Anime Central Forums: Cosplay gatherings 2012 - Updated 4/25 - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cosplay gatherings 2012 - Updated 4/25

#31 User is offline   laceyarsenic 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61397

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

For the Alice in Wonderland/Alice: Madness Returns Gathering, is there any way it could be a little earlier on Friday? Or Maybe the open 6PM spot on Saturday? I'm being selfish since I want to go to the meeting (especially since it was my idea), but I'm going to the Crystal Ball and want to enjoy that at it's fullest. Pretty pretty please can we move the the meeting time?
I realize your super busy but I would really appreciate it, thank you for your hard work! :glomp:
Even the damn cat is in on it

#32 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Sure thing!

#33 User is offline   laceyarsenic 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61397

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 14 February 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Sure thing!

Thank you so much!
Even the damn cat is in on it

#34 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Odd suggestion for the part about limited space. Given that some people come in on thrusday, could maybe some photoshoots, depending on the people involved, be moved to that day to give more space? Or maybe there could be meets prior to the con at different locations if the hotels are okay with that on the outside? Just curious.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#35 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

If they're willing to meet on Thursday, that's totally ok to do. Also, to answer your pm question, just go ahead and submit the form anyways. You may have down one person on the forums saying they'll show up, but then have 10-20 show up at con.

#36 User is offline   DarkCloudInc 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59331

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

Just curious, but why isn't there any gatherings near or in the lobby in front of vendor hall?
Facebook
---
2013 Cosplay Lineup: (Tenatative)
Sebastian Michaelis - Demon Form [Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji] Saturday [PM]
Keima Katsuragi - Kami Mode [The World God Only Knows] Friday
Folken Fanel - Black Winged Angel [The Vision of Escaflowne] Saturday [AM]/Sunday

#37 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

^ Probably because it's a high traffic area of people.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#38 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

The Lobby by check-in is going to have a new elevator loading situation, making it a weeeeee bit crowded.. on the ground level, there will be tables and a stage in the back, the area by the big poo statue will be line-up and such for Main Programming Beta..and on the other side, the hotel will be taking up that area with their overpriced food buffet tables. As for in the con center proper, that closes at 8 pm and will be used as a rain backup. I really don't like putting people in there for the sole fact that it's lit entirely by halogens (general rule of halogens: white washes, black blanks.) and I'd rather not make use of it unless people are being soaked down by momma nature. Main programming will be shifting its layout, so the main atrium will be taken up by lines!

DarkCloud: OMG, I just saw you're planning on a Van cosplay. You've just made my day very happy! (Yeah, I'm about 15 years late. I JUST saw Escaflowne for the first time two weeks ago. If you guys haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it.)

Changes made today, will put updated draft up later tonight: FMA has been moved to 3 pm, Loading Docks B; to accommodate for the panel wedding; FLCL is now 1pm, Loading Docks C. Friday night: Bioshock is being moved to 9 pm while Madoka is being moved to 11 pm since there's a panel confliction.

As far as rain backups: The general rule from years past is in play: If you're on the Hyatt side of the street, you have a choice of moving to the lower dome area (where you get to converse and chat up our lovely video programming people!) or even one of the parking garage levels..as always, please be mindful of traffic of course. If your group is scheduled to meet in the garden or loading docks, move inside to the con center lobby or to the parking circle fountain (the lighting isn't too great there, but it can be pretty.. and it's out of the elements). If you have any questions, the masquerade office will be in DFW. Hop in there and have someone radio me up.

Things to know about Chicago, April, and you:
'Hey.. there's a forest preserve back there!' There is! Hopefully, there will be leaves on the trees. I am personally worried because they are forecasting a wet spring and that area floods like Noah's nightmare when it rains. Please use at your own discretion. We have no say in if you can or can't go in there, as it is owned by the city of Rosemont. Also: Beware of deer droppings. It's not a pleasant surprise to find/step in.

With the East Outdoor Wall: We're going to try keeping people off the grass this year. Take the cement area instead!

#39 User is offline   BeatAngel 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61382

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

I have already made two cosplays for photoshoots which are scheduled at the same time.
and since this is my first convention suggestions on what i should do?
:[
'12 Planned cosplays.
Shizuko Heiwajima / 100 % done
Saya takagi 100 %done
LSP 100 %done
Surprise cosplay %50 done

#40 User is offline   Foxtail150 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61326

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Pick one or see how close they are and try to make both?

#41 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Well, I know many groups will go off and have unofficial meetups and photoshoots.. maybe you can arrange a meetup elsewhere?

#42 User is offline   Pau-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 26871

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 16 February 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

The Lobby by check-in is going to have a new elevator loading situation, making it a weeeeee bit crowded.. on the ground level, there will be tables and a stage in the back, the area by the big poo statue will be line-up and such for Main Programming Beta..and on the other side, the hotel will be taking up that area with their overpriced food buffet tables. As for in the con center proper, that closes at 8 pm and will be used as a rain backup. I really don't like putting people in there for the sole fact that it's lit entirely by halogens (general rule of halogens: white washes, black blanks.) and I'd rather not make use of it unless people are being soaked down by momma nature. Main programming will be shifting its layout, so the main atrium will be taken up by lines!

DarkCloud: OMG, I just saw you're planning on a Van cosplay. You've just made my day very happy! (Yeah, I'm about 15 years late. I JUST saw Escaflowne for the first time two weeks ago. If you guys haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it.)

Changes made today, will put updated draft up later tonight: FMA has been moved to 3 pm, Loading Docks B; to accommodate for the panel wedding; FLCL is now 1pm, Loading Docks C. Friday night: Bioshock is being moved to 9 pm while Madoka is being moved to 11 pm since there's a panel confliction.

As far as rain backups: The general rule from years past is in play: If you're on the Hyatt side of the street, you have a choice of moving to the lower dome area (where you get to converse and chat up our lovely video programming people!) or even one of the parking garage levels..as always, please be mindful of traffic of course. If your group is scheduled to meet in the garden or loading docks, move inside to the con center lobby or to the parking circle fountain (the lighting isn't too great there, but it can be pretty.. and it's out of the elements). If you have any questions, the masquerade office will be in DFW. Hop in there and have someone radio me up.

Things to know about Chicago, April, and you:
'Hey.. there's a forest preserve back there!' There is! Hopefully, there will be leaves on the trees. I am personally worried because they are forecasting a wet spring and that area floods like Noah's nightmare when it rains. Please use at your own discretion. We have no say in if you can or can't go in there, as it is owned by the city of Rosemont. Also: Beware of deer droppings. It's not a pleasant surprise to find/step in.

With the East Outdoor Wall: We're going to try keeping people off the grass this year. Take the cement area instead!

Wanted to ask you, there's a forest preserve back there? Is it behind the parking garage or how do you get there? I've been going to ACen for (now) 6 years and I have yet to see the place! :(
Tentative ACen 2013 Cosplays:

**TBA:Confirmation**

#43 User is offline   Flame_Alchemist2002 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 15801

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostPau-chan, on 16 February 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

Wanted to ask you, there's a forest preserve back there? Is it behind the parking garage or how do you get there? I've been going to ACen for (now) 6 years and I have yet to see the place! :(

If you walk past the garden area going towards the loading docks and keep going, you'll eventually find an area with a small guard shack thing with the arms that go up when you pay or whatever. If you look to your right from that area, you'll see a nice forest area. I guess you can say it's across from the Hyatt's parking garage area.
~ACen 2014!~
~Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)--Finished
~Klavier Gavin (Apollo Justice)----Finished
~Pocahontas --------75%
~Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater)----Finished
~Lea (Kingdom Hearts: BBS) --------Finished
"Xion dies, Axel is alone, Roxas' life is´╗┐ a lie. Oh, and they never get to the beach.
THIS IS A DISNEY GAME. >_> " -CheesyGranola (358/2 summary)

#44 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

Is there a map that shows where these locations are? For example I have no idea what "Tree patch" is.

Great job on the schedule! It looks like it would be really hard to organize.
:thumbup:

#45 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

http://www.acen.org/...12-updated-211/ <-Maps, pictures, and junk here. For the forest preserve, you'll see something that looks kind of like this: http://i41.tinypic.com/10xsqw9.jpg

Oh oh. The art and production department is making a mobile app with allll the locations and stuff going on it too.

#46 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 17 February 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

The art and production department is making a mobile app with allll the locations and stuff going on it too.

Thanks! That's great about the app because I finally have a phone that can do apps now. ^_^

#47 User is offline   DarkCloudInc 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 59331

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

[...]As for in the con center proper, that closes at 8 pm and will be used as a rain backup. I really don't like putting people in there for the sole fact that it's lit entirely by halogens (general rule of halogens: white washes, black blanks.) and I'd rather not make use of it unless people are being soaked down by momma nature. Main programming will be shifting its layout, so the main atrium will be taken up by lines![...]
That explains it! Thanks!

[...]DarkCloud: OMG, I just saw you're planning on a Van cosplay. You've just made my day very happy! (Yeah, I'm about 15 years late. I JUST saw Escaflowne for the first time two weeks ago. If you guys haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it.) [...]
I'm very honored to hear that. I just had to bring Van out of closet for the Escaflowne gathering especially since it doesn't conflict with any of the other gatherings I want to hit up. So hopefully I'll get to see ya there!
Facebook
---
2013 Cosplay Lineup: (Tenatative)
Sebastian Michaelis - Demon Form [Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji] Saturday [PM]
Keima Katsuragi - Kami Mode [The World God Only Knows] Friday
Folken Fanel - Black Winged Angel [The Vision of Escaflowne] Saturday [AM]/Sunday

#48 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Remember folks! You have 6 and a half hours to get final times in. Finalized schedule will be out by 2 am! Thanks for being so cooperative and helping me speed this along!

#49 User is offline   roserosered08 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61336

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Gurren lagann group is ok with the time we are set.

#50 User is offline   supergeekgirl 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5622

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Yeah, that's what I meant. 6:00 is still fine for MGS.
Costumes for ACEN 2012: Metal Gear: The Boss (BDUs, sneaking suit), Otacon; Doctor Who: Romana II (bathing outfit from "The Leisure Hive"), Twelfth Doctor; Other: Kaylee Frye from Firefly

Read my epic Cobra Unit fanfic The Joy of Battle: Historical Espionage Action!

#51 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Is the final schedule up anywhere yet?
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#52 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm hoping to have it all up and finished tonight. As soon as I can threaten/convince/plea/puppy eyes my husband into cleaning the kitchen, I'm going to be putting it up in an extra handy dandy organized list for the cell phone app. For now though, I'll put up the usual grid form.

#53 User is offline   roserosered08 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 61336

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 20 February 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

I'm hoping to have it all up and finished tonight. As soon as I can threaten/convince/plea/puppy eyes my husband into cleaning the kitchen, I'm going to be putting it up in an extra handy dandy organized list for the cell phone app. For now though, I'll put up the usual grid form.

thank you for all the work you put into it ^-^

#54 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Grid version is up, list version is being worked on.

Now get back to work! :thumbup:

#55 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on 14 February 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

Motoko: Loading Docks A is half of the prior Loading Docks Left. We'll have someone there to help you find it at con.

Sorry I didn't reply to this right away, I haven't looked at this thread for awhile.

But okay cool sounds good, thanks again! ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#56 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Tacking on a Catherine meet up at the Dome on Saturday at midnight, since Persona moves outside usually.

#57 User is offline   Okko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59615

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

So wait...where does persona go then, just want to get this clear haha
ACen 2013
Akihiko Sanada (Mayonaka Arena Version)- 100%
Malik Caesar (Tales of Graces F) 100%
Rei Ryugazaki (FREE!) 100%

#58 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

^ Indeed.

You could add Catherine to Persona/SMT since it's all by Atlus.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#59 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

This is true! I don't want to make it a complete Atlus gathering though, just because they've been cranking out Gungnir and Growlanser.. might get crowded.

#60 User is offline   Shotgun Ninja 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60357

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

Katawa Shoujo meetup, anyone?

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users