that, I'd randomly wear the jacket around as actual clothing, haha. I'm thinking of doing either Rena and Claude from BlueSphere, too, although if my mom mom jumps back in as Ashton (she was our Ashton in our SO2 group), I may do Precis to match better...(though I really wanna do Ashton myself..XD)

View Postemileighmorgan, on 20 March 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

As am I, it's gorgeous <3

He was also my favorite character, hahaha.
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#11 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Mine too. I think he was by far the best one in that game.

#12 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

I was actually supposed to be Nel in our SO3 group initially, but when it fell apart, I just had to jump and grab him. He's such an interesting character, and of course, there's always something about a guy with nice abs in a midriff top, haha.

I even just redid part of the cosplay back Dec of 2010 so I could keep him alive longer. Debating about taking him to a mini-golf cosplay event this weekend XD
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#13 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

You should!
I don't see many people cosplaying as him...

#14 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 20 March 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

stop liking the same stuff. Lol xD star ocean 2 is probably my favorite rpg. I love everything bout it. I might cosplay from it one day, but I want to do Fayt first. Lol even tho 3 isnt my favorite lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#15 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

View Postemileighmorgan, on 20 March 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

You should!
I don't see many people cosplaying as him...

Lol, well, I always try to get all of my workable cosplay into at least one con/event each year. Though I wonder how easy it would be to minigolf in that...but considering last time I did it I was dressed as Nami from One Piece in heels (and beat the rest of the peeps I was playing with XD ). Unfortunately, even though my gauntlet IS flexible, it still limits movement somewhat.

View PostXenoBlade, on 20 March 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

stop liking the same stuff. Lol xD star ocean 2 is probably my favorite rpg. I love everything bout it. I might cosplay from it one day, but I want to do Fayt first. Lol even tho 3 isnt my favorite lol

SO2 has the strongest SO cast, imo. If you ever do Fayt, you'll hafta let me know! If we're at a con together, would love to bring Albel for some pics <3 ANd heck, if you ever do SO2, ditto. Cause I have three out of the four cosplay still somewhat usable (Celine is utterly dead, but Claude's in great shape, and Rena is in great save for the shirt which just needs to be made bigger. Ashton has his issues, but he DID go to a Squeenix cosplay event last year~ )

I'm just a bit obsessive though, so I've been working through them all. After realizing I had done 2, 3, and 4, it only made sense to go back and do 1, and eventually hit BS, too.
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#16 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

That's understandable, I'd love to see it sometime

#17 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'll admit, I'm horrible at coming up with my own cosplay plans on my own. Which is why I usually try to get friends or look for other people cosplaying what I'm cosplaying from XD

But this is my Albel, last time I took him out (summer of last year): Ashton & Albel at Squeenix Shoot (lol, and my mom as Ashton, with the wrong wig cause the other wig vanished...) I'll prolly continue gradually tweaking him since I've gotten better at making things like armor and the like~
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#18 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

That is amazing, How long did it take to make it like that?

#19 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Actually, not that long. I added the butt flap and the boot covers later, but those two took like 2 hours total together. The sewing of the costume was prety fast, it was mainly the one glove I made that took time (cause I suck at making gloves). The gauntlet was made in about 2-3 hours, but that's cause of dry time for paint and glue. The shoulder armor took the longest, cause the way I make armor like that is using felt (I know, sounds totally ridiculous, but it doesn't feel or look like felt when I'm done with it!). I did the same kinda thing for my Illia armor that I'll have on at ACen this year. It's hard as a rock. All the drying time on it takes about 1-2 weeks to finish, though it's nice cause you can basically leave it alone while it dries. I tend to work on other stuff during the same time. It probably would have been faster, but I did that one (my 2nd armor, my dad accidentally threw out my first) while I was in college and working, so not a lot of time in each day to work on it. Since Illia's armor, with me just working, only took around a week, and it's a little more complex, though it's still shoulder armor.

Funny enough, I've had to take in the costume several times. I think the stuff might have just stretched out, but the thigh highs, the skirt, the glove, and the gauntlet have all been taken in 1-2 times so far, and prolly need it again. Most of the costume was made back in like 2004 originally, after all...XD
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#20 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 20 March 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

Lol, well, I always try to get all of my workable cosplay into at least one con/event each year. Though I wonder how easy it would be to minigolf in that...but considering last time I did it I was dressed as Nami from One Piece in heels (and beat the rest of the peeps I was playing with XD ). Unfortunately, even though my gauntlet IS flexible, it still limits movement somewhat.

SO2 has the strongest SO cast, imo. If you ever do Fayt, you'll hafta let me know! If we're at a con together, would love to bring Albel for some pics <3 ANd heck, if you ever do SO2, ditto. Cause I have three out of the four cosplay still somewhat usable (Celine is utterly dead, but Claude's in great shape, and Rena is in great save for the shirt which just needs to be made bigger. Ashton has his issues, but he DID go to a Squeenix cosplay event last year~ )

I'm just a bit obsessive though, so I've been working through them all. After realizing I had done 2, 3, and 4, it only made sense to go back and do 1, and eventually hit BS, too.

It does have the strongest cast lol (and "best" voice acting too haha lol makes it more memorable lol) and of course. I might try next year. Id like to do Ashton or Bowman if I do so2 (so I can randomly say sakura attack lol) and im pretty obsessive with the series too. Lol played all of em. Lol (I just love tri ace lol)

And on the topic of pics, you are doing nami this year? We have to get pics for that. Im doing Zoro (tho the default version) so many people I know are doing one piece this year. Lol I almost have the entire straw hat crew.( just missing brook, Franky, and robin lol)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#21 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Also was gonna do groose too, go figure. Lol doing him for next con I go to. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#22 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 20 March 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

It does have the strongest cast lol (and "best" voice acting too haha lol makes it more memorable lol) and of course. I might try next year. Id like to do Ashton or Bowman if I do so2 (so I can randomly say sakura attack lol) and im pretty obsessive with the series too. Lol played all of em. Lol (I just love tri ace lol)

And on the topic of pics, you are doing nami this year? We have to get pics for that. Im doing Zoro (tho the default version) so many people I know are doing one piece this year. Lol I almost have the entire straw hat crew.( just missing brook, Franky, and robin lol)

View PostXenoBlade, on 20 March 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Also was gonna do groose too, go figure. Lol doing him for next con I go to. lol

Lol, I wanna do Ashton cause of the dragons XD THe dragons we have now my mother won't let me wear...and not cause she's being possesive over them or anything (they were a joint project made by her, me, and my older sister), but rather cause they leave her shoulders bloody. She's pretty sure they would destroy me. But I figure, I could always redo them and try to do his BS version. I plan on adding my BS cosplay to my list next year, so I can finally have all the games covered. I'll probably end up letting my friends pick which character I do from it though, lol. *super indecisive*

The biggest issue with BS is a lot of the characters have really Effed up clothing in my opinion...most normal are Claude, Rena, Ashton, and Precis. Of course, Ashton, Precis, and Leon are the major focal point of that game, as opposed to two...so not sure. I still have the Rena wig, plus I also have the wig for Claude and Ashton. I'll prolly end up with a long brown wig later this year for another cosplay I'm doing anyways, so would make that so for Precis. I could prolly do Opera without a wig, but she's only so-so in my character likes. And as much as I love Leon (especially) and Celine, I really don't like their outfits in Blue Sphere, lol...

Haha, yush, I'm doing Nami~ I lost my normal group, but had some friends going as Luffy and Usopp from Enies Lobby/Water Seven stuff, and since I have that version of Nami already (on top of 8 others), I decided to do that. For sure, we gotta get pics together if we can~

AHAHA XD Yeah, Impa was sorta an out of nowhere cosplay for me. I mentioned on FB I kinda wanted to do Impa from the game, and like 6 posts later, a friend was like "I just bought my Zelda wig~" so it made it so XD I'm mostly done with the cosplay by now, too~
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#23 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 20 March 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

im pretty obsessive with the series too. Lol played all of em. Lol (I just love tri ace lol)

Tri Ace equals WIN
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#24 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'll admit, I've bought games just cause they were Tri, haha. I still think overall the Star Ocean series was my fave, but Radiata Stories was a pretty kick butt stand alone game, ditto to Resonance of Fate. Trusty Bell (Eternal Sonata) had sooo much potential, but it flopped by the end.

Lol, I also have plans to cosplay from most of the Tri games...XD (Like Ridley, both versions from Radiata Stories; Leanne from RoF; Beat and Viola from ES; even got someone from Baitos, but blanking on his name)
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#25 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

I need to finish catching up with the manga.

#26 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Which manga? I've read most of them since I own the originals and can read Japanese, lol. Helps a lot~
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#27 User is offline   emileighmorgan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Ah, the one piece manga.
I wish they would have made more for the Star Ocean series though.

#28 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Lol, wasn't sure XD I'm up to date on that one though. Even got crazy and made Nami's newest Log Pose <3

Lol, well, there are actually quite a few star ocean manga. Star Ocean 1 has a oneshot, and then a couple anthologies for First Departure. Star Ocean 2 has Second Story (Claude's) and Second Evolution (Rena's story), plus tons of anthologies. Star Ocean Blue Sphere has well, Blue Sphere. Star Ocean 3 has Til the End of Time. I'm still looking for at least an anthology for SO4. It's the only SO series I don't own any manga for
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

#29 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostSanzaki Kojika, on 20 March 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Lol, I wanna do Ashton cause of the dragons XD THe dragons we have now my mother won't let me wear...and not cause she's being possesive over them or anything (they were a joint project made by her, me, and my older sister), but rather cause they leave her shoulders bloody. She's pretty sure they would destroy me. But I figure, I could always redo them and try to do his BS version. I plan on adding my BS cosplay to my list next year, so I can finally have all the games covered. I'll probably end up letting my friends pick which character I do from it though, lol. *super indecisive*

The biggest issue with BS is a lot of the characters have really Effed up clothing in my opinion...most normal are Claude, Rena, Ashton, and Precis. Of course, Ashton, Precis, and Leon are the major focal point of that game, as opposed to two...so not sure. I still have the Rena wig, plus I also have the wig for Claude and Ashton. I'll prolly end up with a long brown wig later this year for another cosplay I'm doing anyways, so would make that so for Precis. I could prolly do Opera without a wig, but she's only so-so in my character likes. And as much as I love Leon (especially) and Celine, I really don't like their outfits in Blue Sphere, lol...

Haha, yush, I'm doing Nami~ I lost my normal group, but had some friends going as Luffy and Usopp from Enies Lobby/Water Seven stuff, and since I have that version of Nami already (on top of 8 others), I decided to do that. For sure, we gotta get pics together if we can~

AHAHA XD Yeah, Impa was sorta an out of nowhere cosplay for me. I mentioned on FB I kinda wanted to do Impa from the game, and like 6 posts later, a friend was like "I just bought my Zelda wig~" so it made it so XD I'm mostly done with the cosplay by now, too~

I have to say how cool it is that your mom cosplayed with you. Most parents look at it as weird. (im grateful my parents were indifferent. They thought it was interesting) I love Ashton's dragons. I know I have to do those when and if I do him. lol That reminds me, Blue Sphere is the only star ocean game I haven't played. Dunno if I ever will sadly. I can't get enough of Star Ocean's 2 cast, so it makes it extra sucky. lol And defintely getting pics. I swear this is year of One Piece. lol I'm glad I decided to bring out Zoro there. He was actually my first ever cosplay, just haven't done him at acen yet. lol (5 years but no Zoro yet lol)

And I just thought of Groose too late, I liked him in the game, and I LOVE his theme, but just too little too late. lol Good luck with Impa. :D

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 20 March 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Tri Ace equals WIN

YES.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#30 User is offline   Sanzaki Kojika 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 21 March 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

I have to say how cool it is that your mom cosplayed with you. Most parents look at it as weird. (im grateful my parents were indifferent. They thought it was interesting) I love Ashton's dragons. I know I have to do those when and if I do him. lol That reminds me, Blue Sphere is the only star ocean game I haven't played. Dunno if I ever will sadly. I can't get enough of Star Ocean's 2 cast, so it makes it extra sucky. lol And defintely getting pics. I swear this is year of One Piece. lol I'm glad I decided to bring out Zoro there. He was actually my first ever cosplay, just haven't done him at acen yet. lol (5 years but no Zoro yet lol)

And I just thought of Groose too late, I liked him in the game, and I LOVE his theme, but just too little too late. lol Good luck with Impa. :D

Lol, my mom is what got us started. She did the vast majority on all of our SO2 group, it was literally a family affair, back when we first did it in 2003. I was Rena, big sis Claude, lil sis Celine, and mom Ashton. It was pretty fun. The dragons now take up residence on top of my big screen TV in the basement, lol. I love those suckers XD I already told my mom when I move, I'm taking them with and mounting them on my wall!

My first time doing OP cosplay was ACen in 2009. I was "coerced" into being Nami, and it sorta stuck, cause I love that character and I have a lot in common with her, haha.

I'm used to doing cosplay last minutes, cause I'm carazy like that
~Sanzaki Kojika

2013 Cosplay:

Look for me in AA~!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users