Cosplay gatherings 2012 - Updated 4/25
Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:44 PM
Foxtail: They haven't given out that information just yet, but the second they do, I'll toss a link to it or at least where to get it here.
Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:21 PM
This post has been edited by Star Keziah: 22 April 2012 - 08:30 PM
Hanji Zoë (Attack on Titan)
Photographer at Aly•Cat Studios
Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:55 PM
If you download the "guidebook" app (available for both android, apple and blackberry)
Then just search for Anime Central and it pulls up very quickly.
It's an awesome app!!! Super convenient you can even make your own schedule
Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:56 PM
Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:44 AM
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4012-4546-1458
Pokemon X Dex Completion: 718/718!
Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:44 AM
Callsign - WAVES
Lola Hart <3 ACen's own Bella Diva Fantistico!
BUBBLE POP BURLESQUE SUBMISSIONS CLOSED! THANK YOU!
Shiny Sylveon (Pokemon), Quistis Trepe (Final Fantasy VIII), Trish (Devil May Cry), Mad Moxxi (Borderlands 2)
Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:54 AM
Love: Nope, go with the schedule. The app has missed a couple meets, so please refer to the schedule in this thread and in the programming book.
and now, from a pm that held the best questions for this weekend on rain backups (thanks again, code2distroy!):
Where in the convention center exactly? That part right inside the doors before you get to the shops? Or can I just claim that circle area you mentioned (though I worry that, especially on Saturday around 2pm, it will be crowded b/c of those standing in line for a badge)?
- If it's raining absolute cats and dogs, shuffle to the inside of the con center lobby or to the fountains. I'd recommend the inside due to temperature and the fact that the lighting is marginally better. For those of you with DSLR's, the lighting inside is -all- halogen.. pack your flashes accordingly.
Will there be IRT or some other Acen authority to regulate the traffic around so the photographers and cosplayers can work quickly and uncrowded?
- IRT is..everywhere. Just look for the black vests.. and just in case you need to, grab their callsign off the black and orange nametags on their left breast pockets. I'm going to be talking to their supervisors when I get on-site tomorrow to let them know. If anything else, ask them to give me a call over the radios.. my name is Bri and I will be under masquerade department for further reference. They usually have someone stationed in the garden area and right inside the con center by the restaurant. I'm going to see if it will be ok to have someone (possibly the timekeepers) escort everyone through the exhibit hall as a shortcut since it's going to be so cold. Otherwise, it will be time to play parade and walk the long way around! I don't recommend taking the covered walkway as it takes twice as long to get through and will be smelling like fanboy by Friday night.
Will there be extended photoshoot time due to having to move people?
- We might be able to give a little extra time throughout the day since there will be a couple meets that won't show up or will decide to move elsewhere.. but please make sure that as a group leader, you have a list of picture ideas on hand and do not let anyone try and take over the shoot. If people have specific requests, but you're running short on time, ask if you can grab the needed people and move off to the side after your timeslot is up.
Should we meet up at the original photo location (in Bleach case C-D) and then move to our designated convention center location?
- Please do meet up at your original location so no one gets lost!
Who are the time keepers you speak of? Or is that me? (sorry this is my first time doing a photoshoot)
- Timekeepers will be staff members stationed at each location to help out with information, letting you guys know how much time you have, and will be taking headcounts and possibly pictures for our own records and fandom trending researching.
Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:22 AM
One more question, I promise XD Is there a specific location for the gurren group to go indoors or do we pretty much have to figure out what is available? I'm sry this is my first year actually leading the group and in the past we have been lucky with the weather lol Who knows maybe it will be warm with this weather but just in case.
Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:10 PM
Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:53 AM
Loading Docks A-D -> Inside of the convention center or to the traffic circle fountains in front of the con center
should we follow this plan instead?
Thank you so much for helping all the cosplayers deal with these changes! You are awesome!
Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:40 PM
Foxtail: it won't. This is chicago weather, so it changes more than a cosplayer.
So I'm at the hotel now... free wifi! Masquerade/costume events is located in DFW and there's schedules taped down in there.